Profile for Oso Blanco > Reviews

Oso Blanco (Berlin)

London 0 -  Hull 4 Deluxe Edition
London 0 - Hull 4 Deluxe Edition
Price: 16.28

3.0 out of 5 stars The Housemartins are great, but this release could have been better!, 1 July 2009
Finally! The b-sides and more BBC session tracks! From what I expected this Deluxe Edition to be, I would have given it a five star plus rating. The original album and the bonus tracks are of course excellent! But there are simply too many mistakes on the bonus disc, as the other reviewer has already explained.

Sadly, I have to add two more complaints: The intro of "Who Needs The Limelight" is missing, and "The Mighty Ship" sounds different to all the previous releases of that song. I'm not sure if it's an outtake or a session version, but it's definitely not the normal studio version. Although that's in fact very interesting, I would have loved to have the original version remastered and this previosly unreleased version credited correctly.

The most frustrating thing however is that the original b-side version of "Drop Down Dead" and some of the acapella b-sides remain unavailable on CD!

On the plus side, the bonus disc is nearly completing the "Live at the BBC" compilation, and maybe we'll get the rest of what we need from the Deluxe Edition of "The People Who Grinned Themselves To Death", which will hopefully follow sooner or later.