Profile for Sam Shingleton > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Christmas Music from Medieval Hungary
Christmas Music from Medieval Hungary

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Variation At Christmas!, 15 Feb 2013
At Christmas, I was looking for something different when I discovered this. Though it is not my favourite work of Anonymous 4, I really enjoyed sitting back and listening to the CD several times, and I expect that I will many more times.

The Complete Peanuts 1957-1958: 4
The Complete Peanuts 1957-1958: 4
by Charles M. Schulz

5.0 out of 5 stars Plugging Along With This Series!, 15 Feb 2013
I have really enjoyed reading a few comic strips from this series each evening. I am surprised how revealing it is regarding the times written. I look forward to many more volumes.

Darkness into the Light
Darkness into the Light

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 15 Feb 2013
This review is from: Darkness into the Light (Audio CD)
In the past, I have not been a great fan of John Tavener, but I enjoy most of Anonymous 4's work. I enjoy Tavener's style of music and thought that it would fit Anonymous 4 well. I love their Four Centuries of Chant, An English Ladymass, The Origin of Fire as well as some others, but for me, this is less appealing.

Leisureguy's Guide to Gourmet Shaving - Sixth Edition: Shaving Made Enjoyable
Leisureguy's Guide to Gourmet Shaving - Sixth Edition: Shaving Made Enjoyable
by Michael Ham

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fun Read!, 15 Feb 2013
I did get a few good tips for double edge shaving, but I felt that over all it was a quick, fun read.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Very Well!, 15 Feb 2013
The gel is wonderful compared to sticks for storage and ease of use! I find it very comfortable to use though there is the similar metal like taste. There is not any white residue.

Like an alum bar, it stops small cuts very well. If I were comparing it to an alum bar, I would say it was perfect, but the price prohibits its use as an alum bar.

For nasty cuts, the sticks do work better though I prefer the gel in all other cases.

Endeavour: The Origins of Inspector Morse [DVD]
Endeavour: The Origins of Inspector Morse [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shaun Evans
Offered by intrasound-gb

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Watch, 4 Feb 2013
I enjoyed this version of Morse's earlier life after dropping out of Oxford and finishing National Service in Army signals. He is portrayed on the verge of leaving his police career, but like Lewis, he is encouraged by an older inspector. Oxford and Oxfordshire are shown as being caught-up in organized crime, and this case is shown breaking the bounds. Oxford University's colleges are shown as one might expect with extreme class differentiation.

Fitbit One Wireless Activity and Sleep Tracker
Fitbit One Wireless Activity and Sleep Tracker
Price: £64.09 - £259.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Way To Consume Time!, 4 Feb 2013
My FitBit One is great! It works exceedingly well on my Apple laptop. Friends say it works wonderfully on their iPhone 4s, but my iPad does not favor the FitBit APP. The app works, but often, it hangs up on the steps graph. I expect that I will get the premium version of the software for its added functionality, but this cost an additional thirty-nine pounds a year. I find the sleep tracker to be a little flaky when set, but it works well when you input the basic information manually.

As a pedometer, the FitBit One is perfect and includes a records of stairs and calories that is slightly weaker. The sleep tracker, except for the above issue, is really interesting! It does a good job showing how many times that I wake-up during the night and the length of my sleep.

Data can be viewed and logged on your Apple or PC computer, iPhone and iPad with the limitations discussed with the iPad. Input data is easiest on the iPad/iPhone app. You can add food consumed, yoga, swimming, etc. This all are taken into consideration for one's calorie balance.

I understand that the software has been improved a great deal so far and expect that development to continue. I am glad that I got the FitBit One instead of the FitBit Zip which only had the step counter.

L'Oreal Elvive Active Selenium Shampoo 250ml
L'Oreal Elvive Active Selenium Shampoo 250ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 8 Jan 2013
Recently, I had trouble with my regular shampoo, Aveda, leaving my hair oily. I have searched through several, and this was wonderful. My problem is not dandruff but an itchy scalp, and this does exceptionally well. A larger bottle is available at some Boots for a bit less without shipping, but I found this after ordering from Amazon. Most Boots have the Active Anti-Dandruff 2 in 1 Shampoo and Conditioner, but I did not find it helped my itching at all.

The Night Before Christmas
The Night Before Christmas
by Clement Clarke Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 1 Jan 2013
As a child, I loved this story. Then, I loved reading it to my daughter, and this is a lovely edition of this story with great images.

Wallander - Series 3 [DVD]
Wallander - Series 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kenneth Branagh

4.0 out of 5 stars Lacking A Tiny Bit, 1 Jan 2013
This review is from: Wallander - Series 3 [DVD] (DVD)
I have loved this series! This one feels like the ending of Morse but in several stages. If you enjoy Wallander, you must see this!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8