Profile for nckweeks > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Sunshine On Leith
Sunshine On Leith

1.0 out of 5 stars Not our cup of tea., 24 Sep 2014
This review is from: Sunshine On Leith (DVD)
It wasn't the type of film that we thought it would be. It got turned off after ten minutes.

The Wolf of Wall Street [DVD] [2013]
The Wolf of Wall Street [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio

3.0 out of 5 stars Mmmmmmm Okaaaaaay!, 17 Aug 2014
My partner chose this film and whilst watching it there was a lot of sex and swearing in it. It was not the kind of film I'd have expected her to choose but it wasn't an issue for me. A bit far fetched and lots of loud mouthed Americans and it was quite a long film. Not a classic but OK for a few hours.

RoboCop
RoboCop
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

2.0 out of 5 stars Another feeble attempt to recreate the hype of the original film., 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: RoboCop (DVD)
How can Robocop be certificated 12 and still be the kind of film it's supposed to be? It was way too tame and the original can feel safe that this attempt will not knock it off it's legendary perch. I loved the original even though I wasn't old enough (18) to watch it when it came out. This watered down but modern version is inferior in my opinion. I wouldn't buy that for a dollar!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2014 11:30 PM BST

Scholl Express Pedi Electrical Hard Skin Remover
Scholl Express Pedi Electrical Hard Skin Remover
Offered by Surelifehealth

3.0 out of 5 stars I think the next step for me is an angle grinder., 19 Jun 2014
I bought this to remove the hard skin on my feet. I think perhaps the skin is too hard for it so I'm going to have to have a go with an angle grinder.

I, Frankenstein
I, Frankenstein

1.0 out of 5 stars More CGI infested American Nonsense!, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: I, Frankenstein (DVD)
I struggled to understand what this film had to do with the story of Frankenstein. It was full of CGI and the storyline was flimsy.

Blood Out
Blood Out

1.0 out of 5 stars Total and Utter Trash!, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: Blood Out (DVD)
Just a dreadful film with dreadful actors. They were mostly type cast London Gangsters who've been seen in this kind of role a million times before except this time it was based in America. Goss wasn't great either. I'm actually embarrassed that I put this film on my rental list. Easily the worst film I have seen for a very long time.

The Machine
The Machine

1.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea, 21 April 2014
This review is from: The Machine (DVD)
I usually like British films and I enjoy Sci-fi films but this one actually sent me to sleep. I can imagine it might be something Doctor Who fans or fans of any quirky sci-fi films / TV programmes would enjoy but to me it was very poor.

Born Fighter
Born Fighter
by Dave Hazard

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading his story help you appreciate the person., 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: Born Fighter (Paperback)
Having trained with Sensei Hazard numerous times over the years it's clear he's world class. All the talk about him seems to give him legendary status. I thought it would be interesting to read his story to gain a greater appreciation. It was a good read and shows that a person from humble beginnings can rise to the very top. I think the next time I'm standing in a Dojo with sensei Hazard out front, I will be motivated anyway but perhaps more so for reading this.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good and feels good., 31 Mar 2014
I saw this Gi first a few years back at a competition. The bloke wearing it won! He really looked the part in this Gi too. I like my Gi's and have 2 Tokaido, 2 Kamikaze and a Hirota. When a good second hand Kyoto presented itself at a very reasonable price I couldn't resist. It's very roomy and comfortable as well as lightweight. Just right for competitions or those strenuous summer training sessions where the sweat is flowing. I'm reasonably well built so having a roomy Gi really helps when I'm training. It's easy enough to look after and dries quickly after washing. As far as ironing is concerned it's not 100% cotton so it needs to be ironed on a lower heat than 100% cotton Gi's.

Asics Men's Gel Virage 4 Running Shoe
Asics Men's Gel Virage 4 Running Shoe

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price great running shoe, 12 Jun 2013
After having used Adidas Supernovas previously I was a bit sceptical about trying these but the price was good and the name is good and after trying them on the seemed alright. I've been out on quite a few long runs in them and they tick all the right boxes. I've got wide feet and low arches and they're very comfortable.

Page: 1 | 2