Profile for Winko > Reviews

Content by Winko

Winko

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Blue RJ45 CAT5e Network Ethernet Modem Router Cable For Laptop PC Desktop PS3 PS4 xBox One Live 360 Virgin Sky Box Digital HD Plus F5 Android Box Roku Freeview BT Smart TV Network Internet Router - 0.50M
Offered by Guilty Gadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars Connect with confidence, 28 Dec. 2015
Does exactly what was required, so that my Smart TV has full functionality. Arrived in time for Christmas, so didn't have to talk to the wife at all - which was a real bonus.

The Sexual Life of Catherine M. (Serpent's Tail Classics)
The Sexual Life of Catherine M. (Serpent's Tail Classics)

1.0 out of 5 stars Even the wife found it boring!, 14 Oct. 2015
I bought this book for 'The Mad Woman' to read, hoping it would remind her what certain parts of her anatomy are for. Unfortunately it had no effect.
All is not lost though. I'm going to give the book to my Mother-in-Law as her Secret Santa Christmas present, in the hope it'll give her a heart attack.
Fingers crossed!

Goddards Silver Dip 265ml
Goddards Silver Dip 265ml
Offered by Groceries R US

5.0 out of 5 stars So simple, even the Memsahib can use it!, 14 Oct. 2015
My housemaid - AKA 'The wife' - was taught by her mother how to use Goddard's Silver Dip. It really is the very best you can get. What's more, it's simplicity itself to use....as evidenced by the fact that both The Mad Woman and 'The Devil' can clean my silver without supervision.

As this year I'm spending Christmas with the Mistress, I've bought TMW this brand new pot as an exciting stocking filler. It will enable her to while away the time I'm enjoying myself, and keep her out of mischief.

She knows how much I think of her...

BDM Garmin Forerunner Compatible Bicycle Mount Kit for Approach S1 , S3 ,FORERUNNER 110 , 210, 310 , 310XT ,405CX, 410 , 610 , 910 XT ,Foretrex 301 ,401, FR60 ,FR70 by BestDigitalMarket
Offered by Best Digital Market

4.0 out of 5 stars Be careful not to let the wife see it!, 3 April 2015
When this arrived in the post, The Devil's Disciple got quite excited. (In fact she was quivering so much, I thought she'd been playing with her customised Rabbit again.) Seems she thought I'd bought her something inspired by a book she's become fond of - a tome about various tones of grey I believe.
Anyway, I quickly disabused her of the notion that it was something for her, not least because it's neither her birthday or Christmas. (And why she should think I'd buy her anything as expensive as this is beyond me. She just isn't worth it!)
Anyway, having checked the drinks cupboard was locked, I fitted this mount onto my bike, strapped on the watch and headed out for a ride with friends, during which the mount worked perfectly. So, buy with confidence!

In the Morning I'll be Gone (Detective Sean Duffy Book 3)
In the Morning I'll be Gone (Detective Sean Duffy Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Why won't the wife take the hint?, 3 April 2015
I bought this book for my wife - hoping that she'd take inspiration from the title and leave me a note (don't care where), utilising the same English. Unfortunately she hasn't yet fulfilled her side of this unspoken bargain, so I'm still suffering.
Hey ho. Undeterred, for her next birthday I'm going to buy her a book about visiting Beachy Head.....and hope she'll then be a push over...
Wish me luck!

Fox Men's Flux Helmet - Black Camouflage, Large/X-Large
Fox Men's Flux Helmet - Black Camouflage, Large/X-Large
Offered by Sportpoint

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Head? Sorted!, 13 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Fox Men's Flux Helmet (Sports)
My son is lucky. He has inherited his looks (and hair) from his mother's side, with none of the mental instability presented on a daily basis by her and her mother, aka 'The Devil'.
From me he gets brains - and to keep them safe - a rather large head.
Now, possessed as he is with blond locks that has his female hair stylists in tears of envy, the only time he wears anything on his head is when Barrel Racing on a horse, and when out on his bicycle. This latter activity has led to the need for a new helmet and the discovery that a lot of supposedly large fit helmets on the market are anything but.
Luckily, my local bike shop is a Fox stockist and a visit there enabled us to confirm that the Fox Large/X-large does indeed cater for those of us with big bonces - and a purchase duly made.
Three hard mountain biking weekends later all I can say is that feedback is superb. Excellent fit and comfort. Great ventilation. Easy strap and headband adjustment. Quality finish and graphics. Lightweight.
A 10/10 purchase - so much so that I have bought the same helmet for myself from Amazon (hence this review) - where I intend using it when out biking, and at home when The Devil's Disciple next has a throwing things tantrum......

