Profile for magpiefairy > Reviews

Content by magpiefairy

magpiefairy

Tech Armor Premium HD Clear Screen Protector for Apple iPad Mini - Retail Packaging (Pack of 3)
Offered by Tech Armor UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good protector, well worth the price., 9 Jan. 2015
Good quality protector. Instructions very clear, also liked the inclusion of "mini credit card", usually you have to use your own! First one went on wrong, human error, and as yet have never succeeded first time with any protective cover, and I have used several, but was expecting to sacrifice one anyway! Wouldn't use a touch screen without one of these on, but definitely worth spending a bit more for a quality one, this one fits the bill exactly and didn't cost the earth. Final point for info only: I found the best way to clean the screen is using a spectacle cleaner spray (I use a specs aver one) this applies before putting protector on and for general cleaning afterwards.

iPad Mini 3 Case, ESR® Yippee Colour Series Smart Cover Transparent Back Cover [Ultra Slim] [Light Weight] [Scratch-Resistant Lining] [Perfect Fit] [Auto Wake Up/Sleep Function] Protective Case for iPad mini 3/2/1(Mint Green)
Offered by ESR Case EU Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Definite Recommendation", 9 Jan. 2015
Excellent cover(s). Wanted a back protector that was "see through" because this was a Christmas present from my husband that had been engraved so wanted to see the message, also wanted the back cover and front to match. The fact that this cover is both in one is much better than having the two separate as I have on my other normal size iPad. Sleep/wake function works perfectly. Would definitely recommend this product, came well presented and packaged.

Eiffel Tower in a tin
Eiffel Tower in a tin
Offered by BuySend Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Gift in a Tin,, 9 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Eiffel Tower in a tin (Toy)
Great gift idea, there is a complete series of these tins and have bought others elsewhere. This was a present for my niece who enjoyed it emensely. The other tins I bought this Christmas were "Lego" tin, three different items to make, all separate (not having to break one down to make next) and "meccano" tin, again brilliant parts, mini tools included. Can't rate these enough.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, bigger than expected, fairly robust, love it's "soft"., 3 Jan. 2015
Bought as a present, was bigger than I expected, which was a plus not minus, only negative is I bought the blue police buggy in same series but as they both work on same wavelength was unable to use together which spoilt the gifts as they were for two little boys, ideally to play together. Could not find a way to change wavelength, other than that God quality, fun product, would recommend.

Crystal Effect Silverplated Round Shape Trinket Box with Little Flowers
Crystal Effect Silverplated Round Shape Trinket Box with Little Flowers
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, pretty box., 3 Jan. 2015
Very pretty little box, this was a gift, but I would have been happy to receive it myself!

Vax W90-RU-P Rapide Ultra 2 Pre-Treatment Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer
Vax W90-RU-P Rapide Ultra 2 Pre-Treatment Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer

4.0 out of 5 stars Vax Rapide Ultra 2, 8 Oct. 2010
When I received the Vax Rapide Ultra 2 I was amazed at the size of the box, upon opening it became clear that the machine was quite a big machine, taking up most of the box! However once out although it was quite heavy it did look powerful. The instruction leaflet was short, with pictures rather than written instructions. A few more words would have been helpful! I had to look at the pictures showing elements of the machine in use to work out where everything went as the "set-up" pictures only showed how to attach the handle and the Wand.
The machine is then ready to go! Measure the cleaning solution and add the required amount of water. It would have helped to have a small "measure" included, my jugs did not have the required scale, eg you need 40ml of solution and my jugs measure in 50ml intervals. Additionally because of shape of tank for the solution it will not stand on its own, so fill it over a sink!
Cleaning the carpets was incredibly easy! Push forward; activating the solution switch, I released the switch just before I came to the end of the push forward stroke, and pull back to suck up. This method of cleaning is very easy, size of machine makes it hard to get into small/tight spaces, but for this I used the hose and hand held nozzle. This works on the same principle after you have attached the hose (very easy to do once you have found the relevant picture), Squeeze trigger on forward movement - a word of warning: the liquid is sprayed in a sideways pattern from just behind the head of the nozzle, for using on the stairs I angled the nozzle at about 45º to get the most effective coverage on each step - pull the nozzle back and you can see the water being sucked up, in fact I went back over areas where I had used a lot of solution on the main carpets and sucked extra liquid up using the hand held nozzle.
The carpets were lovely and clean, and the pile rejuvenated, even my husband noticed! Also they were almost dry straight away. Two hours after cleaning I had everything back in place.
The pre-treatment wand seemed to me to bit over the top, but I haven't got any really dirty bits, if I get stains on my carpets I clean them as they happen, and the main machine coped brilliantly with the main traffic areas without the need for pre-treatment. If you inherit a very dirty carpet of one with large areas of staining then this attachment would come into its own.
Removing the dirty water chamber is very simple, a bit fiddly to get it totally rinsed clean. Removing and replacing the tank for the cleaning solution is again very simple to do, rinsing clean is very easy.
Cable length is good, but winding cable onto machine is time consuming because there is a lot to get into a small space. The hose could have been two steps longer! It would then have reached all the way to the top of my staircase, but then I guess it would have been harder to store.