Profile for Jack the lad > Reviews

Jack the lad

massG® USB Data Sync & Charger Cable for Sony Walkman
massG® USB Data Sync & Charger Cable for Sony Walkman

1.0 out of 5 stars Lead works, but company are a disgrace, 13 Nov. 2011
I had to order this item 3 times before I finally got it a few weeks ago. I had held off writing a review until I had the matter resolved, and a bit of time.

Eventually I received the item around 6 weeks overdue. This was after me hounding the company telling them the item was overdue, them telling me to wait, me having to request again getting it sent out, waiting, again contacting company after no show, again being asked to wait, and then - somehow - getting it nearly 2 months after original order, without much in the way of explanation and no admission of any wrongdoing.

I am adamant that had I not been so persistent they would have never gotten this item to me.

When I did receive the lead it worked fine and I have had no issues. But the company were very disappointing to deal with and I would urge people to try someone more reliable and, crucially, who cares about their customers.

Not happy, a bad experience from start to finish. ZERO out of five

How to Get a First: The Essential Guide to Academic Success (Routledge Study Guides)
by Thomas Dixon

5.0 out of 5 stars It's clear, 9 Oct. 2011
My instincts were not good on recieving the book; it looked small, overpriced, and largely not what I'd expected.

Then again, what was I expecting? After a few hours perusing the book I began to see its usefulness: for Arts students or those in the social sciences.

The greatest strength is in its absolute clarity. Everything is explained as succintly and simply as possible, without ever shortchanging you.

I could go on, but simply... I was very impressed, and for students who need to write essays constantly, in exams and submitted assignments, I think this is an excellent place to find succint, useful knowledge. His strength lies in clear and direct explinations of concepts you maybe half-knew but never got that full clarification on.

That's my honest opinion.