Profile for Reader > Reviews

Content by Reader

Reader (The south)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bedding the Babysitter (Romance on the Go)
Bedding the Babysitter (Romance on the Go)

3.0 out of 5 stars CUTE, 31 May 2016
Elise has been babysitting Jon's twins since she was 16, she's always been attracted to him. John always knew she had a crush on him. Now she's 21 and he makes his move on her.
A short fun and sexy read, just wish it had been longer.

Hostage (Predators MC Book 3)
Hostage (Predators MC Book 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTED, 24 May 2016
I've been longing to get my hands on Penni and Jackal's story, so I can't believe I'm going to say that overall I was disappointed. I don't want to give spoilers which will be difficult. The book starts off really well and I loved how the author came up with a good reason to have Jackal and Penni in close quarters again. The first third of the story was fast paced with some funny moments.

The minute it moved on to Treepoint and the Last Riders clubhouse it started to go downhill for me. I just found it hard to believe the turn the story took, in fact it was juvenile IMO. Then there was that business with Raci, they voted Bliss out for less, and I didn't like one bit Jackal's part in that. WTF is all I have to say about that.

Once it moved on to Queen City there was more drama. The end was rushed as well. Penni and Jackal were not how I remembered them in previous books. Penni was what I can only describe as a loose cannon with her behaviour, she was occasionally violent, though a couple of times with good reason especially where Jackal was concerned. Jackal was less alpha than expected. We do get both leads POV. I really found it difficult to connect with the two leads and parts of the story.

Leighton Denny High Performance All In One Treatment Collection with White Vanity Bag
Offered by Sales Direct Online

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, 13 May 2016
If you love Leighton Denny this set is a must have, and what a fabulous bargain. The polish remover which is travel size, but everything else is full size. Usually these items retail for around £11 each, this set is great value, and such a neat bag that comes with these products.

Kidnapping His Bride (The Renaldis Book 2)
Kidnapping His Bride (The Renaldis Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars QUICK READ, 1 May 2016
Rafael and Cat have been engaged since childhood, they are both from traditional Italian families, he's always assumed that one day the marriage would take place. The trouble is that they've never spent any time together and Cat wants to live a little before she settles down, she's always been attracted to him but she doesn't know him. When he approaches her and wants to set a date for the marriage Cat is annoyed at his arrogance and decides to refuse to marry him not just now but ever. She uses his reputation as a womaniser against him, by asking if during all the years they've been engaged has he been faithful, of course he hasn't and Cat triumphantly walks away. But he's determined to have her and kidnaps her.

I've enjoyed this author's books in the past this one was only okay for me. The premise of the story an arranged marriage seemed out of place in set in a modern day story and is something I would expect more in a period romance. Rafael is charming suave and handsome, while Cat has not experienced life much and wants to spread her wings. The drama in this is supplied by Cat's crazy sister. A quick and easy read.

Never Sweeter: A Dark Obsession Novel
Never Sweeter: A Dark Obsession Novel

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT QUITE AS GOOD AS I HAD HOPED, 19 April 2016
Letty was badly bullied in high school, but the past two years away from all that at college have helped her heal. Till her nemesis Tate suddenly turns up one day in her class. She's terrified he's going to start with her again and frantic as to what should she do. When the class professor assigns her and Tate to work on a project together she fully intends to request another partner but Tate begs her to give him a chance.

The prologue to this sets out the worst thing that Tate and his friends did, for me it was unforgivable, I couldn't get my head around how quickly Letty is spending time with Tate on the project all alone in his room or hers that didn't seem realistic to me. I've read bullying stories before but what these boys did was really bad. I also thought Tate's excuse was a WTF moment. It was difficult for me to reconcile Tate the bully and Tate the nice guy. The story is a page turner and the author does work hard to redeem Tate, but I could never quite forget that prologue. Two and a half stars for me.

ARC courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley

As Good As New (A Something New Novel)
As Good As New (A Something New Novel)

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD READ, 29 Mar. 2016
Penelope has been in love with Evan her whole life, she's best friends with his sister and spent a lot of time in their home while growing up. Evan was the hottest boy in high school, but Penny knew he'd never look at her. They were friends till it became more, then he broke her heart and left to play pro football. During the next 15 years they were in each other's company numerous times, Evan always had a beautiful woman on his arm. Then Evan has a career ending injury, he's loses himself in drinking and feeling sorry for himself. His family try to get him to pull himself together without success. Penny decides it's time to read him the riot act. It's the first time in all the years that she's been alone with him all those feelings she had buried come back to life and neither of them know how to handle those feelings.

