Profile for Toomanybooks > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Keep Safe For Me
Keep Safe For Me

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep Safe For Me., 8 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Keep Safe For Me (Kindle Edition)
A good read with like able characters but I couldn't help feeling that the ending was rushed ! I would've liked to know what happened to Joan's husband and seen Lily married etc. Still enjoyable though!

In Perfect Time (Wings of the Nightingale Book #3): A Novel
In Perfect Time (Wings of the Nightingale Book #3): A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Save the best for last !, 28 Aug. 2014
Once again Sarah Sundin delivers a well written, well researched novel with characters that one can't help but love ! In this final book of the Nightingale series, we see Kay and Roger Cooper getting their act together along with the thread of all the main characters from the previous books running through it and drawing to a wonderful ending ! One doesn't need to be practising Christian to appreciate Sarah's books because the human emotions and sensitive issues that she deals with are ones that present themselves to many of us at some time in our lives ! Go for it , because if you love the WW2 era and a good love story, you'll enjoy this !

A Matter of Sin (The Ladies Book of Pleasures 1)
A Matter of Sin (The Ladies Book of Pleasures 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 11 Aug. 2014
Well written with virtually no Americanisms , always a bonus in my opinion ! Lovely characters and description. Just the right amount of sex and a really feel good story to boot ! What's not to like ?!

Lady of Pleasure (School of Gallantry Book 3)
Lady of Pleasure (School of Gallantry Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Full of editing errors!, 5 July 2014
This is a really nice story but unfortunately there are far too many Americanisms in the conversation passages and the biggest gaff of all is the following: Tha last time I had a good look at my family, I am sure that the children of my aunt were my cousins NOT my nephews and nieces. That privilege belongs to the children of my sister! The author refers to the children of the hero's aunt as his nephews and nieces all throughout the book and it really gets on my nerves! I would've thought an editor would pick this up ! Hence, the three stars !

Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel
Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but that's it !, 30 May 2014
I'm a late reader of Bared to You as I was of Fifty Shades, which one can't help but compare it to! Eva is not an inexperienced virgin, she knows what it's all about but I didn't find myself liking her as much as I did Ana. In some ways, she's a rough broad ! As for Gideon ( what a stupid name!), he just doesn't do it for me like Christian did, probably because he doesn't show the same patience and forbearance. We know he's damaged, but don't exactly know why , which, if you were intending on just reading one book in the trilogy, would leave the reader frustrated through guessing !

Nicholas
Nicholas

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs editing!, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Nicholas (Kindle Edition)
Dear me! The Americanisms in this are driving me mad. Sheriff instead of magistrate or constable, she "wrote me" instead of "wrote to me " ,fall instead of autumn, the list is endless ! There are some real editing gaffes where grammar is concerned as well! Not one of your best Ms Holt !

The Major's Wife (Mills & Boon Historical)
The Major's Wife (Mills & Boon Historical)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Majors Wife, 28 Mar. 2014
This is one of the best Mills and Boon books I've read in a long time . It's not all about the romance but there's lots of cultural and historical detail in there as well. Although , that said, I would've liked more regarding the Comanche and life in the fort. I'm English with a fascination for the Wild West !!! Lovely characters , lots of passion and I found myself saying "just tell him" all the way through because I really wanted things to work for them !!

No Ordinary Love Story: Sequel to The Diary of a Submissive
No Ordinary Love Story: Sequel to The Diary of a Submissive

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok , but that's all!, 20 Mar. 2014
This book is fine if you're into this stuff and I read it to broaden my mind on BDSM! However, the practice of it is definitely not for me and so I found myself regularly cringing whilst reading it ! Each to their own, but I have to wonder at what makes some folks tick !!! ???

The Diary of a Submissive: A True Story
The Diary of a Submissive: A True Story

2.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing!, 12 Mar. 2014
I fully admit that I know almost nothing about the psychological workings of a submissive or the BDSM lifestyle , other than enough to realise that it's not for me ! I would've taken Charlotte 's lipstick and scribbled a childlike drawing all over her face and as for James, he'd be wearing his chopsticks and wooden spoon where the sun doesn't shine !!!!! Ms Morgan states that she isn't a pervert at the very beginning of the book and fully admits that she doesn't understand why she enjoys being forced to endure pain during sex , but I must say, if she can't get her head around it, then I certainly can't!! The book is well edited but found me wincing and cringing regularly. However, each to their own!! I'll stick with gorgeous "vanilla"sex thanks!!

The Billionaire's Game ~ Kade (The Billionaire's Obsession, Book 4)
The Billionaire's Game ~ Kade (The Billionaire's Obsession, Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars All worth a read!, 27 Feb. 2014
Start from the beginning with Simon's story and then move on to the next one until you've read all four! They're good stories about good men. Some areas are a little samey, but still entertaining. Some reviewers liken them to Fifty Shades, but I honestly don't see that,apart from the great sex !! I'm hoping that there will eventually be a story about Travis and Ms Caldwell to tie up the loose ends??!! Please Ms Scott???

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4