Profile for Gerrans Girl > Reviews

The Vegan Cookbook
by Alan Wakeman
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My most prized cookbook of all time, 8 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Vegan Cookbook (Paperback)
My copy of this book was purchased back in the 1980s through Animal AID. I am still strictly vegetarian, yet ever with aspirations of veganism. This book has been an absolute stalwart in my cookery book collection for almost 30 years. My paperbacked version has NO pictures. The recipes are so good and the nutritional advice accompanying them so straightforward, that imagery is quite superfluous. It is the book I turn to first, before looking up ideas in any others in my collection. I thoroughly commend it to you all as an exemplary classic of vegan culinary nutrition.

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my ki-indle, oh yes I do! I love my ki-indle, oh yes I do!, 6 May 2011
Screen is so easy to look at for hours on end, something I wasn't sure about before. It's simple to make bookmarks and save text highlights to revisit if needing quotations. I can send quotes and highlighted text to myself via the wireless internet connection. Books are easily downloaded and shared.

Best thing: being able to hold it and read and turn pages all with the same hand. Perfect for reading in bed, whilst drinking my morning cuppa!

Smallest niggle: I miss being able to flick back through random pages very quickly just to remind myself about something that happened earlier, or when a particular character was introduced.

User Interface Design for Programmers
User Interface Design for Programmers
by Joel Spolsky
Price: 57.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down 'til I'd read it from cover to cover, 30 July 2003
Joel Spolsky's amusing yet informative style of writing gets the important points across in a way that makes them stick in the mind. IT books are so often written in a way that makes the eyes glaze over but I just couldn't put this down 'til I'd read it from cover to cover. Afterwards I felt I'd learned a lot from it, just through being entertained.