Profile for E. P. Fawdry > Reviews

Content by E. P. Fawdry

E. P. Fawdry "YoungEil" (West London)

Page: 1 | 2
H is for Hawk
H is for Hawk

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful read, 13 Feb. 2015
This review is from: H is for Hawk (Kindle Edition)
If I were able I would award this more than five stars. It is one of the most beautiful books I have ever read. Sadly on my kindle so I can't pass it on to friends, but I will buy them copies because I desperately want to share this book with others.

Secret Asset: (Liz Carlyle 2)
Secret Asset: (Liz Carlyle 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars intriguing, 31 Dec. 2014
I really enjoyed the whole book. Thought the characters were believable and well written. Although I guessed who the traitor was, there was always the intrigue about how they would catch him. Good story, well written and convincing.

Longbourn
Longbourn

5.0 out of 5 stars Good summer read, 24 July 2014
This review is from: Longbourn (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed Longbourn, very clever how it combines the Pride and Prejudice story with the 'below stairs' story.

Jesus: A Pilgrimage
Jesus: A Pilgrimage

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories, 22 Jun. 2014
This wonderful book brought back memories of our pilgrimage to the Holy Land. It was just like reliving our experiences, from renewing our baptismal vows in the Jordan and our marriage vows at Cana to imagining Jesus walking on the water or calming the seas at Galilee. Terrific book.

H.M. Armed Forces Talking Figure RAF Police Dog Handler With RAF Police Dog
H.M. Armed Forces Talking Figure RAF Police Dog Handler With RAF Police Dog
Offered by Mytoyfactory

5.0 out of 5 stars Birthday present, 2 July 2013
My grandson loved this figure. He is a real Action Man and with a dog as well - what could be better.

Pope Francis: From the End of the Earth to Rome
Pope Francis: From the End of the Earth to Rome

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 2 July 2013
Well written, factual account. I found it truly inspiring, it confirmed my belief that Pope Francis is going to make a tremendous difference to the hierarchy of the Church.

The Girl Who Fell From The Sky
The Girl Who Fell From The Sky

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 2 July 2013
I thought the topic of the story would prove more adventurous than it actually did. WWII novels are usually more thrilling, so I was a little disappointed with this story.

Ratzinger was afraid (Adagio)
Ratzinger was afraid (Adagio)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 2 Jun. 2013
I really couldn't put this book down. If it is accurate it shows the Church in a dubious light. Incredible.

The Bell Jar (FF Classics)
The Bell Jar (FF Classics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Depressing, 3 May 2013
Well written, easy to read but really depressing subject. Sylvia Plath was obviously a flawed character which explains the topic.

Andrew James 12 LTR Red Premium Halogen Oven Cooker + Easily Replaceable Spare Bulb + 2 YEAR WARRANTY + 128 page Recipe Book - Complete with Extender Ring (Up to 17 Litres) Lid Holder, Baking Tray, Steamer Tray, Skewers, Low and High Racks

3.0 out of 5 stars Still deciding, 17 Feb. 2012
A friend recommended using a Halogen Oven. This one seems a sensible size and looks good. First cake was cooked on the outside and soggy in the middle, but roast beef was good although had to cook it longer than recommended. Next came the cupcakes - almost singed on top but tasted good. Obviously need to get to grip with timings and temperatures although I have been following the recipe book. But I shall persevere. So the jury is out at the moment on the rating.

Page: 1 | 2