Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Content by Kindle Customer

Kindle Customer "nixierox" (Hull, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Decline and Fall (Penguin Modern Classics)
Decline and Fall (Penguin Modern Classics)

3.0 out of 5 stars Decline and fall, 27 Feb 2014
It took me a while to get into this book, so much so that I nearly gave up on it. But I'm glad I persevered because it gets interesting towards the end and is quite funny in some parts.

The Hedge Knight: The Graphic Novel (A Game of Thrones)
The Hedge Knight: The Graphic Novel (A Game of Thrones)

3.0 out of 5 stars HEDGE KNIGHT, 14 Jan 2014
It was Ok, I am not a big fan of graphic novels and only read it because I wanted to know more of Westeros' back story. I would have preferred to be reading the next game of thrones book but this was better than nothing. I found the g. novel a bit fiddly to read on kindle, but never mind. It passed an hour on the train.

The Matrix
The Matrix

4.0 out of 5 stars The Matrix, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Matrix (Kindle Edition)
This is an intriguing piece of gothic fiction. Unlike many gothic works this is actually well written which made for a pleasant surprise. I particularly liked the way the novel uses plot characteristics apparent in Frankenstein and Doctor Faustus and applies them to a more contemporary setting. The author also does something similar with the photos, which reminded me of Oscar Wilde's Dorian Gray. These make the novel familiar and unfamiliar at the same time. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because the ending felt rushed, but this is my only criticism.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (Penguin Modern Classics)
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (Penguin Modern Classics)

5.0 out of 5 stars One Flew Over The Cuckoo Nest, 13 Jan 2014
This is brilliant. If you like Burgess, Orwell, Huxley as well of themes of government control then this will be right up your street.

The Lifeboat
The Lifeboat

5.0 out of 5 stars The Lifeboat, 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Lifeboat (Kindle Edition)
This book was fantastic: insightful, terrifying, tragic and very difficult to put down. This is without doubt one of the best stories about being ship wrecked I have read in a long time, and believe me, I've read a lot.

Red Alert (RosettaBooks into Film)
Red Alert (RosettaBooks into Film)

5.0 out of 5 stars Red Alert, 6 Jan 2014
Enjoyed reading the novel which was the inspirational for Kubricks film,and enjoyed seeing the differences between the film and the book. Also thought the intro had interesting and useful content about the author.

The Hidden
The Hidden

4.0 out of 5 stars The Hidden., 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Hidden (Kindle Edition)
I thought this was a well written book with lots of tension and suspense that makes the novel a real page Turner. I was sad that the ending wasn't a happy one. My only problem is that the novel has a very Western feel to it. I'm not convinced all women would have felt the same way and it would have been interesting to have a more developed female character who disagreed with Hezba's views as this other perspective would have given the reader extra insight into the society Chumas depicts. Sadly any character who does not think like Hezba, with the exception of her father, is 'bad'. But that is my only criticism.

Demon Dentist
Demon Dentist

5.0 out of 5 stars The Demon Dentist, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Demon Dentist (Kindle Edition)
Very original, as I have never heard of a Tooth Witch before! I thought the book was amusing and very touching as the boy and annoying social worker grow to love each other.

Gangsta Granny
Gangsta Granny

4.0 out of 5 stars Gangster granny, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Gangsta Granny (Kindle Edition)
Very entertaining and amusing to read. I wish there had been more books like this to read when I was a kid.

There Is No Dog
There Is No Dog

5.0 out of 5 stars There is no dog, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: There Is No Dog (Kindle Edition)
I thought this book was very clever, entertaining and funny. I would definitely recommend it. It was a genuine pleasure to read this book and it cheered me up immensely

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15