Profile for realityarts > Reviews

Content by realityarts

realityarts

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Downy Unstopables In Wash Booster, Packaging May Vary, 13.2 Ounce(Scent Name: Fresh Scent|Size: Pack of 1)
Offered by OooP!

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a Try, 19 Sep 2014
I have been part of the review team at Super Savvy Circle trying out Lenor Unstoppables. I had previously seen the advert on TV and was interested in seeing if it does what it says. I have been able to try out the product and share samples with family and friends and have received some good comments from them. The product come come 3 fragrances and I have seen 2 sizes sold in my local supermarket.

It does have a lovely smell, though I haven't tried any of the other varieties - your clothes come out of the washing machine smelling fresh. The scent does last quite a while when used with your regular fabric conditioner. It would have been great to have the fabric conditioner and the In wash booster rolled into one so that you don't have to purchase two products.

Great features include: great smell, dosage cap so there is no mess and there is no residue on clothes when the wash is complete. I even found if you sprinkled a few of the beads into a container it acted as a room freshener!

All in all it is worth trying out, shop around for special promotions that are being given by some supermarkets.

Bluedio New Version R+ Bluetooth Stereo Hi-fi Headphone Supports NFC aptX® audio suppression solution Bluetooth4.0 8Tracks headset Support Line-in Mode Multi-Media Playing Micro-SD Card (32GB) Music Playing (White)
Offered by GrandView

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 26 Aug 2014
This headphones has amazing sound quality and was a really great buy. Depending on the size of your memory card you can hold a large amount of songs. The only downside is that it is a bit fragile and you have to be careful how you carry it around. One of the plastic attachments on my earphone broke and it has been difficult to fix. It comes with a soft cloth carry case, but this could have been remedied if it had a hard carry case. All in all I don't think you will be disappointed with the quality of the headphones and I definitely recommend!

Maleficent Free Fall
Maleficent Free Fall

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite a good game!, 26 Aug 2014
This review is from: Maleficent Free Fall (App)
This is one of those games that you get instant gratification while playing. It is very similar to many others out there where you have to line up the brightly colored gems and see them explode or disappear. After you get to a certain level in the game you get Angelina Jolies' character either egging you on or gesturing disapprovingly as you fail. It is a fun game, very addictive, and each level the challenge gets increasingly difficult. It has a cut out point so that after loosing 5 lives you have to wait for a while for a life to replenish, at the beginning I thought this was a silly idea, but now actually think it is a great idea, as it makes you go do something else!

It works well on computer, but also on the Kindle and phone through there is a slightly different set up on the phone. This is a game that once you try you will be returning to!

Alarm Clock Xtreme Free
Alarm Clock Xtreme Free

3.0 out of 5 stars You won't be alarmed, 26 Aug 2014
This review is from: Alarm Clock Xtreme Free (App)
It is useful to be able to have an alarm clock on your kindle, but unfortunately it isn't loud enough even if you put the volume on its highest settings, I have only used it a couple of times because of this. As a free app I think that you should give it a try for yourself, you might feel differently.

Papier Mache Manual
Papier Mache Manual

4.0 out of 5 stars Good start, 26 May 2014
This is a good read to get you started on your paper mache journey. Some impressive simple techniques which can get you inspired. I wouldn't call it a manual as it could have had more examples and techniques. You will need to substitute some of the ingredients though essentially you probably have scrap paper laying around. Definitely worth a read!

Unlocking the Heart of the Artist: A Practical Guide to Fulfilling Your Creative Call as an Artist in the Kingdom
by Matt Tommey

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely a Great Read!, 6 Mar 2014
Matt Tommy has produced a book that all artists who are seeking to dive further into their spirituality and creativity should read. I read this book over a weekend having seen a sample on my Kindle and knew that I would have to buy it. It is not a weekend read, but a book that you have to dive into again and again, each time unveiling additional nuggets. There are insights, revelations and ‘ah ha’ moments.

Matt’s style of writing reveals his openness and understanding of the journey of the artist, alongside the highs and the lows that can impact on creativity as they search for their identity and the call of God on their lives.

If you can get together with a group of artists and work through the chapters which have questions and prompts after each section, it would be a great way to support each other through the revelations that will indeed come and Matt recommends it. It is like a guide book that helps you to really question your journey and the impact that your creativity will no doubt have on your community.

There are many resources listed for information and a mention of an annual conference that is worth checking out. If you have read books like the Artist Way by Julia Cameron you know you are in for a treat with the ‘tools for the journey’ that Matt recommends, such as a journal for capturing your thoughts, taking an artist date/creative time and spending time soaking up the word of God. We are encouraged to dive deeper as we uncover our true purpose as artists. It is a book that I think every artist should read, recommend that you get yourself a copy today!

Live Ten: Jump-Start the Best Version of Your Life
Live Ten: Jump-Start the Best Version of Your Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Live Ten and Jump-Start the best version of your life! - Good Read, 11 Dec 2013
John 10:10 "I have come that you may have life and have it to the full." Are you living a life that is full? Does life present itself as an opportunity for joy and success? This is one of the many questions that are asked in Live Ten: Jump-Start the Best Version of Your Life

You are challenged as a reader to look beyond the life you are currently leading and question whether you could be getting more out of your life, and live to your full potential while also impacting on the wider community that you live in. He shares with us that there is much more available to us, that God wants us to live, but we have to take action rather than be passive and basically move out of our own way so that we can live our best lives. The book is split up into 7 parts and 30 chapters, not to let that put you off, the chapters are short, and at the end of every chapter a series of reflective questions for you to consider.

