Profile for Marzipan > Reviews

Hermanos!
Hermanos!
by William Herrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Hermanos! (Paperback)
Great and credible insight to the Spanish Civil War.

Greedy Girl's Diet: Second Helpings! Fab Food Fast for a Slim Life
Greedy Girl's Diet: Second Helpings! Fab Food Fast for a Slim Life
by Nadia Sawalha

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 12 Feb. 2014
Compared to her first cookbooks, including the other diet one, this is awful. Most of the recipes are so basic, I felt it was completely patronizing. Won't be using - will be donating to someone who has no idea how to do the most basic tasks in the kitchen.

Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy
Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy
by Helen Fielding

5.0 out of 5 stars Helen Fielding is a genius!, 24 Oct. 2013
Only received my preordered copy yesterday as am in the US and have already whizzed through it - totally neglecting my three young kids in the process. How does she do it? Killing off the adorable Mark D'Arcy was a stroke of pure genius. I have laughed to the point of choking and also sobbed ( rest assured, I am not easily moved to tears). I consider myself part of the Bridget Jones generation, suffering similar singledom at the same point in time, and now as a 'geriatric' mother of young children. Although, my life is certainly no parallel to that of Bridget, the author has a unique ability to 'speak my mind', as I am sure she does for many other millions of women. her books are the only ones that can make me snort with laughter in public, and this one is no exception. for the first time since having kids I have realized that, thanks to this book, I am not the only imperfect middle aged mum on the block. Thank you Helen Fielding. Please keep Bridget going!

The Vietnamese Market Cookbook
The Vietnamese Market Cookbook
by Anh Vu

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant, 12 Oct. 2013
I received this book today and devoured it from cover to cover. I felt really inspired to cook so many of the dishes. I was expecting the majority of recipes to be interesting but inaccessible (thinking I may have difficulty finding the ingredients or they might be complicated) but not so. I could easily rustle up the majority of these dishes on any weeknight and would fully expect my three young kids to enjoy them. As a bonus, without claiming to be so, they all look very healthy too. Can't wait to get started. Finally the book makes me want to go to Vietnam!