Profile for Fruit Loop > Reviews

Another Dinner is Possible
by Mike
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing everyday food, 11 July 2013
I've had this book for 2 years and can easily say for everyday food this is the BEST. Staple foods with ingredients anyone will have, nothing too complicated.
Most recipes can be made into meals for much larger quantities.
Love the intro's witty and honest.
Lots about growing your own veg, living in a planet friendly way etc, some of that is a little outdated now but it still sends across the right message.
Spiral bound makes it so easy to use. My favourite Vegan cook book (and I have lots!!).

Mouthwatering Vegan
Mouthwatering Vegan
by Miriam Sorrell

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book bit too glossy..., 11 July 2013
This review is from: Mouthwatering Vegan (Paperback)
I waited to read some other reviews before purchasing this book and from what I read I've given it a go.
As far as the recipes go I have tried quite a few from the website and they have all turned out brilliantly, some are repeated in the book. I've had no disasters with the recipes so far and have enjoyed the taste.
I will use this more for occasions rather than everyday cooking, due to timing and some ingredients being quite expensive when experimenting, especially when only a couple of Tbs are required.
Disappointed that the cover photo shows what looks like a meat substitute, and there's quite a lot in the book. Why did the word 'meat' have to be printed on the front cover?
Photo's are always lacking in Vegan cook books but personally I think there are too many in this one, giving an overall glossy 'coffee table' look which wont stay that way in many kitchens I doubt.
Confidence is a good thing but when lots of the intro's tell me 'it's the best ever' then it becomes a little self indulgent.
Could also do with guide times for prep & cooking as until you've made it once you don't know how long it's going to take. These little details help when you don't want to read through every recipe to work out times when deciding what to cook.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2013 11:13 AM BST

Julia's Chocolates
Julia's Chocolates
by Cathy Lamb

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't miss this one, 23 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Julia's Chocolates (Paperback)
Wonderfully written, you might find the characters a bit OTT but I could relate to each one of them. This book had me laughing, crying, and licking my lips for chocolate! one of those you never want to end. Everyone I've recommended this book to has enjoyed it as much as me.