Profile for Andy > Reviews

Content by Andy

Andy "Andy" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
HeroNeo® USB Charger Doctor Mobile Battery Tester Power Detector Voltage Current Meter
Offered by yingxiaoda

5.0 out of 5 stars It really is a very good thing to have in your IT toolbag, 19 Nov. 2015
I often wondered about how fast things were charging - what caused the variability and as I seem to be getting more and more dependant on these adapters wires and plugs in the bedroom, kitchen, lounge and car - when I came across this gadget I thought I'd give it a whirl.

It turned up within a few days of ordering, well within the delivery estimate - in a padded envelope and good shape.

First impressions were that it looks better than in the pictures and built to a pretty good standard - good quality materials and it feels like it should last a while under normal circumstances - it fits snugly in the usb ports that I've tried - pleasantly surprised.

It also works - I haven't been able to test to see exactly how accurate it is but the standard manufacturer issued kit read as expected so happy with that... The only anomaly I've found so far is that a thick USB wire (big so I'd expected better) which I've been using to charge a spare battery from the computer is carrying a lot less in amps than something a lot thinner - I've been able to swap that out and get better results.

In future I'm going to be able to tell with some confidence why things are charging the way they are - which I'm very happy about....

It's something that I didn't know I needed but at this price and now I have one - I wouldn't be without it.

Vitakraft Cat Grass 120 g (Pack of 6)
Vitakraft Cat Grass 120 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to grow and economical(ish), 16 Nov. 2015
It's more expensive than getting a pot and planting your own with some seeds and compost I know, but, I like this for its convenience, speed of growth - and the cats like it.... Very simple to use - just add seeds and water then literally 4 days later the grass is a couple of inches high and ready to eat... The compost is light in weight and colour - doesn't get stuck in the carpet and easy to clean up when the cats manage to yank some grass up by the roots. The grass is thick and succulent.. can't comment on the flavour but the cats seem to go for it - one of them seems quite obsessed at times....
Comment Comment | Permalink

Alpecin Hair Energizer 200 ml Liquid - Pack of 2
Alpecin Hair Energizer 200 ml Liquid - Pack of 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Feels and smells good... A vigorous experience, 9 Nov. 2015
I have very fine mousy hair with quite a dry scalp. I like this product and use it daily; I'm now at the end of my second bottle and have been using it fairly liberally for a couple of months... It has a light musky scent... The hair feels a little thicker and doesn't need any styling product - the alpecin gives the hair enough body to hold itself in place... Theres a great tingling sensation as it sinks in... My scalp appears to have lost its dry flakiness. It's not a miracle cure; I've noticed less hair loss but that be quite a subjective thing with me... My advice would be to give it a go... Certainly if you have fine dry hair.

Descaler Coffee Machine 750ml - universal usage for most brands like Jura Delonghi Tassimo Miele Bosh Siemens Lavazza Andrew James
Offered by Ambideluxe-de

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleaned up and flushed out.., 9 Nov. 2015
I have a delonghi coffee machine which needs descaling about every 2 Months... I ordered this as I already have some of their cleaning tablets which are economical and work well... The folks at ambiclean are also very helpful.... I've used this product once so far... It works as far as I can see and much much cheaper than the delonghi equivalent...

Zanussi Dishwasher Large Basket Wheels Pack Of 8
Zanussi Dishwasher Large Basket Wheels Pack Of 8
Offered by Suds-Online

5.0 out of 5 stars A straight swap, 9 Nov. 2015
A straight swap out - absolutely great.... if you have an inkling that your wheels are on the way out - change them immediately ! I hadn't noticed how much I was having to drag the drawer which now glides effortlessly again - wish I hadn't put it off 2 mins to change.

Motorola Moto 360 Mens Large Smartwatch and Heart Rate/Activity Tracker with Bluetooth Connectivity Compatible with iPhones and Android Smartphones - Cognac Leather
Offered by Big Box Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars No Going Back Now, 9 Nov. 2015
This is my first smartwatch and where to start?
There's the watch itself and then why on earth I'd want one? I certainly don't need one - it does the same thing as the phone... only in a form which is too small and fiddly to be useful, shockingly cumbersome, geeky and bleeding edge buggy with no battery life.... this is what I thought last year; I also thought they wouldn't take off....
My opinion changed when I saw the latest batch from the likes of LG and Moto; at which point I wondered - which one to have and set about justifying why my life would be pretty pointless without one.
So, the watch itself; I like the functional design, plain and conservative. It is on the large side but only fractionally bigger in diameter than the automatic watch it's replaced; it doesn’t feel chunky and it’s actually quite light.... size was a concern and I considered the mens 42mm variant but happy I went for 46mm.
The body is decent quality in stainless steel and the leather for the strap is thick and soft with easy change lugs - if I ever fancied changing it for a different colour or medium. The button press is very positive with a nice solid click and I like the position on the side which is ergonomically more natural than a centred button – it also doesn’t dig in with the wrist bent back. I’m assuming the back of the watch is glass – it’s just plain with just the heat rate sensor – no metal lugs here as it has the neatest wireless charging dock included in the box….. The dock is truly inspired – turning the watch into a bedside clock (mine is purple!).
The display I find to be crisp and clear with no lag and the voice control works well (or as well as it ever does) for me.
The technical gubbins seem to be on a par with most others out there and the performance is fine with no discernible stuttering; a minimal wait for some apps to load. The Moto has a slightly larger battery than a lot of the competition – it’s surviving a day with me testing out different apps and watchfaces etc – happily a day and a half to 2 days in “normal” use…. All the tech specs are available on the Motorola website of course.
If there’s anything I’ve missed here – and there’s bound to be…. Please leave a comment and let me know – I’d be happy to help if I can.

