Profile for Anette > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Omen (Digi2cd)
Omen (Digi2cd)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 April 2015
This review is from: Omen (Digi2cd) (Audio CD)
I was beyond excited when I finally received Blutengel's new album and from the moment I played it I loved it. Wow - Blutengel just get better and better. The songs are both fresh and classic Blutengel, my favourites being The Siren, Give Me and Dein Gott. Having said that I actually love all the tracks, there isn't a bad song on this album although I tend to skip the slower songs but only because I prefer the more uptempo ones. Unusually, all the songs on the second CD are also brilliant - I often find a bonus CD is filled with rubbish but not in this case.

Not a day has gone by since receiving this CD that I haven't played it at least once - I guess that shows how much I love it. Now, I'm looking forward to watching the band perform the songs live when we go and see them in Berlin later this month.

Whiteout -CD+DVD-
Whiteout -CD+DVD-
Offered by ALL-MY-MUSIC-GERMANY

5.0 out of 5 stars This album is probably one of the best I've heard in a very long time, 3 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Whiteout -CD+DVD- (Audio CD)
This album is probably one of the best I've heard in a very long time. I'm a huge fan of Zeraphine and Solar Fake and have most of their albums but this one tops them all. There's not one bad song on here - it really is a work of art. If Zeraphine's next album (and please let there be more) then I really hope it will follow in Whiteout's footsteps. Absolutely brilliant.

Phenomena -Ltd/Digi-
Phenomena -Ltd/Digi-

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this album, 6 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Phenomena -Ltd/Digi- (Audio CD)
I bought this cd on a whim and am so glad I did. If you like BlutEngel and VNV Nation then you'll probably love it as much as I do. The highlight on this album is without a doubt Game On - brilliant.

We Are the Others [Special Edition]
We Are the Others [Special Edition]

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets Better And Better, 2 Nov. 2012
I'd been listening to Delain's first album, Lucidity, a lot before this arrived so it was a bit of a disappointment at first when this was so different. Now, I can't get enough of it, it just gets better and better with every listen - I'm quite literally addicted to it!

There isn't one bad song on this album although my least favourite is probsbly Babylon. Generation Me has the best intro but the rest of the song doesn't quite live up to it but apart from that, there really isn't anything negative I can say about this album. Even Where Is The Blood, which I didn't love at first, has become a favourite, although I do miss Marco (it's great that they've included the live tracks but I did miss him on the new material). I wish they'd included the full lyrics on the sleeve as well.

My two favourite tracks on this album are without a doubt Are You Done With Me and Get The Devil Out Of Me. I initially wasn't that keen on I Want You as I don't like ballads but I just love Charlotte's dark lyrics which turns it from a slushy love song to a dark, evil song. Great!

All in all, this is a brilliant album - I play it constantly in the car on full volume and never tire of it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2013 10:26 AM GMT

Chocolate Wishes
Chocolate Wishes

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 18 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Chocolate Wishes (Kindle Edition)
This is one of those books that you just cannot put down. I love a good romance but I also love something a bit different and this has got it (in a good way). I loved Jake, the goth brother and, of course, Grump. This is definitely one for snuggling under a duvet with, on a cold night with a great big box of chocolates.

Cynic Paradise
Cynic Paradise

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my all time favourite albums, 26 April 2011
This review is from: Cynic Paradise (Audio CD)
I discovered Peter Tagtgren and Pain when they were supporting Nightwish a few years ago and they are now undoubtedly one of my all time favourite bands. Peter Tagtgren is an absolute genious; how can one man write, perform, sing and produce such perfection? There's not a bad song on this album but if I had to pick a favourite it's probably Generation X. And perhaps I'm Going In. Oh, and Follow Me. Actually Monkey Business is pretty good too! Hell, the whole album is brilliant!!

This album is as good as, if not better than, Psalms of Extinction and is definately my most played CD - IT'S BRILLIANT!! I'm waiting with bated breath to see what the gorgeous Mr Tagtgren is going to give us next.

