Profile for T. Schubert > Reviews

Content by T. Schubert

T. Schubert "Shoobzzz" (England)

Golds Gym Mesh Back Glove Black Small
Golds Gym Mesh Back Glove Black Small
Offered by Maximum Supplements

5.0 out of 5 stars Perform exactly how you would expect., 28 Aug. 2010
Comfortable and affordable: that's what I was looking for in weight lifting gloves and that is what I got. After a month there is little sign of wear despite using them pretty much daily. My hands do not get sweaty in these due to the mesh as they can do in other gloves. No signs of blister development whatsoever. Looseness around the fingers does not affect lifting.

If you have not tried gloves before then do so, I can lift heavier weights as my hands do not slip, and do not get calluses. You also feel a little bit cooler!

Lips Number One Hits - Game and 2 Wireless Microphones (Xbox 360)
Lips Number One Hits - Game and 2 Wireless Microphones (Xbox 360)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great family fun, 15 July 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this for my sisters birthday, which was a great idea as it is the only game she can beat me on nearly every time. I know it works as I have an aweful voice and despite getting optimistic rankings like star and even universe, I always lose!
It is brilliant for ice breaking at a party, though when people have had a few it goes on bast the early hours until you eventually have to consider the neighbours.
Right, here are some cons - though you can buy extra songs (good) they are too expensive for what they are worth, unless it is your all time favourite.
- Due to the range of songs it is more than likely people will only know less than half.
- On a personal note, i genuinly do not understand how it reads your voice - I can sing so deep the windows vibrate yet will be hitting high notes?!
-If like me you like your achievements, this is not a 100% job, one of them requires getting 300 songs, so that is what ... at least £300 - sod off!!

Still, it is as I said great fun and a party game through and through. Each song comes with its video, of 'mini games' - don't get excited they only require you to sing well. And in most cases, the best singer wins, which is fair enough!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 4, 2010 7:13 PM BST

Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (Xbox 360)
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars To cool for school, 15 July 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Ok, I confess, I am a male university student and I love this game. Even after I had nearly 100% completed the first Viva pinata. When I was buying it I was toying with the idea of saying it was 'for my sister', however this not only looked deeply suspicious, but would also generate ownership issues later on.

I admit I am a bigger fan of Call of Duty and Red Dead, but this game is so happy, which is highly refreshing after games I actually find very depressing such as Half Life. Colours cover every part of the spectrum which is great of a HD tv, unlike COD which varies little from grey or brown.

I reckon this game would be too challenging for an actual child - many of the challenges require me giving up figuring it out for myself and checking the internet! Gameplay involves collecting pinata (animals), romancing them (in the form of a dance, which should avoid having to give children 'the talk'), making them happy and sending them off to parties. Although really it is about getting them all, I dont care about parties.

Learning curve is smooth, you dont need to do anything to get your first resident, but later on you will be fighting back deadly weeds, and trying to entice pinata that will only live there if they eat many many of your residents e.g. lion.

A problem for me was the focus on using a vision camera, I am never going to buy one, and that means I miss out on achievements, and feel like I am missing out on the game. Though I can still get every pinata.

York 5kg Standard Cast Iron Discs - 4 x 5kg
York 5kg Standard Cast Iron Discs - 4 x 5kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what you'd expect., 15 July 2010
Well at our modern level of technology it is pretty hard to go wrong making cast iron weights - its not rocket science, it's not even media studies! However many weight companies seem to mess this up - but not this one.
Delivery man a bit suprised, but since it was 20kg it's not too heavy.

If like me you already have a spin lock bar and just wanted to supplement your casual home workouts these are a great addition. Three of them can fit onto each end of the bar that came with the 20kg (2x10 with bar) York case.

Paint can come off a bit, but no where near as much as others i have used.

Come in cardboard box which may create storage problems but they are not large enough to be too space consuming.

Wilson K Fierce FX 105 Tennis Racket RRP £170 L3
Wilson K Fierce FX 105 Tennis Racket RRP £170 L3
Offered by Racketworld

5.0 out of 5 stars looks great, feels great., 1 Jun. 2009
Well to tell the truth I am only a beginner at tennis.
So I was absolutely amazed to find such a high quality racket when i was looking to spend about £40 on some OK cheapo racket!

For one thing - it looks good, people I play with are like 'wow'... Yep that's what they say.
Feels comfortable - i haven't got even the hint of a blister.
Performs well - even though i keep hitting balls with the rim as I am pretty rubbish.
Lightweight - hasn't done my wrist in.
The only problem is that it is Head - which is a retarded logo if you ask me... and i haven't made that really cool noise when you hit the ball directly in the centre, it instead makes a kind of metallic 'pang' noise.