Profile for Reader > Reviews

Content by Reader

Reader (The south)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Until July: ( Until Her )
Until July: ( Until Her )

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR ME, 16 April 2015
I'm not sure where to start or what to say about this story, I've read the earlier 'Until' books, my favourite was Until November, this story features July who is Asher and November's eldest daughter. This has to be my least favourite book by this author.
I found the pacing and flow of this was way off. The continuity errors were glaringly obvious, at the begining July cannot park her car in her garage because it's so small she would have to climb out of the trunk, yet later in the story Wes is able to park his truck and walk round to the passenger side. On a night out with her sisters, she arrives at her parents home to pick then up, and June's outfit changes completely from one page to the next, as does her hair which goes from long to short! Surely her beta readers should have picked up on that. The mystery parts of the story were sort of left unresolved. There were so many characters which was confusing as well. As to the the two main characters Wes was a Kristen Ashley knock off. He was was supposed to be in an MC but there was no distinction as to what Wes's position was, nor anybody else's. As for July she spent a lot of this sleeping or whimpering which was annoying.

Finding Fisher
Finding Fisher

4.0 out of 5 stars LOVED THE HERO, 15 April 2015
This review is from: Finding Fisher (Kindle Edition)
Chloe's fiancé Franklin has returned home to visit his family, she's anxiously awaiting his return. When there's no word from him she calls his mobile phone, a woman answers who claims to be his mother, but she has no idea who Chloe is. But the really bad news is that Franklin has died as a result of a car crash. Chloe immediately packs a bag to go to Franklins family. What she discovers is a massive shock. It seems that nothing Franklin had ever told her was the truth, she even finds that Franklin has a twin brother Fisher.
I was originally going to give this story three stars mostly due to the fact I didn't like Chloe very much. She was a spoilt brat, who was a bit like Mary Poppins practically perfect in every way. At least that's how everyone viewed her. But it was Fisher that gained that extra star, he was adorable.

The Mad Tatter
The Mad Tatter

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB, 14 April 2015
This review is from: The Mad Tatter (Kindle Edition)
This is an extremely well written story with characters that are so easy to connect with. The whole book is in Reece's POV, at first I wasn't sure that was going to work. Hell at first I thought I wasn't even going to like this, it seemed slow to get going. But once I got into it I couldn't put it down. Reece is a lost character, he's made mistakes that he's still paying for, but he's trying to get his life on track, he was lucky that Kevin who owns Wonderland a tattoo parlour was willing to give him a job. The only good thing in his life is his 5 year old daughter Lexie. He's has lots of sex with random women, that is till he meets Avery, she's a ballet dancer at Julliard. At first look you wouldn't put these two together but Avery is his saviour, even if it takes him a while to realise it.

I loved this story kudos to the author, there's something about it that just grabs you.

Interference
Interference

3.0 out of 5 stars HE'S SWEET SHE'S A NERD, 14 April 2015
This review is from: Interference (Kindle Edition)
Sedona is nineteen years old and a college senior, she's a very clever girl, she's also a bit nerdy having been raised by her mother in a collective. She shares an apartment with her best friend Lewis. When Sedona has an accident injuring herself she loses her job at the college library. Then Lewis jokingly suggests she should ask to tutor an athlete. Sedona needs money to pay her way so that's exactly what she does. Jesse is a big star on the basketball team and is the guy she's assigned to help. What Sedona doesn't realise is that Jesse has a secret, and it's a biggie!
While I liked this story it's a little sweeter on the romance side of things than I usually read. The reason for my three stars is that it's underdeveloped, the relationship, the plot the whole story feels rushed. Once Jesse's secret comes to light it's dealt with in a very superficial way. There were other issues in this that were glossed over as well. As to the characters they were easy to relate to even though it had that insta love going on, well at least on Jesse's part. Sedona was a little bit wishy washy, she never quite seemed to fully commit IMO. Jesse was a sweet guy, he's a little more vulnerable than the alpha leading men that I'm used to reading about, but I did like him. This was a enjoyable read I just wished it had been fleshed out more.

The Billionaire's Bridal Bargain (Mills & Boon Modern) (Bound By Gold, Book 1)
The Billionaire's Bridal Bargain (Mills & Boon Modern) (Bound By Gold, Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars LACKLUSTRE, 13 April 2015
Every now and then I decide to try one of these stories. Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised, then at other times it turns out to be a lemon. This falls into the latter category.
Ceasare is an international playboy and billionaire and cynical through and through. His family had once owned an island, but through a set of circumstances it was no longer theirs. Cesare's father wanted Cesare to regain ownership of the island so that his mother, Cesrare's grandmother could once again have access to visit or even return to live there. The island is now jointly owned by two sisters.

Lizzie and her sister live with their father who is now suffering from a debilitating illness. While Lizzie remains on the island to work the family farm, her sister has managed to escape to university.

