Profile for C. Grainger > Reviews

Content by C. Grainger

C. Grainger "Clairopatra" (Bath. U,K,)

Converse Baby Bootie Blue Gift Set Size 1SIZE
Converse Baby Bootie Blue Gift Set Size 1SIZE
Offered by 4 Feet Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what your baby wanted !, 15 Feb. 2015
Very cool. Fits perfectly, they're like a lovely thick sock,easy to put on. Delighted.

Searching For Sugar Man Soundtrack: All Songs By Rodriguez
Searching For Sugar Man Soundtrack: All Songs By Rodriguez
Offered by MediaMine

5.0 out of 5 stars Rodriguez receives royalties., 2 Aug. 2013
After watching the very moving movie it was very important to me to check that the cash went to the artist this time.It is a very good selection of songs [14 in all] taken from the two released albums with three tracks that don't appear on either of them. Recommended.

Paris Trance: A Romance
Paris Trance: A Romance
by Geoff Dyer

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 27 Nov. 2012
I'd been recommended Geoff Dyer by a friend,and this was the first book I'd read by him and was disappointed. I felt that the story didn't really go anywhere, the drug taking and romances were just like going out clubbing in the eighties and nineties.

Palaces Of Montezuma [12" VINYL]
Palaces Of Montezuma [12" VINYL]

4.0 out of 5 stars Best multi-coloured piece of vinyl in my collection, 14 Jun. 2011
I must admit I love the artwork that has accompanied the 2nd album from Grinderman and I was buying this 12" for the cover.There are four different mixes on this ;the album version,one by Luke Tristan which is a great layered sound and almost totally instrumental,a Cenzo mix(not that different from original) and one by ex-Bad Seeder Barry Adamson which is vocal heavy compared to the other mixes. I love the clever humorous lyrics on this track although I've come to expect nothing less from the marvellous Nick Cave.

Grinderman [12" VINYL]
Grinderman [12" VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Gutsy Grinderman ., 15 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Grinderman [12" VINYL] (Vinyl)
I absolutely love this album. Grinderman are a four-piece band compared with the eight musicians in the bad seeds, but the sound is really full with Nick playing lots of guitar. Warren Ellis(the multi-talented musician) stipulated he wanted an album without songs about 'love or god' and that's what we've got. Nick's lyrics are brilliant as always and really humorous some reflecting his ageing...'I combed the hairs across my head,I sucked in my gut and still she said.'..from No Pussy Blues.
Hey I really don't mind getting old as long as Nick's getting old with me and entertaining me like this.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars NY Calendar 2011, 15 Jan. 2011
With a trip to New York planned for this year I thought it'd be fun to have a funky bright New York calendar. I was disappointed with the calendar on two counts.
1. On the page you fill in with your appointments all the Sunday's are red which can make it difficult to read unless you use a heavy black pen.
2. None of the locations are named(and some of the shots are quite obscure to the non familiar!).

Sub Woofer Speaker T008 by Steepletone
Sub Woofer Speaker T008 by Steepletone

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed..., 20 Nov. 2010
Having recently purchased a Steepletone Roxy record player I needed something to boost the sound quality as everything sounded tinny with no bottom end. This was just what I needed at such a reasonable price too. Recommended.

Soldier of Love
Soldier of Love

3.0 out of 5 stars Love her voice but...., 9 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Soldier of Love (Audio CD)
Couldn't wait to hear this,it's been a long time coming. Love her voice but really disappointed with the lyrics. Still love the vibe and title track and will continue to play it loads.