The Difference a Day Makes
The Difference a Day Makes
by Carole Matthews

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, 21 April 2011
This is a great book if you like your chic lit with a good mix of humour, romance and tragedy. I thoroughly enjoyed it but I couldn't give it five stars because I thought that it was a bit unrealistic for someone like Amy to agree to such a drastic move with any protest. Amy is a very successful business woman in a world which is tough and competitive so why did she not voice her doubts about the move? Surely someone in her position would at least express her concerns to her husband, after all, this is a life-changing move, not just for him but for her and the kids as well. I mean, it's not as if they were just talking about changing the wallpaper! Would someone like Amy really just obediently follow her man without a word even if she was worried about his health?

Have A Nice Day
Have A Nice Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Roxette at their best, 11 April 2008
This review is from: Have A Nice Day (Audio CD)
It's 2008 and my copy of this album has been gathering dust at the back of a cupboard but I've just played it again and wow, how could I have forgotten how brilliant this album is!! OK, there are some dodgy tracks but there are absolute classics here including the brilliant opener Crush On You, Waiting For The Rain, Stars and Beautiful Things but what about Cooper??? No-one here has picked this one out as a special song but I think it's a masterpiece. Listen to the lyrics, the haunting chorus and the funereal death bell and it sends shivers down your spine, it's really dark which is a huge contrast to what Roxette normally do (and I'm not talking about the sad/heartbreak stuff)! Does anyone know what I mean?

I must just add that Stars is just the best pop song ever, absolute genius! OK, I'm not over keen on the kids bit but I just can't sit still when I'm listening to it!

If anyone out there fancies a bit of 90's pop and are debating whether to buy this album then I'd say yes, definately and don't forget to listen out for Cooper!!

Angels [Us Import]
Angels [Us Import]

4.0 out of 5 stars Great album but ........., 26 Mar. 2007
This review is from: Angels [Us Import] (Audio CD)
As a massive fan of 69 Eyes I've been waiting with huge anticipation for this new album and was going out of my mind with the delays this album has had reaching the UK. It finally arrived and I was so expecting another Devils that I was in for a bit of a shock when I played it. Don't get me wrong, it's a great album but I must admit gone is the dark gothic feel of their earlier stuff which is what I love so much about them - there's no equivalent to Sister of Charity or Christina Death and the gorgeous dark feel of Paris Kills and Blessed Be is firmly in the background.

The whole album is much rockier almost going back to their earlier roots of Bump n Grind - it's much more guitar lead than the last few albums and it's a bit 'American' (nothing wrong with that but I want Finnish gloom) - the track Rocker sounds like it's going to be a corker with the most amazing heavy drum intro but then it gets a bit corny - same thing goes for Los Angeles and Frankenhooker. Having said all that though there are some brilliant tracks here for us old fans like Ghost, Never Say Die, Wings & Hearts, Star of Fate (sweet!), In My Name and Shadow of Your Love, Ghost being my favourite. So all is not lost - it's not quite what I was hoping for but there are some great tracks on this album and the rest does actually grow on you so it's well worth buying. By the way, it's worth getting the import for the new version of Wrap Your Troubles in Dreams which is great!

Nine Destinies and a Downfall
Nine Destinies and a Downfall

5.0 out of 5 stars Goth metal meets Abba!!!, 8 Mar. 2007
I loved At Sixes and Sevens (especially Sister Nightfall) and couldn't wait to get this album for more of the same. I was in for a surprise (a nice one though) for this album is really different from the latter but not a disappointment. It's sort of a mix between Within Temptation, Nightwish and ABBA (that's a compliment by the way!!) with a bit of Morten Veland's growling chucked into the mix.

This album is verging on pop but with an edge, the heavy feel is still there but the songs are extremely catchy and the combination of metal, choirs and female lead vocals are a winner. My personal favourites are My Mind's Eye, Sundown, The Other Side and Downfall. I'm not that keen on Glades of Summer though - a bit too soft but I can appreciate it's a pretty song.

If you like goth metal and beautiful vocal harmonies then you MUST get this album - it really is excellent.

Page: 1 | 2