Onto my justification for giving in and buying one…..
It is quite handy to just get notifications without having keep the phone with you all the time – I like being able to see messages without having to pick up the phone – I also like getting email which I can just delete there and then – unsubscribe to – click on and see the special offer – make a note and deal with later – just get a confirmation without looking – being able to turn down the sound on the Bluetooth speaker or advance to the next trach or select a different playlist – its just there with the Amazon music app – planning to get the phillips wireless lighting which has a compatible app (will let you know!) – pause the audible book - set alarms and know I’m going to be there when they go off – I haven’t yet looked into IFTTT in any detail or autowear or autovoice which I’m building up to… not to mention the wireless doorbell which I will be able to answer from my watch while I’m in the garden…. My point here – in a roundabout way is that the watch has potential to be great fun (depending on your idea of it) indeed - there are many nice to haves – nothing essential… and my advice is that if you have a spare £300 quid then spend it quickly on this… there will be many other things you can find to do with it which will make your life that bit easier and happier.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2015 9:35 PM GMT

Amazon.co.uk Gift Box - £30 (Cupcake)
Amazon.co.uk Gift Box - £30 (Cupcake)

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't usually get excited about gift vouchers but...., 6 Nov. 2015
This is an absolutely fabulous mechanism to give someone some cash (my daughter in this case) - as well as something decent to open - not just a card with some money or a token in it. She's still at that age where the tin seems to mean more than what she can buy with the money (she's 12 now and keep expecting her to grow out of it - but showing no signs so far).

It's a great little tin - I have no idea what she's going to keep in it.... I'm assuming the gift card works

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars They work well for me, 4 Nov. 2015
The lights work - give off a decent amount of light and soak up a small amount of power compared to a standard bulb (which my electrician buddy describes as "heaters which also give out light"). I haven't experienced any heat issues either - though I notice that one review for the bulbs refers to 6000k - whereas these have a 3000k box ticked.

The down side is the size of them which is apparent from the photo and the description.... not an issue for me as the light fitting is rudimentary and in the garage where aesthetics are happily not an issue.... It seems to me to be a similar trade off to the one we had when the first electricity saving bulbs came out to replace the tungsten bulbs - I still have one of those weird things sticking out of an old desk lamp (also in the garage!).... but the benefits greatly outweigh the drawbacks....

The bulbs have been in place now for a few days - I will update if they start developing problems.

This product was provided at a discount in return for an unbiased and honest review.

Kinesiology Tape - Pain Relief Adhesive - Best Therapeutic Muscle Support Aid -FREE 82pg EBOOK Taping Guide- Sports Wrap for Plantar Fasciitis Shin Splints Knee Elbow Wrist Back Shoulder Ankle & Neck
Offered by Physix Gear

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - very comfortable, supportive and convenient., 3 Nov. 2015
I'm currently waiting for a shoulder operation which has been causing pain in the ligament; there is mild pain in raising the arm forwards and sideways without holding weight - with weight - something as everyday as a full kettle... is a real bother. It's not possible to avoid using the arm and during the day the niggling pain gets extremely tedious.

This tape acts as a rubber exoskeleton and takes the strain away by providing support when undertaking activity - in this case it relieves the discomfort to a large degree and I can see how I will also be able to use it in recovery. In addition, it takes the pressure off when just sitting - lessening the dull ache that I had and improving posture which was all over the place while I was trying to make the pain more comfortable.

The tape is very easy to apply and a good tip is to rub vigorously when in place to improve the bond - you can feel the tape heating up and sticking... rounding the ends of the tape helps stop it catching on clothes and rolling up - something it did the first time I tried it....

So having got all gummed up - I virtually forgot I was wearing the tape... as it distributes the pressure evenly, there's no pulling... or any sort of discomfort due to the tape - though I don't have hairy shoulders which might have been an issue. It got rather tired after 3 days so I changed it and as you can imagine - there was some pulling then... but no problem to speak of - some gum residue but not much. I avoided getting it wet not necessarily because of adhesion - more because it's porous fabric and didn't want to bother about drying it out.

I will definitely continue using the tape to protect the shoulder during recovery from the operation.

All in all - if you're considering this kinesiology approach then I suggest you give this a try - it also comes with some handy exercise bands which I undoubtedly will use... very convenient and stress relieving while reading e-mail!

The product was provided at a discount in return for an open and honest review.

Car Charger, HAWEEL® 5V 2.1A Micro USB Car Charger with Spring Cable for Samsung Galaxy S6 / Note II / S4 / S3, Length: 25cm-120cm(Black)
Offered by Haweel

4.0 out of 5 stars Great - It works well., 31 Oct. 2015
A good quality item with sprung connections (a charger I bought from a garage a while ago wasn't sprung which was a problem). Decent robust plastic and the coiled cable is good quality though a little short and tight - should be OK after some stretching... I hope.

It fits snugly in the car adapter - didn't need jamming in but secure enough not to be pinging out and a re assuring red LED comes on to let you know it's connected. The micro USB connection fits well in the phone; long enough and tight enough for the socket - and it charges quite happily... I don't have a gadget to measure speed of charge but the spec says 2.1A and I should think that's about right - it works well.

It also has short circuit/over current/over charge/over discharge protection - which I haven't tested but have no reason to believe won't be present in the unit.

Overall happy with the product which is well packaged and arrived promptly.

This item was provided for a small charge in return for an unbiased and honest review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20