Profile for m > Reviews

Raspberry Pi User Guide
Raspberry Pi User Guide
by Eben Upton

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 10 Jan. 2013
This book assumes that you know almost nothing and explains the Raspberry Pi and related topics very clearly and logically. It is the easiest to understand technical book I have ever read and left most all my questions answered. Not being a Linux user I had quite a bit of start-up knowledge to gather but this book has gotten me started. Well done.

PCSL / Adafruit Midnight Blue - Case / Box / Enclosure for Raspberry Pi Computers - Manufactured in the UK with permission by Adafruit Industries - Licensed Product - FREE Amazon UK Delivery
Offered by PC Supplies Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice case but be aware, 10 Jan. 2013
I don't normally review stuff like this but this is such a nice little case I thought I'd let others know. On the positive side, it is an extremely good fit for the Pi Raspberry. Once ensconced in the case, you can shake the case and the Raspberry stays put. I don't think it moves more than 1/16 inch in any direction and it feels very secure. The connectors are all easy to get to and it makes handling the Raspberry an easy task.

Now for the not so good. My first case arrived with two broken panels. It is shipped "flat packed" and is only plastic so rough handling by the shipper can break things. Better packaging would help, but my seller sent me a replacement immediately so no harm done. The replacement arrived in good shape, but during the process of assembling it, one of the tiny tabs on one of the side plates broke off. It is a very small plastic piece that is subject to some leverage so it is likely to happen from time to time. Luckily, I had the first one to use for spare parts.

In short.. once this thing is together it is perfect, but it is a little tender so be prepared to deal with broken plastic one way or another.