Profile for Mark T Skinner > Reviews

Content by Mark T Skinner

Mark T Skinner

TeckNet® M002 Nano Wireless Mouse,6 Buttons,18 Month Battery Life,2000 DPI 3 Adjustment Levels-Red
Offered by BlueByte Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Mouse!, 4 Feb 2014
First purchased this mouse in Dec 13, but had to return it as I thought it was faulty. Just received another mouse, but again, it would not work!
I have Windows Vista and the mouse is shown to work with this OS.

Emailed Tecknet and received a prompt reply with the following solution:-

•you go into Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager.
•Device Manager will display the non working device •right click on that device •choose Update Driver Software •choose Browse my computer fro driver software •Enter "c:\windows\winsxs" in the edit field named "search for driver software in this location".
•Please verify that this directory exists on your computer. If your windows directory is named or located somewhere else, replace c:\windows by whatever you have.
•Driver Update will search c:\windows\winsxs for the drivers there, this will take a while.
•This will also fix this issue for subsequent driver installations - at least on my computer.

After that, the mouse was recognised by the computer and now works fine.

Glad that I persevered as I love the feel of this mouse.

Only reason for knocking it back by one star is down to the literature not coming with this work-around for Vista.

SanDisk SDSDQUA-032G-U46A Ultra 32 GB MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card 30 MB/s with Adapter (Label May Change)

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware of fakes!, 20 Feb 2013
I purchased two of these cards in early January - one for my wifes HTC Desire C and one for my own Galaxy S3.
Within the month, my card stopped working. The phone could not recognise the card and neither would my PC so I was unable to try reformatting it. I have returned this card to Amazon for a refund which is in process. My wifes card is still working ok.
In parallel with this return, I have been in contact with Sandisk and they have confirmed that my wifes card is not a fake as it has a serial number on the reverse which they have validated. My card (although purchased with my wifes) has no such serial numbers on it. Sandisk advise that these can become "rubbed off" but advise purchasing only from Amazon directly and not one of their resellers on their MarketPlace. They can't say conclusively, but I believe my card is fake. You can register your card with Sandisk and I would recommend you do this if you buy one of their cards to find out quickly if you've been supplied with a dud - you only have 30 days in which to return your card with Amazon so be aware!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2014 5:01 PM BST