This story was pretty lacklustre IMO, according to the opening chapter, the island could only be accessed if you married one of the sisters, and it could be bought once the marriage produced children. So how was it possible that Cesare was able to just turn up at Lizzie's door? All he had to do was take his granny with him and bingo problem solved! Lizzie then proceeds to ask him if he is lost and needs directions, directions to where if her family are the sole inhabitants! As to the relationship between Lizzie and Cesare that was luke warm at best. Then for Cesare to call Lizzie a gold digger, was confusing. After all he was the one who wanted something from her, she hadn't approached him. I think this author needs to bring her stories up to date it's not 1900.

Resisting the Bad Boy: Sullivan Brothers Nice Girl Serial Trilogy, Book #1 (CAN'T RESIST)

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR ME, 9 April 2015
First read for me by this author, I won't be repeating the experience. I just couldn't get along with the writing style. It's trying to be too cute, and ends up feeling forced. The dialogue is flat and wooden, the characters are cardboard cutouts and have zero depth.

Silver Bastard (Silver Valley Book 1)
Silver Bastard (Silver Valley Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT MY FAVOURITE FROM THIS AUTHOR, 8 April 2015
Puck Redhouse a prospect with the Silver Bastards MC has just been released from Prison, he'd served his time and had protected his club. Upon his release he becomes a fully patched in member. So it's party time, this is where he spots Becca Jones, she's told by her stepfather to show Puck a good time. Even though he's had a good bit to drink Puck feels there's something off about Becca, something doesn't feel right. But it's the next morning when the full horror of the situation is revealed.

That was five years ago, Puck has watched over Becca ever since, things are strained between the two, Becca seems afraid of Puck. Then a few things happen and they're drawn together more. Becca has moved on, but her past keeps coming back to haunt her in the form of her no good mother and stepfather. Puck wants to help, but he's a biker and a scary one, the more she retreats the more he pushes.

While I liked this story, I didn't love it. My main problem was Becca, boy was this girl an idiot or what. She should have stupid tattooed on her forehead. I was beginning to think she had a personality disorder. We're given her POV as well as Puck's. Inside her head was a very annoying place to be. I want him, I don't want him, on and on it went. Their relationship remained stagnant because of her, so there was no growth in that area, there was very little chemistry. In the other MC books by this author the focal point for me has always been the relationship between the two lead characters. That was missing here mainly because of Becca she blew hot and cold about Puck for almost the whole book. The prologue was powerful. It did have a lasting affect on the rest of the tale and that wasn't good. I quite liked Puck he was a take him as you find him kind of man, a hard bitten rough biker. He did let himself down when he told Becca he'd had sex with a load of women trying to replace her, just what a girl wants to hear! There are lots of new characters, so I am sure there will be more books to follow.
I've just noticed that only those who buy the paperback format get the bonus novella included, why?

Ivan's Captive Submissive (Submissive's Wish Book 1)
Ivan's Captive Submissive (Submissive's Wish Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT AS GOOD AS I HAD HOPED, 7 April 2015
Gia signs up for the submissive's wish charity, the submissive chooses a charity, then the Dom or Dominatrix that bids for them gets to keep them for a week. The money that was bid goes to the subs charity.

I really hate to say this but I found this book a bit boring, the plot got lost amongst all the sex. I didn't dislike Gia or Ivan, but they didn't work well together for me. Gia was extremely immature, while Ivan was rather stereotypical of a Russian bad boy. Considering most of the book's content, the ending was too sappy IMO. This might have worked better as a novella as it felt overlong. It was a shame as I have previously read The Fighter's Secretary by this author which was top notch, and I expected this to be as good, unfortunately I was disappointed.

Ravish Her Completely
Ravish Her Completely

4.0 out of 5 stars CAPTURED BY A VIKING, 7 April 2015
Agata is in Norway on business, she's of Scandinavian descent herself. So when her business is completed she goes sightseeing. At a village fair she's given a herb drink by an old woman. When Agata wakes she finds herself in a strange place and she's been captured by a viking named Stian. Neither speak the others language, so communicating is impossible. But Agata understands one thing Stian desires her.

I found this story more romantic than I had expected. I liked both characters, they were well matched even though they're from different worlds. The sex is well written as usual. A very enjoyable short story.

Cyclax Apricot Facial Scrub 300ml
Cyclax Apricot Facial Scrub 300ml

4.0 out of 5 stars WORKS WELL, 2 April 2015
After my usual brand changed their formula I decided to try another make. I saw this and the price is so cheap I thought that even if it turns out not to be to my liking I haven't got anything to lose. This particular brand is an old and well established one. The consistancy is looser than I'm used to but I found it worked just as well. It left my skin clean, but it didn't dry it out. And at this price for such a large tub you can't go wrong.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20