Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "book addict" (bristol england)

Page: 1 | 2
Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Canvas Watch #BM6400-00E
Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Canvas Watch #BM6400-00E
Price: 104.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Lived up to expectations, 14 Mar 2013
I am female and I purchased this in Nov 2011 and it has been well worn since. This is a lovely watch bought for everyday wear to include frequent swimming and snorkeling. I have several Citizen eco. watches and have never had a problem with them. The others have metal bracelets and I didn't think I would like this canvas strap thinking it might fade and look shabby with wear, but it is very comfortable and looks as good as new, I wash it occasionally and its quick to dry. The watch has a clear face, visible in the dark and has not scratched. The date is not that clear but not important to me. It keeps good time and has not lost its battery charge, much better than the older Citizen models which I need to keep in light during winter. This watch has been my favorite since I bought it. Would recommend to anyone.

Samsung CE107F-S Chic Convection Silver Microwave Oven
Samsung CE107F-S Chic Convection Silver Microwave Oven
Price: 185.47

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice but poor turntable fitting., 11 Mar 2013
Purchased at Christmas, all settings and programmes worked okay but although 900w the microwave function was no quicker than my old 650w. I use a microwave oven for actual cooking not merely for reheating and had to refer to the instruction guide frequently to decipher the setting codes.
After 2 weeks of use, I returned this oven to John Lewis as the biggest problem was a poor juddering turntable. It seemed under powered and had too much 'play' on the centre pivot thus causing sudden jerky movements, occasionally causing a clunking noise where the turntable plate bumped on the back on the oven. Refund was no problem. thank you.

The Vegan Scoop: Recipies for Dairy-Free Ice Cream That Tastes Better Than the Real Thing - with 1/3 Fewer Calories
by Wheeler del Toro
Price: 11.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Mainly for American market, 17 Nov 2012
This is a lovely book to look at and some nice recipes, but many ingredients are not easy to obtain in UK, there were no recipes using Tofu. I thought it would have various ways of making Vegan ice cream the main ingredient is Soy creamer, the nearest I found in supermarkets was a soy single cream which was fairly runny. I realised that it would be best adapting my own recipes for dairy -free ice cream. Overall not very useful.

Olympus Beach Accessory Kit for Olympus TOUGH Digital Cameras
Olympus Beach Accessory Kit for Olympus TOUGH Digital Cameras

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small for Olympus TG-610, 4 Sep 2011
Nice beach kit with the Olympus name, I purchased with my new camera Olympus TG-610. Unfortunately it can only be squeezed into the camera case and would only close with pressure. These 'tough' cameras are now bigger than other compacts, but the same company ought to get it correct though.
The floating wrist band, excellent idea is quite large and too big for my larger than average female wrist.
I had to return the kit for refund.

Guide to Bees & Honey: The World's Best Selling Guide to Beekeeping
Guide to Bees & Honey: The World's Best Selling Guide to Beekeeping
by Ted Hooper
Price: 10.49

4.0 out of 5 stars New to Bees, 29 Mar 2011
Speedy delivery.
I'm a beginner Beekeeper and completeing a BBKA course. This book was recommended and complements my weekly notes.
On first impression not the most inspiring format and looks 'old fashioned' lots of black and white pictures, but it is a text book and once into it I have found it both informative and readable. I would recommend it to all would be bee keepers.

Citizen Eco-Drive Gents' Titanium Watch
Citizen Eco-Drive Gents' Titanium Watch

4.0 out of 5 stars watch, 16 Jan 2011
Arrived quickly, nicely packaged. Lovely watch, but much duller than photograph and didn't live up to expectation and suit recipient(my wife). There were no specific instructions in package, of how adjust the bracelet, or change date, which Citizen always supply.
Watch was returned and I had a full refund.

Under the Dome
Under the Dome
by Stephen King
Price: 9.09

3.0 out of 5 stars Very tedious, 7 Jan 2011
This review is from: Under the Dome (Paperback)
Excellent topic of The Dome and many varied characters, this could have been exciting throughout. Interesting beginning and then the tedium, of 300 pages. Far too verbose and waffled on and on, certainly not what I expected from Stephen King.

Le Creuset Stoneware Square Dish, Graded Blue, 23 cm
Le Creuset Stoneware Square Dish, Graded Blue, 23 cm
Price: 28.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Rectangular dish, 7 Nov 2010
Nice all purpose rectangular dish and largely non-stick. Delivered quickly. First dish- a hairline crack in base was apparent after only one use.
No quibble replacement, and I have used the dish several times in oven and microwave and no problems so far.

Hard Landing/Parts Unknown: AND Parts Unknown
Hard Landing/Parts Unknown: AND Parts Unknown
by Lynne Heitman

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard land and Parts unknown, 28 Nov 2009
Excellent read. First books I have read by this author and purchased at special price 2 books in one. Alex Shanahan is the main character, a woman in a man's world in a behinds the scenes airport drama. Both books provide good realistic reading and are certainly a different aspect from usual stories, also enjoyed by my husband.

Cold Granite (Logan McRae, Book 1)
Cold Granite (Logan McRae, Book 1)
by Stuart MacBride

5.0 out of 5 stars Cold Granite, 1 Dec 2008
First book I have read of this author and a nice change from American style. Excellent story with twists and intrigue, will be reading many more.

Page: 1 | 2