This is a first read for me by this author, plus I've not read any of the previous books in this series, but that didn't affect my enjoyment of this as it was easy to pick up what had gone before. I started out by disliking Evan quite a bit while all my sympathy was with Penny. But by the end Evan had grown on me while Penny became a bit annoying with all her indecisiveness and dithering about. It was easy to assume at the start that now Evan's career in football was over and the supermodels he dated would disappear he was resorting to picking up things with Penny, after all he'd constantly seemed to try and keep her jealous by flaunting all the other women he had in front of her, so yes I wasn't keen on him. But he really proved himself for me. Overall this was well written all the characters were well drawn and the situations throughout were realistic it was easy to connect with the story.
ARC courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley

The Donor
The Donor

4.0 out of 5 stars A FAMILY DRAMA, 10 Mar. 2016
This review is from: The Donor (Kindle Edition)
I've not read anything by this author before, nor do I normally read this type of story but I was interested enough by the synopsis to give it a go.

The story begins when Clare is still a teenager when she meets Ross who's a singer in a band. Clare is totally in love with Ross and eventually brings him home to me her family. Her father who's a doctor and very opinionated where his daughters are concerned takes an instant dislike to Ross whom he views a long haired layabout. Undaunted Clare is besotted with Ross and introduces him to her older sister Izzy who's back home for a break from medical school after a bad breakup with her boyfriend. Once Ross and Izzy meet all bets are off, Izzy is more vibrant sexually experienced and this leaves poor Clare out in the cold. When Clare finds out about her sister and Ross a family feud begins that lasts for over three decades.

This feels so realistic all the drama and jealousy and refusing to talk things out it was so believable. The chapters are from the various characters POV. Clare and Izzy's mother is desperate for her daughters to reconcile, her fathers animosity towards Ross increases as he blames him for the feud between his daughters, but the more successful Ross's band becomes the more entrenched Claire becomes with her hatred towards her sister and Ross. Christmas's, illness, even death cannot deter Clare from her anger and hatred. It's easy to dislike Izzy and Ross, while initially feeling sorry for Clare, but as the story unfolds my opinion changed the longer it went on it was such a waste of their lives.

Given to the Alien (Science Fiction BBW/Alien Romance)
Given to the Alien (Science Fiction BBW/Alien Romance)

2.0 out of 5 stars BORING WITH LITTLE OR NO ROMANCE, 3 Mar. 2016
This book is described as an alien romance, really you could have fooled me, at 60% in there's nothing but military tactics about the war against earths enemy the Etherals. The Braxians have volunteered to aid earth, their leader's price is to be given Olivia a space Marine.

This could be described as slow as in waiting for the romance to begin, it's too bogged down with military details and was not my cup of tea at all. DNF

Hard (The Bear Chronicles of Willow Creek Book 2)
Hard (The Bear Chronicles of Willow Creek Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars BETTER THAN THE FIRST BOOK, 3 Mar. 2016
This is the second book in the Bear Chronicles of Willow Creek and I have to say I enjoyed this one more than the first book. Eli and Liza were likeable characters and I enjoyed reading about their relationship. Liza is Amelia's sister who is mated to Ethan they were featured in book 1. Now that Amelia is settled with Ethan she's keen to have her sister join her, that's when Eli knows on sight that Liza is his fated mate. Liza doesn't know that Eli is a bear shifter like Ethan, prior to meeting Liza, Eli had a deep distrust of humans as they had hunted and killed his mother, but Liza is able to make him see that not all humans are evil. There is insta love which normally isn't my cup of tea, but it's a shifter thing so it works in this. I look forward to the next book in this series.

On The Rocks (The Last Call Series Book 1)
On The Rocks (The Last Call Series Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT MY FAVOURITE FROM THIS AUTHOR, 2 Mar. 2016
Gabby and Hunter were childhood friends they grew up together. Gabby was best friends with Hunter's sister. 5 years ago at Gabby's graduation she was 18 and Hunter was 22 he kissed her but he then pushed her away with a disgusted look. Present day and 5 years on Hunter has returned home giving up his surfing career, his twin Brody has just been released from prison and Hunter wants to be there to support him. This means coming face to face with Gabby who is still angry from that kiss 5 years before.

I struggled with my rating for this it was between a 2 and 3 star, I wasn't very keen on the characters they were rather immature especially Gabby, I found it difficult to believe that she was still festering over 1 kiss 5 years before. Hunter wasn't much better. Combined with the plot where nothing much happens, and the lack of an emotional connection between the two leads except sex this was a bit of a disappointment for me.
During Hunter's time away he had a serious relationship with his best friends sister Sasha, there was even talk of marriage, so he wasn't pining away for Gabby then! When the best friend turns up with Sasha in tow he allows them to stay with him in his house, Gabby who'd held a grudge for years over a kiss said nothing about Hunter's ex staying in his house that was unrealistic IMO. The only character I wanted to know more about was the enigmatic Brody.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20