Profile for Servilianus > Reviews

Diamonds On The Water
Diamonds On The Water
Price: 9.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Mature and inspired, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Diamonds On The Water (Audio CD)
This is a different Oysterband. All grown up and comfortable with their own talent. Less angry and more focused. Quite the best set of songs ive heard for a while. Very, very, good and cant wait to see them live.

Master Of War: The Blooding - Part one of an epic adventure set during the Hundred Years' War
Price: 0.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Read, 8 Sep 2013
A fine tale and a good read , will look out for future efforts and will buy them as soon as they are out.

The Thief's Tale (The Ottoman Cycle Book 1)
The Thief's Tale (The Ottoman Cycle Book 1)
Price: 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Change of time and place but not quality, 6 Mar 2013
Not a period I am interested in . Not a place Im interested in . So I was somewhat reluctant to read this,any other author and I would have passed it over . Glad I didnt I think he could write about an argument in a trapist monastry and make it thrilling. I ended caring about the charecter and having learnt a bit about the history of the period. Great fast paced read .

Hes now undisputedly up there with the best. Roll on the next one.

Marching With Caesar-Conquest of Gaul: Conquest of Gaul
Marching With Caesar-Conquest of Gaul: Conquest of Gaul
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Avid reader, 26 April 2012
I Love reading about ancient Rome particularly between 1st centuries BC and AD.
I read loads and have particularly enjoyed James Mace and Simon Scarrow. I started to read Marching with Caesar without any great expectation (Soppy title really)and at first the comparisons with Cornwall's Uhtred stories held me back a bit , third party memoirs had been done very well. But then I got a real sense of authenticity. The pace is great, the action sufficient and the characters burst to life, they are almost real.
R W Peake, I didn't think anyone could find a new aspect on the conquest of Gaul, let alone make me believe that he actually might have fought there himself. Can't wait for episodes two and three.
Unexpected classic. Second best lucky dip ever from the Kindle list for me, after Hawk Road., Brilliant,. Well done sir.

Hawk Quest
Hawk Quest
by Robert Lyndon

5.0 out of 5 stars Just plain Brilliant, 30 Jan 2012
This review is from: Hawk Quest (Hardcover)
Not a period I know too well or a story line I usually enjoy. But the reviews made me curious and I put it in to my Kindle. From the first page I was hooked, couldnt stop reading . So well drafted, so utterly believable. I am feeling loss now that I have finished. Cant imagine how it can be equalled , or even exist in a second instalment, but I would love to hear more about the characters on their journeys home.

My Wife asked me what I was reading. I told her it was like Lord of the Rings without the silliness and sorcery. Now I love Lord of the Rings, so that was a comment of praise on a book that will grow its own cult. I am so glad I read it and I expect like lord of the Rings I will re-read it many times.