Profile for Ms. H. Tooth > Reviews

The Heart of Faerie Oracle
The Heart of Faerie Oracle
by Wendy Froud

5.0 out of 5 stars Just gorgeous artwork as ever..., 12 May 2014
These are beautiful cards, I also have Brian Frouds older Faery Oracle with the card descriptions by Jessica Mc Beth, which I will confess are still my faves and never fail to bring clarity to confusing situations! These have more concise faery profiles written by Wendy Froud, also lovely. I bought two sets of these as I wanted to make a special gift to a special friend, these did not disappoint!

lavera Basis Q10 Moisturising Cream 50ml
lavera Basis Q10 Moisturising Cream 50ml
Offered by bodykind

4.0 out of 5 stars Great as a daycream..., 10 Dec. 2013
I like very much the skin sensitive range, It's light and delicate blend of essential oils give it a lovely fragrance. I have also used and continue to use the shampoos and all round cream and highly recommend them as all have worked well with my very sensitive skin. This moisturiser is very nice as a day cream in my opinion, as it is very light. If you suffer from very dry skin due to eczema or psoriasis this will not in itself be sufficient to soothe it. I have been seeking something with a more modest price tag than Organic Botanics really rich moisturizer which has helped me a lot. This moisturizer is not that product and I have now tried a fair few in the Lavera range. They all smell delightful and absorb well, great for regular skin or a daycream base but not for a super rich nightcream. The search continues...

We'moon 2013 Spiral Edition: The Other Side
We'moon 2013 Spiral Edition: The Other Side
by We'Moon Collective
Edition: Spiral-bound

4.0 out of 5 stars Same great journal but quality of paper and binding has slipped this year.., 20 Jun. 2013
I love my we'moons and have had one every year for the past 9 years. Was disappointed this year as the back page had not been bound onto the journal, the binding doesnt close properly and pages slip off the back. The paper has also got flimsier and shinier, and the biro has to be dry before you turn the page of you end up with a smudgy mess. I hope the we'moon folk will see that this year has not been such a success and return to their former paper!

LEGO Bricks & More 4637: Safari Building Set
LEGO Bricks & More 4637: Safari Building Set
Offered by Samurai Trader

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute for younger kids, 20 Jun. 2013
My son thought this was really cool, he liked the animals and says it can transform into lots of things.

The Biodynamic Sowing and Planting Calendar 2013
The Biodynamic Sowing and Planting Calendar 2013
by Maria Thun

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable!, 20 Jun. 2013
Always a great and accurate planting guide, sad that Maria has now passed away and wishing her peace and happiness on her next journey...

Ellie-Bo Dog Puppy Cage Folding 2 Door Crate with Non-Chew Metal Tray Large 36-inch Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars An invaluable accessorie for the new member of our family!, 20 Jun. 2013
I originally wanted to order the deluxe version of this cage, but it wasn't available with free supersaver delivery to Portugal, I guess due to the weight of the item what with the bedding included, so I went for this one. I like the cage, and the issue with having to lift the doors slightly to slide the bolts is not a problem for me in any way. The bolts are not particularly solid looking but as I, like the majority of folks are using this as a safe haven for a pup, and not a prison for a burly fully grown dog, I don't think theres any chance of escape. The built in tray is just great, and folding etc is a piece of cake. I toyed with the idea of the size bigger as we have a Portuguese pointer pup, but am very glad I didn't as this size is really sufficient, and already quite large and heavy to trot to the car with. I have a van, and this is great for safely containing our energetic pup on longer journeys, and we can pack stuff in round him with no fear that anything will fall on him. It does make a slight rattly vibrating sound due to the metal tray but this does not bother us (and could be corrected by putting a blanket under the tray).I find it is in fact its an asset as the slight noise of our pup moving wakes me in the morning if he comes out for a drink (as I leave the door open at night) and then we can pop out together to relieve the bladders! My parents bought one of these for their lab some years ago and it didnt have a tray, and my Dad had to cut a bit of ply to size so their dog wasn't with her feet on the bars.
The cage comes with a nice pamphlet about crate training your pup, good advice in my opinion. I had spent some hours on you tube and needn't have, as this had the best of what i had gleaned in just a couple of pages. Our pup loves his cage, it is his bed and den and 'enforced safe space' when I need to get on with jobs that he is not a great help with! Highly recommend investing in one of these!

Bearpaw Women's Emma Short Vintage Fur Trimmed Boots
Bearpaw Women's Emma Short Vintage Fur Trimmed Boots

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and warm..., 16 April 2012
I treated myself to these a couple of weeks ago when I saw they were on offer for 25 pounds with free delivery and am very glad I didn't delay as I returned thinking to treat my mother in law to a pair, to find the price has gone back up again.
I was watching second hand uggs on ebay, and then had decided to save up for some Emu stingers, but when i saw the price of these I couldn't justify the spend! They are a really nicely constructed boot, and I like the suede finish as I live on a farm and with animals and small children stains are high risk factor. I chose cognac, and its a kind of deep chestnut with a matt look. The interior (fluff up the leg) is much more synthetic than an ugg as it is 30 per cent acrylic (and yes made in China) but very warm all the same. The insole which is sheepskin is not very deep pile but warm n comfy. The sole is not particularly non slip but I bought these as a house slipper that I can keep on to pop out n pull some veg or hop in the car for the school run and they are super toasty- I made the mistake of strolling up the hill a 2 mile or so walk on uneven terrain in them on a cold dry morning last week n regretted it. I have narrow heels and the movement in the solid heel part at the back took the skin off one of my heels.I will have to shop for a heel insert (recommendations welcomed). I ordered my usual size and the fit is fine,(except for the heel issue!)
At the price they are now I would definitely opt for an Emu stinger, but if they go back on offer I recommend grabbing them as I got a bargain!

Fly London Mistry, Women's Boots
Fly London Mistry, Women's Boots
Price: £62.57 - £99.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Sadly not for really wide feet!, 1 Feb. 2012
I really liked these boots, but I am a G fitting in width and these just wouldnt stretch to it...I already ordered a size up too. They did fit round my sporty calves nicely (unlike the Mona boots), and I really liked the boot, but just too narrow for me.

Building Green: A Complete How-to Guide to Alternative Building Methods
Building Green: A Complete How-to Guide to Alternative Building Methods
by Clarke Snell

5.0 out of 5 stars Very clear and inspirational..., 7 Jan. 2011
Laid out as other reviewers have detailed with the four covered techniques all in one building. Easy to read and highly informative although not technically overwhelming. A wealth of pictures and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in green building techniques.

The New Self-Sufficient Gardener: The complete illustrated guide to planning, growing, storing and preserving your own garden produce
by John Seymour

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable..., 7 Jan. 2011
This lives at the front of my shelf and is referred to time and time again. Old fashioned maybe but I don't think this info will ever be dated! Straightforward no nonsense and clear advice in all areas!
It is well complimented by Permaculture manuals, companion planting guides, and a few homemade organic fertilizers, but for myself and my partner who have a smallholding in Central Portugal it is an invaluable resource.
Warning: as another reveiwer pointed out this is extremely similar, just a larger and more colourful version of The New Guide to Self sufficiency...which we also own, but are now more willing to lend out!!
I bought this for over 30 euros some years ago and havent regretted a penny of it...so for amazon price it is an absolute BARGAIN...honestly! Couldn't recommend it more highly, an absolute wealth of information!
One day our tool shed will look like his!! Ha!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4