Profile for Georgios Fragkiadakis > Reviews

Content by Georgios Fragk...

Georgios Fragkiadakis (Athens, Greece)

Cruzer Fit 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ33-016G-B35)
Cruzer Fit 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ33-016G-B35)

4.0 out of 5 stars Small, light, fast. Another SanDisk quality product, 10 Feb. 2012
I wanted an usb flash drive, small enough (in size) to carry in my keychain and big enough (in capacity) to occasionally transfer HD movies from/to my HTPC. I did not want a stick bundled with useless software in annoying virtual CD drives. SanDisk Cruzer Fit 16GB USB Flash Drive did not disappoint me. Ultra small, yet sturdy. No unwanted software/virtual drives. It feels fast (but one has to perform actual measurements to really tell) and I really like the small orange indicator light. Kudos SanDisk!
The product loses on star for lacking some type of key chain lanyard (although there is a small hole to insert one) in the package.

I got mine from MyMemory. It came 2 days earlier than originally estimated!

GMYLE® Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control and Infrared Receiver for Home, Premium and Ultimate Edition
Offered by Clever Gadgets

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty happy with it, 25 Jun. 2011
The packages was delivered (here in Greece) with 2 days delay (if I was to trust the estimated delivered date upon ordering). This is not terrible, though. The remote unit itself looked pretty good. Nice feeling when pressing the keys, nice feeling when holding it. Because I only wanted the IR receiver, I did not use it much. The receiver, is small (good!) and red (I would proffered it black). It lights up red (quite bright) when it receives a command.

I added it (as an Ortek VRC-1100) on my Harmony 600 and I've operating with this since.

I'm solely using it with my XBMC. I cannot tell if the mouse operation is any good, not of any use inside XBMC. As far as XBMC is concerned it takes a little tweaking in keyboard.xml, but then everything works. Beware that in order to have all functions you will have to use keys in awkward places (Like Record TV). I used harmony to reconfigured them elsewhere, but if you have to stick with the original remote, be warned.

The "Internet Explorer" key and INFO can't be trapped.

<t mod="ctrl,shift">Notification(Key, Yellow, 3)</t> <!-- Yellow button -->

Logitech Harmony 600
Logitech Harmony 600
Offered by DOMO EXPRESS

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 25 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Logitech Harmony 600 (Accessory)
I bought this to operate my Pioneer AV Amplifier, my Samsung LCD TV, my XBOX and my HTPC (attached a cheap Ortek VRC-1100 usb IR receiver) running XBMC. The package arrived (in GREECE) from Amazon right at the date it was estimated when I placed my order. Very nice packaging, very happy with delivery!
I could hide away my TV and AV Receiver remotes, after only 10 minutes! Just enter your devices' model numbers, and you're ready to go (unless you're having some very 'exotic' brand)! Of course I wanted EVERY key to match my preferences and I wanted to operate all my devices simultaneously (without changing device, having one setup that would operate volume from AV, picture from TV and controls like play/pause from XBMC). So I took my time and had my Harmony working like I wanted in 4-5 hours.

The whole procedure was very easy (great interface, with drug 'n' drop) and I do not understand people here, bashing the product as "hard to configure" (Again, if I was not the compulsive perfectionist I am, I could have it operational in 10 minutes). You need to be a little tech savvy, though. Otherwise stick to the 'almost out of the box' setup, or your original remotes.