The parts are broken down as follows and this is what I took away from the book:

* Awaken - a look at how you live your life, deciding what you truly want and what it is exactly that inspires and motivates you.
* Discover - what does God see and how we can bring our views in line with God.
* Imagine - having the audacity to make changes, where it can take you and how far it can enable you to go if you stepped out of your comfort zone and became bolder.
* Grow - the act of continuing to do the right thing, getting to know yourself and lining up with how God sees you. We are encouraged to bridge the divide between how we see ourselves and how God truly sees us.
* Act - Rather than waiting for things to happen, why not get up and do something about it. You could be the miracle in someone else's life - what are you going to do about it?
* Lead - We are all called to be leaders in varying degrees. How you are particularly called to be a leader is a question for you to reflect on.
Go - When all is said and done, we are called to action, but we have to remember that there will always be challenges along the way, sometimes they can be extremely hard to deal with but if you keep going and take courage you will see the fruits of your endeavors.

I felt that it was a very thought provoking book, and one that is not just a one-time read, but there are many ideas that are worth pursuing as you dig deeper. It is worth spending time answering the reflection questions after each part and you will gain a deeper understanding of how you can make changes and live a life that is way beyond what you are living now. I really enjoyed reading this book and would definitely recommend it. It could also be used in a group setting and with the lay out fits the 30 day or longer if needed format.

Terry A Smith is Lead Pastor of the Life Christian Church in New York City. He is co-founder of the New York City Leadership Center and speaks in a variety of venues nationally and internationally. Terry is married with 3 children.

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255

Ask, Listen, and Repeat
Ask, Listen, and Repeat

5.0 out of 5 stars Ask, Listen & Repeat, 25 Oct 2013
I picked up this book by chance after browsing the kindle store and I must say that it was well worth the price and taking the time to read. There are so many principles that are useful in any business, and not only network marketing. The principle that relationships are at the heart of any interaction would seem to be something you feel that you might do as a matter of course. But as you read through the book and apply in your own work or organisation you understand how way off the mark you might have been.

The book is split up into 3 main parts which are 1: Bricks and Foundation, 2: The Relationship Gateway and 3: Ask, Listen and Repeat, and each main part is split up into further sections. This allows you to go at a steady pace and practice some of the techniques that come up in the book.
Ask, Listen & Repeat has been written in novel format, and Clay has a great style of writing which makes you feel that you are part of the journey. You feel the sense of achievement as you make your way through the book and you feel the successes of the books characters and want to practice the principles and processes for yourself.

This is a book that I really enjoyed reading and is a resource that you will more than likely go to more than once.

Altar Ego: Becoming Who God Says You Are
Altar Ego: Becoming Who God Says You Are

5.0 out of 5 stars Altar Ego - A great read!, 9 Oct 2013
Altar Ego by Craig Groeschel is one of those books that you can read repeatedly. I found his style to be very familiar, as if you were talking to a close friend, he is open and honest in telling you his story, not only revealing his vulnerabilities, but within this you gain insight into his strengths. This is one of those books that you consistently find nuggets of new revelation as you read, we share some of his embarrassing moments and most of all we share his triumphs that made him who he is today.

At the start of the book Craig reminds us that we are not yet who we are called to be, and can all at times find value in the wrong places, putting on labels that do not capture who we truly are but those that are thrown at us by others. In his own life he allowed himself to go through a series of events to discover what God had placed within the core of who he truly was.

The book is split up into three main parts - these are `Sacrificing your false self for your sacred identity', `Sacrificing cultural relativity for Eternal values' and `Sacrificing self justification for passionate obedience' these are then further broken down into chapters encouraging you to step outside of the labels and live with integrity and truth. In each chapter Craig invites us to dive deeper into our true calling.

Who has God called you to be?

It is a question at some point in your life you will find yourself asking and to have a clear understanding you have to lay down every negative behavior, comment and mindset and make a commitment to change, essentially you have to be consistent with the time you spend with God.

It was my first time reading one of his books and he has authored many others which I am assuming are equally thought provoking and gem filled. The only thing I was disappointed about was when the book came to an end! Grieg really has an engaging style that leaves you feeling encouraged and blessed. If you are looking for a deeper understanding of what God is doing in your life and has called you to be then you will want to read this book, if you are ready for a change or you are in the idle you will want to read this book. If you don't know what the fuss is all about and would just like to read a good book, then you've guessed it! You will want to read this book.

About the Author

Craig Groeschel is the founding and senior pastor of LifeChurchtv, he is the author of several books including Soul Detox, Weird, the Christian Atheist and It. He lives in Edmond, Oklahoma with his wife, Amy, and their six children.

Just Like Jesus: A Heart Like His (The Bestseller Collection Book 2)
Just Like Jesus: A Heart Like His (The Bestseller Collection Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and encouraging read, 20 May 2013
Max Lucado is the author of a number of inspiration, gift and children's book. In `Just Like Jesus', Max takes us on a journey to restore our hearts and to understand how we can change aspects of our lives to be `Just like Jesus'. In each chapter we look at different ways in which this can be done and for us to ultimately model our lives on him, settling for nothing less. We seen in each chapter examples of the way that God loves us - just the way we are, but that he refuses to leave us the way that he often finds us - in despair, broken, lost, searching.

Max has a very clear and engaging style of writing as if he is having a conversation with you. I didn't want to put the book down and throughout felt inspired to stretch myself, he encourages you to be and do more with the life you are living.

Just like Jesus is not one of those `single read' books, but it's that kind of book filled with so many interesting nuggets you will undoubtedly find yourself going back to again and again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3