Profile for DragonsGash > Reviews

Content by DragonsGash

DragonsGash (UK)

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4)

2.0 out of 5 stars Just because theres a shortage of game on current gen, doesn't make the tripe any less...tripey!, 4 Sept. 2014
This could have been a good game.... but it really isnt!

The stealth element ranged from impossible to laughably easy. At one point in memory 3 (I think) I had to eavesdrop a fella on a plantation. I accidentally jumped out of a guard tower (a 30 foot guardtower) and landed on his mate who was stood right next to him. Game over! Or so I thought. The guy I was following never saw me, even though I was in his line of sight, and his mate got up of the floor, glitched for a second and then they carried on their conversation as if nothing had happened. I, who was still in their line of site, jumped over a fence and hid in a bush. Went on to complete the mission, with honours.

At an earlier point in the same mission, I kept getting spotted by some drunk guard who wasn't even looking my way.

This type of incident, I found to be commonplace. The other issue was the overall unrealistic nature of the game physics. I can dive into a foot of water from 100 foot in the air and take no damage, however, jump of a 10 foot rock into a 2 inch puddle and half my health is gone. When I'm following a ship, in enemy waters, I can be 20 yards from the ship in front and it can't see me. I can pass 100 yards in front of said ship and it won't see me. This all gave it an unrealistic edge that made me stuggle to become involved.

The combat is a mish mash of well timed efforts, and pot luck. I found myself setting up a counter only for my character to suddenly lose interest in the fight around him and start walking about. I'd take a hit or two from one of the combatants and then suddenly, Mr Kenway is back in the crouching tiger pose.

The side missions are the same thing over and over, unlocking a tavern involves having a barfight with the same four people you had a barfight with at the other side of the carribean.

Draw distances are appalling, even on a clear day, distant ships are marred in an unearthly fog. They also make very errant manouvers. one second they have the wind behind them, travelling full tilt, fire a mortar at them and they suddenly stop dead in the water, turn on a sixpence and are heading your way. They seem to also be carrying two-way radios or mobley phones cos the cavalry come belting in 20 seconds later.

The Assassins Creed engine is broken and all these games are now cash ins.

Its a shame too when assassins creed 2 and revelations were so good.

I gave the game 2 stars cos I didn't pay for it, I borrowed it of a friend. He didn't even get past sequence 2 before he gave up due to the irritating controls.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2015 4:31 PM GMT