Profile for Anonty > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Hidden Object - My First Bakeshop
Hidden Object - My First Bakeshop

4.0 out of 5 stars happy with this game, 19 Dec. 2015
For this type of finding object game, I am happy to play this game as it isn't that hard so it is relaxing.

Garden Hut Mosaic Bistro Set - 1 x Table and 2 x Folding Wrought Iron Chairs
Garden Hut Mosaic Bistro Set - 1 x Table and 2 x Folding Wrought Iron Chairs
Offered by Duplay

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm very happy with the price I paid considering some of these ..., 30 Jun. 2015
Ordered this on Wed and it was delivered on Friday - what a lovely treat! I'm very happy with the price I paid considering some of these metal type Bistro set go for over £100. I even got the little matching bicycle planter stand. The quality is perfectly acceptable for my needs for a very narrow, slabbed patio area in my back garden though I'm also planning to repaint the metal parts with Hammerite metal paint in black just to make them more rust proof (esp the seat's lattice surface needs it). The legs of the table come off and are easy to assemble while the chairs just fold flat which is handy when you want to put them away during winter. My hubby however suggested the chairs might not hold an extremely heavy person. Overall I feel it's a pretty looking set, gives your garden a romantic touch or even Mediterranean feel. Hoping to add some black cast iron wall decors to complement this lovely bistro set.

Love, Rosie
Love, Rosie

1.0 out of 5 stars Vomit quality, Hugh Grant flavoured movie, 14 May 2015
This review is from: Love, Rosie (DVD)
Everything about the movie is trash, the story is weak, so obvious & predictable from years of watching this kind of films which makes it so irritating to stomach watching. If everyone run their lives like this in real life, we'd all be losers, thank god reality is far superior to this. Fortunately some of us have grown out of tacky, stupid (extremely low level), annoying Hugh Grant and Sandra Bullock rom com like they used to produce in their early days. I felt like I wanted all the characters in the film to rot, they obviously live in La La Land. I rented it because of the deceiving high rating only to find it's that kind of films I've grown sooooo bloody tired of...from someone who still love teeny romance film like Twilight and then there's Nicolas Sparks films, most of which have a matured outlook with better literary value in context & content. If you enjoy 'Love Actually' film this is a great match but for me, i hated it so much i shun myself away from this kind of trash.

Kindle Fire HDX 7", HDX Display, Wi-Fi, 64 GB - Includes Special Offers (Previous Generation - 3rd)

2.0 out of 5 stars Android trapped inside Amazon Prison - crucial Google features missing, 31 Mar. 2015
Having had Acer tablet and played around with Nexus 7, I'm sure whatever brand of android tablet (Samsung, LG, Sony etc) you buy they are very similar with operation, menu layout & navigation (and usual Google Play feature that on Kindle Fire is replaced by Amazon own's Appstore which can be a real pain in the neck especially when apps like Google Chrome browser is not available to download and their own version of You Tube app is so restrictive, I find it totally useless - I mean what's with the stupid search and why so little results generated than i get using the normal You Tube. I had to scour the internet (including You Tube demos) on how to install Chrome but i have yet to figure out how to how to get the PROPER YouTube app. They say you are supposed to get Google Play on your Kindle (another hassle for me with research & fiddling around) which will then allow you to load proper YouTube. For those who are perfectly happy to live with Amazon's 'restrictive' ecosystem, Kindle Fire is fine I'm sure but once you've used a normal Android tablet, you might be frustrated with this one. I hate it that in Kindle, you cannot put your apps in order/category of your choice in the pages (i have 5 pages on my Acer) that you can slide sideways.

Fortunately Netflix works fine even though they are their biggest rival but i guess they SIMPLY cannot afford to disallow Kindle users from accessing this apps direct from Amazon appstore.

Another thing, every time you download an app on your Kindle, your Amazon order history on your Amazon account is clogged up with lots of free apps even if they are billed at £0.00 - so annoying because they get mixed up with your non-Kindle orders from their store which are more important when you need to check them in a hurry!!! Now i have to go thru this stupid long list of £0.00 value apps showing on my order history...knowing how many us would want to play around apps, only to discard them, is it appropriate to list these discarded apps as legitimate orders?

The good thing i can say about Kindle Fire tablet is that it is by far the best priced tablet money can buy for a whopping 64Gb tablet for £150 is what i paid during their on-off promo offer (got their HDX model) and it is fair to say it has brilliant quality screen resolution & stereo sound, has decent built quality but shame about lack of rear camera as one can only take selfies or do video chat (eg Skype) - strictly no photography from Kindle unless you go for their most expensive model.

I also found some better ones anti-virus apps are missing from Amazon appstore so i suppose the same goes for other apps like camera etc...you never know what else are missing that you would find on Google Play. I appreciate there is no Google Play feature because Amazon wants to earn revenue via their own Appstore (& the workload required to replicate all the famous apps for their own tablet), trust me some of us are just not interested in paid apps. I think Widgets are missing from Kindle Fire but I could be wrong.

Okay my biggest reason for wanting to buy Kindle Fire was that i desperately wanted to watch Amazon Prime instant films which is not available on other brand of Android tablets except stupidly expensive iPads and it just so happen I own the worst Smart TV (Panasonic model) that doesn't support Amazon Prime instant films (you need Sony, Samsung & LG Smart TV apparently). I was so tired of watching Amazon films on my laptop.

Haunting at the Beacon
Haunting at the Beacon

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good story, 2 Dec. 2014
Pretty good, really not your usual horror story with the twist in the end. Enjoyed it but not sure why the rating is unusually low so try not to use that as guidance for decision to watch this film.

Collins Easy Learning - Key Stage 2 Maths: Age 10-11
Collins Easy Learning - Key Stage 2 Maths: Age 10-11
by Collins Easy Learning

2.0 out of 5 stars Too thin for the price you pay, either reduce ..., 29 Oct. 2014
Too thin for the price you pay, either reduce the price or make a thicker copy to reflect the price charged.

Collins Easy Learning  - Key Stage 2 English: Age 10-11
Collins Easy Learning - Key Stage 2 English: Age 10-11

2.0 out of 5 stars Much too thin for the price you pay, needs ..., 29 Oct. 2014
Much too thin for the price you pay, needs to be thicker or price reduced to reflect this. A rip off, i would rather scour the internet for study materials for my child.

KS2 Science: Age 10-11 (Collins Easy Learning Age 7-11)
KS2 Science: Age 10-11 (Collins Easy Learning Age 7-11)
by Collins Easy Learning

2.0 out of 5 stars ... for the price you are paying so not a good value. What i needed is a good comprehensive ..., 29 Oct. 2014
Much too thin for the price you are paying so not a good value. What i needed is a good comprehensive school textbook but so hard to get hold of for parents in UK - disgraceful!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 30, 2015 11:15 PM BST

KS3 Maths Year 7: Workbook (Collins KS3 Revision and Practice - New 2014 Curriculum)
by Collins KS3

2.0 out of 5 stars I was disappointed to find that I the book is very thin, 29 Oct. 2014
I would appreciate if the price was a little cheaper. I was disappointed to find that I the book is very thin.

Dead Mine
Dead Mine

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok but lousy ending, 12 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Dead Mine (Amazon Video)
Not too bad with common features and story line of your typical horror film with a bunch of people running for their lives but mostly the film is let down by a meaningless ending. I didn't rent it (watched on instant) so can't complain much.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7