Profile for santoshima > Reviews

Scottish Independence: Weighing up the Economics
Scottish Independence: Weighing up the Economics
Price: 2.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Still on the fence., 11 April 2014
Clear information well presented in bite sized chunks. The author obviously knows his subject. It was helpful to read this book.

The Story of the Weeping Camel [DVD]
The Story of the Weeping Camel [DVD]
Dvd ~ Janchiv Ayurzana
Offered by The Happy Zombie
Price: 4.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Another world., 9 April 2014
This was a glimpse into a world so different from my own that it was a real eye-opener. It is amazing to think of the people who still live a nomadic life, lovingly tending their camels and sheep and living such in close and supportive families. I was deeply moved.

PURPLE white PAISLEY neck scarf / durag /tube scarf / snood
PURPLE white PAISLEY neck scarf / durag /tube scarf / snood
Offered by TC-Accessories
Price: 3.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price., 30 July 2013
As a long-term wearer of Buffs I was happy to find this much cheaper version which is perfectly adequate and fulfils the required function at a greatly reduced price.

La Ruta Da La Seda
La Ruta Da La Seda
Price: 12.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Captures a mood, 30 July 2013
This review is from: La Ruta Da La Seda (Audio CD)
Heard this while on holiday in Andalucia and bought it when I returned home. It perfectly captures the mood of those lazy days in southern Spain and lets me forget the rain outside my window. Viva Espana.

The Abomination (The Carnivia Trilogy 1)
The Abomination (The Carnivia Trilogy 1)
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Can't wait for the next one., 23 July 2013
I loved this book and became completely immersed in it. The world it portrayed was encompassing and credible, despite the fantastical aspects. I was really excited to see that it was part 1 of a trilogy and went online immediately to download parts 2 & 3.
I was devastated to learn that part 2 will only be published next year, in 2014, and part 3 will not see the light of day for a further 12 months! Shock and horror - in this age of instant gratification to have to wait for a whole year and then another, really hard. So, thank you Jonathan Holt for a well written and gripping novel and power to your pen for the next two. I'll be buying them at the first possible opportunity.

ROGET'S THESAURUS OF ENGLISH WORDS AND PHRASES
ROGET'S THESAURUS OF ENGLISH WORDS AND PHRASES
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars words fail me - or they might but for Roget., 10 Mar 2013
Roget's Thesaurus is one of the essential reference books and I was delighted to find it available as a Kindle download.

Mary Plain on Holiday (Knight Books)
Mary Plain on Holiday (Knight Books)
by Gwynedd Rae

2.0 out of 5 stars outgrown, 10 Mar 2013
Mary Plain has not stood the test of time. This was disappointing as I had fond memories of these books.

Mary Plain Goes to America (Knight Books)
Mary Plain Goes to America (Knight Books)
by Gwynedd Rae

2.0 out of 5 stars outgrown, 10 Mar 2013
This was a sentimental purchase as I loved the Mary Plain books when I was a child. Unfortunately, unlike some books which can be re-read in adulthood with pleasure and the joy of rediscovery, this is not among them for me.

The Standard Electrical Dictionary A Popular Dictionary of Words and Terms Used in the Practice of Electrical Engineering
Price: 0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars not for me, 10 Mar 2013
I downloaded this by mistake. I'm sure it's a great resource for electricians but not for me.
I don't know how to delete it from my Kindle and would if I could.

Raven Black (Shetland)
Raven Black (Shetland)
Price: 1.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Raven Black by Ann Cleeves, 23 Feb 2013
I really enjoyed this atmospheric crime novel.. The wildness of the setting and the remoteness of the island played a big part in the story. The main character was engaging and well-rounded and the plot was interesting. All in all a good read and I will certainly look out for others in the series.

Page: 1 | 2