Profile for Sam Shingleton > Reviews

The Snowman
The Snowman
by Raymond Briggs

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book To Read To A Child, 1 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Snowman (Paperback)
I have had trouble finding a DVD like the VHS that I watched with my daughter and her mother. We all loved it! This is a wonderful edition of the book that I loved reading to my daughter.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Wrong, 1 Jan. 2013
I have a course beard but also, a very sensitive face and neck. This works well, but it does not 'calm' my face. It is not greasy, is easy to rub in, etc., but it does mor work for me.

French Brasserie Cookbook: the Heart of French Home Cooking
French Brasserie Cookbook: the Heart of French Home Cooking
by Daniel Galmiche

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cookbook!, 30 Dec. 2012
I really like and enjoy the French Brasserie Cookbook. It is easy to understand and use. It always reminds me of my favourite Brasserie in the eighteen just as you leave leave the ninth and are walking up the hill. A wonderful young couple made many of the dishes shown in the French Brasserie Cookbook.

Present Perfect: A Mindfulness Approach to Letting Go of Perfectionism and the Need for Control
by Pavel G. Somov

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Introduction And More To Perfectionism., 30 Dec. 2012
Present Perfect ties Mindfulness together with improving one's perfectionist tendencies. I have really benefited from Somov's approach! At times, the exercises get tedious, but more and more, I come to understand them.

The Princeton Review Cracking the AP Human Geography Exam
The Princeton Review Cracking the AP Human Geography Exam
by Jon Moore

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good AP Human Geography Revision Guide, 30 Dec. 2012
This is more readable and has better images than the Barron's revision guide, but it is more like text book. I like it and have used it to review for a lecture that I was preparing, but I think a strong student will benefit more from Barron's as a revision guide.

Reality: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
Reality: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
by Jan Westerhoff

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Introduction To The Philosophy Of Reality!, 30 Dec. 2012
I used this in a course taught by Jan Westerhoff on Anti-Reality. The book is a very good introduction; actually, it is much better than I expected from such a thin volume.

Goodnight Moon
Goodnight Moon
by Margaret Wise Brown
Edition: Board book

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Children's Book, 30 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Goodnight Moon (Board book)
I loved reading Goodnight Moon to my daughter as she grew-up, and she enjoyed the pictures and tale. I liked the hardback and paperback slightly more, but I can see the logic of the board book.

Tucker Peak (Joe Gunther #12) (Joe Gunther Mysteries)
Tucker Peak (Joe Gunther #12) (Joe Gunther Mysteries)

5.0 out of 5 stars Reminds Me Days Gone By, 30 Dec. 2012
Years ago while a ski bum, I worked as a ski mechanic at Glen Ellen (Sugarbush North) and Mount Mansfield. This book ring true as I read.

Pente
Pente

2.0 out of 5 stars Was Not What Was Advertised, 30 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Pente (Toy)
It is OK, but I wanted the one in the picture. It only has beads for two players instead of four. Nothing wrong with it, but I just was not satisfied.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Price!, 30 Dec. 2012
It works, and my laptop is happy. I wanted an Apple version but could not justify the price. I wanted to be able to have one at home and one at work. I have had no problems with this charger. OK, it is not Apple, but it works well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8