Profile for Sam Shingleton > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Cactus Focus Repotting Mix 2 Litre
Cactus Focus Repotting Mix 2 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Cactus!, 3 Nov. 2014
My four cactus plants love their new soil. They have bloomed beautifully for me to show their appreciation.

The Complete Peanuts 1961-1962: Volume 6
The Complete Peanuts 1961-1962: Volume 6
by Charles M. Schulz

5.0 out of 5 stars Peanuts Grows!, 3 Nov. 2014
Nearly every day, I read one of the Peanuts columns, and I love them. Years ago, I liked Peanuts, but now, I feel like I understand Peanuts. Then again, maybe I understood Peanuts then, and now, I understand a different Peanuts.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 12, 2015 1:42 AM GMT

The Art of Growing Old: Aging with Grace
The Art of Growing Old: Aging with Grace
by Marie De Hennezel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 3 Nov. 2014
I really appreciated reading this book. Much of it is the thoughts of the author regarding her own aging as well as writing the book. I have read two other books by the author which I found excellent.

Berkley Tec Tool Portable Line Spooling Station
Berkley Tec Tool Portable Line Spooling Station

1.0 out of 5 stars It Broke Immediately!, 3 Nov. 2014
Like several others, I found the Berkley Spooling Station's holder for line to be very weak. Actually, it broke almost immediately. The method used to hold the rail for the spool is poorly designed. Overall, I really liked the way the product is designed, but I found this as a major design flaw.

Photographer's Guide to the Leica D-Lux 6
Photographer's Guide to the Leica D-Lux 6
by Alexander S. White

4.0 out of 5 stars Described Very Well!, 3 May 2013
This is an introduction to the Leica D-LUX 6. The information on batteries saved me as much as the book cost. It is very basic, but the author does a good job of putting together a manual at the same time as presenting simple methods to apply with the camera.

Nokia Lumia 920 leather cover - Perpétuelle - Noir
Nokia Lumia 920 leather cover - Perpétuelle - Noir

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Enjoy!, 2 May 2013
Though there is a niggling little issue of design for recharging, I really like the phone case. It was expensive, but it is very nice! Is it worth the difference in price; that, I am unsure.

The Selected Poems of Wendell Berry
The Selected Poems of Wendell Berry
by Wendell Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 2 May 2013
Many years ago, I became associated with the work of Wendell Berry. I had left him behind long ago, and now, I have loved rediscovering him. He is a mixture of Oliver and Frost with a Southern Appalachian independence thrown into the fray. At times, I even feel Richard Braugtigan stirring in the background.

Sheridan, Quilt Cover Double, Millennia, Anthracite
Sheridan, Quilt Cover Double, Millennia, Anthracite

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost exactly what I wanted, but not quite., 2 May 2013
These are very nice, but I had something else in mind as seeing them in the States. in the end, I have returned them, but they are very nice.

Braun Satin Hair 1 HD110 solo
Braun Satin Hair 1 HD110 solo
Offered by Digital2u

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 2 May 2013
The vendor was wonderful, and the product is exactly what I wanted. I was a small hair dyer, and I had tried several others that I did not like. This is perfect!!

Sheridan, Standard Pillowcase, Millennia, Anthracite, Set of 2