Mpow Streambot Oval FM Transmitter Radio Car Kit with Hands-free Calling, 3.5mm Audio Plug, Car Charger Adapter for Apple iPhone 6S Plus 5S SE, Samsung Galaxy S5 S6 S6 Edage S7 S7 Edage,Note 2, HTC , Blackberry , Sony smart phone, MP3, MP4, GPS etc.
Offered by Patox

5.0 out of 5 stars Mpow 10. TeckNet 4 - No contest!!, 12 Jan. 2015
Anyone who has stumbled across previous reviews written by me, will know that 22 years ago I was cursed to meet 'The Devil's Disciple'. We're still married, largely due to the fact that we have (until recently) lived nearly 1000 miles apart - her in France, me in the UK.
This situation has been most excellent, in so far as I've been able to lead a largely batchelor life - leaving TDD to raise our son and tend the house - whilst having the protection of being married when Mistresses start asking for commitment.
Unfortunately, a couple of months ago TDD decided she's like to come back to the UK, probably to enrage her mother so much she'll depart this mortal coil - which will leave an opening in the Pendle Hill Coven and make my Father-in-Law very happy.
Anyway, to get back to the review, all these changes have meant that increasingly I've been using TDD's car - which I lavishly equipped last year with a £10 TeckNet MT-096 transmitter, as the CD player had gone kaput.
Well, all I can say after a weeks use is it's really not very good - and certainly not good enough for me.
The connector that plugs into the phone has gone wobbly, leading to periods of mono playback and the device picks up when the phone 'shakes hands' with a new cell, and when going under power lines. Like the wife's family, extremely annoying.
So, having looked at the options I went for this Mpow Streambot transmitter - and I'm gobsmacked with the difference.
No interference. Great stereo playback. A doddle to install. And, with the jack-plug connector, I've been able to play music from both my Apple devices and an Android thingy - all to a very high standard.
Whilst accepting that what I lose is the device also charging my phone/iPod, there's a usb port on the cigar lighter power input that enables me to use a standard Apple cable - and quite frankly the security of connection and almost total lack of interference puts the Mpow head and shoulders above the TeckNet - you really shouldn't hesitate - there is no comparison.
Mpow 10. TeckNet 4.
Buy it!
P.S. There's an additional bonus. The Mpow is smaller and neater, so when I give TDD her car back I'm able to put the good transmitter in my pocket and leave her the TeckNet. No point in spoiling her.......

The Original Simply Electronics Universal Stick Anywhere Mobile Phone Car Windscreen / Dash Mount Cradle Mobile Phone Car Holder, Rotate & Lock to Windscreen - Fits all Mobile and Smartphones up to 8.5cm wide. Also works very well with your phone in its Protection Case
Offered by Newin Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Brain equipped? Brain dead?, 6 Dec. 2014
My wife and I live separate lives. I sleep in a bed. She (like her mother) prefers folding her wings and roosting upside down from the hallway rafters.
We have a son, but that happy occurrence was only made possible by me swiftly taking advantage of her suddenly swooning when unexpectedly exposed to daylight... and quite frankly, that's ok by me. Less risk of being bitten on the neck by those fangs....
Anyway, back to this review of a phone holder.
Frankly, in most instances, I can't stand them. This is because users fall into two camps. Brain equipped and brain dead.
Now, for us who have cerebal matter, device holders serve the simple purpose of holding an MP3/phone securely whilst travelling. We position it to the side of the windscreen, leaving the view ahead free and clear. This enables us to drive with due consideration...unless of course we're in a Volvo or Audi. (Am I alone in seeing BMW drivers suddenly rejoining the human race?)
However, we're becoming a minority.
I now often see a car with one, two or even three devices on the windscreen. I immediately think, 'sad b......'
Then, I appreciate that the proud owner of the car probably thinks that by having a device suspended so as to quadruple the chance of not seeing a cyclist / pedestrian / motorcyclist / me, is supposed to make onlookers think he/she/it is cool, or whatever the word is nowadays.
Frankly, I'd like to see Road Traffic Officers pull every twit with a stupidly positioned windscreen mounted device to the wayside, and 3+ points awarded.
Anyway. Back to this review.
1. Dirt cheap
2. Quick delivery.
3. Gobsmacked by the quality, packaging and spare mount cup.
4. Suction to die for.
5. Don't pay more.
Finally, after all of the above I have to come clean and say I didn't buy this for use in a car. The flexible mounting system was ideal for a notepad I stole from a hotel years ago, so I bought this gizmo to be able to leave notes in full view on the hall mirror for The Devil's Disciple (TDD), and it's worked a treat. Now, whenever she's scrabbling around for her pointed hat and broomstick, she doesn't miss the note suspended in full view. (She still looks in the mirror, even though there's no reflection....) An investment of under £2 has brought efficiency to our married life and for that I'm grateful, as is my Secretary.
Now, if those of us with brains can just find a way of making idiot drivers suffer like I have done since meeting TDD, we'll really be getting somewhere!

