Profile for Amy > Reviews

Content by Amy

Amy (U.K)

Skinny Bitch in the Kitch: Kick-ass Solutions for Hungry Girls Who Want to Stop Cooking Crap (and Start Looking Hot!)
by Rory Freedman

4.0 out of 5 stars Have Your Vegan Vake and Eat it!, 13 Mar 2008
I love this little book and its small enough to carry around (why do cookbooks have to be so big). An ideal book for a vegan beginner or those of love western style comfort foods (which I do!).
"In the Kitch" shows that you can have your vegan cake and eat it with recipes such as Cheezy Cream of Broccoli Soup, Potato and Pumpkin Curry, Stuffed Shells with Red or White Sauce, Dream Bars, Fresh Fruit Crumble, and Hot Fudge Brownie Sundaes
There are more international recipes too such as Pad Thai and Japanese Soba Noodles with Steamed Vegetables and Tofu. No pictures but some funny ass girl talk between sections which I loved.

Skinny Bitch
Skinny Bitch
by Rory Freedman

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, 30 Aug 2007
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
O.K so this book contains swearing but I'm and adult and I have to say this book had me laughing out loud with its sassy big sister sarcasm. Much of the book simply reinforces the common sense healthy eating messages we all know about...but in a way that is far more fun that usual!...meat and dairy are bad shorten your lifespan, fruit and veggies are good and should be eaten in abundance etc.
It's not all old news though; I did learn things that I genuinely didn't know about before, such as why aspartame should be avoided at all costs.
This book will be a total eye-open to many about food production and food issues. I personally love it.

Cook Yourself Thin: The Delicious Way to Drop a dress Size
Cook Yourself Thin: The Delicious Way to Drop a dress Size
by Harry Eastwood

1.0 out of 5 stars No use to me at all, 30 Aug 2007
I really thought that this was going to be a book in the "Skinny Vegan" vein, especially with more and more people these days avoiding animal products. Alas no, if you're a vegan or even simply trying to cut down on animal products then there is just nothing here for you which is very disappointing.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2009 9:39 PM GMT