Desert God (The Egyptian Series Book 5)
Desert God (The Egyptian Series Book 5)

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute garbage. Buy one of Wilbur's books from the time he cared about what he published...., 6 Dec. 2014
I'm a long time Wilbur Smith fan. Having to take annual breaks with 'The Devil's Disciple', I've always needed to have something interesting to occupy me in bed. A good book has always been a route to contentment, and in extreme circumstances, the pages have enabled me to wipe up after another sort of contentment.
Now, I realise at this point that a minority of Wilbur's fans will be reading this with unease. However, for the majority - by which I mean those who have read the wonderful WS tomes of yore - all I can say is that this lightweight, contrived and predictable tale is unworthy of the author.
If you are someone who, like me, has taken avaricious pleasure over many years from WS, please pretend he didn't actually release this garbage on his public. Better by far (for all concerned) to buy one of the wonders WS had written before he lost sight on writing masterpieces, and then devour each related book with pleasure and interest.
P.S. Not one to waste an investment, I racked my brains about where to offload this garbage. I then realised it's nearly Christmas, so have given the tome to my Mother in Law. She deserves to suffer.......

ACME Dog Whistle No. 210.5, Black
ACME Dog Whistle No. 210.5, Black
Offered by Pet-Bliss - Delivering WORLDWIDE

5.0 out of 5 stars Whistling up a storm???, 21 Nov. 2014
For much of my 20 years of married life, there has only been one love - my English Pointer. He's everything a man needs, but seldom gets with a wife...
Appreciative; comes complete with a fur coat; sits in the car and doesn't talk; is non-judgemental; doesn't need reassurance about weight / looks / what to wear / breath ; isn't too fussy about what we're eating, and always ready for some 'exercise'.
Unfortunately, he's now getting on a bit, and the realisation that there's an imminent chance he'll depart this mortal coil and I'll be left with just the wife to talk to has been causing some distress.
Luckily, in a flash of brilliance I remembered how I trained my pal in the first place, so this review is for the brand new Acme whistle that I bought for what people call my wife, but friends and I know as 'The Devil's Disciple' (TDD).
Now, I've been accused in the past of insensitivity. I took this on board when I chose what whistle tone to get for TDD and went for 210.5 - the highest pitch you can get in the range, and a sound many humans cannot hear. This meant I'd be able to train 'the mad-woman' to respond in public, without disturbing most of the peasantry.
It's worked a dream. She's already learnt that 1 toot means bring me a G&T; 2 is a 30 minute warning I'll be requiring food; 3 toots has been recognised that I'll be requiring the car to be outside the door of the pub as soon as I've finished my pint (she can hear the high pitch whilst waiting in the car park with the windows closed) and I'm working on 4 toots to be recognised as a variation on what in dog training terms would be known as 'down'.
A most satisfactory purchase, for use in training of all sorts of animals.
Thank you Acme!!
P.S. There is an old adage that you cannot teach an old dog new tricks. Acme proves that isn't necessarily true, but my Father-in-Law has said that whilst my Acme whistle is doing well with his daughter, in his experience an electric cattle prod works best with older cows...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7