Profile for gje306 > Reviews

Content by gje306

gje306

Apple MacBook Pro 13 inch Docking Station (Aluminium Unibody Mid 2009 Onwards) by Henge Docks

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea poorly executed and damaged my laptop, 13 Sep 2013
The concept is quite nice, but there are serious problems. The first of these is the simple fact that a 2011 macbook pro is already operating close to its thermal limit. Add a sleeve to the bottom and it doesn't take much to exceed this limit. The fan blows constantly, it's too hot to touch and I experienced crashes which have gone away since I stopped using this dock. The second and equally serious problem is that it BENT the edge of the lid that goes into the dock. I was very careful putting this in and out of the dock, but nevertheless after a couple of weeks one of the corners fatigued and curled round. I would suggest that the macbook pro was never intended to go into a dock, and might explain why apple has never sold their own version.

Parcel Tape Dispenser Gun Large Core
Parcel Tape Dispenser Gun Large Core
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good product, 8 Jan 2013
The mechanism is too tight and the tape does not stick to the box. The frame protrudes leaving holes on the box when you cut the tape. Better to do it by hand!

2 ROLLS BROWN/BUFF PACKING TAPE, PARCEL TAPE
2 ROLLS BROWN/BUFF PACKING TAPE, PARCEL TAPE
Offered by BargainShop_London

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy these tapes, 7 Jan 2013
Awful quality! It arrived damaged so it'd tear to pieces. After rolling out the damaged part managed to use some of it but it did not stick to the cardboard boxes. Don't buy it!

Xebec-Tech HTPC Wireless Handheld Keyboard
Xebec-Tech HTPC Wireless Handheld Keyboard

2.0 out of 5 stars Hopeless, 11 Nov 2012
Nice idea, but badly implemented. The touchpad is infuriating to use and the range is little over 2 meters. I would avoid until it has been overhauled.

DrayTek Vigor 120 - DSL modem - external - Fast Ethernet [PC]
DrayTek Vigor 120 - DSL modem - external - Fast Ethernet [PC]
Offered by DSL Source

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock Solid, 11 Nov 2012
I used to regularly experience dropped connections with my old netgear router/modems. Since changing to an asus router and this modem my setup has not dropped a single connection.

Netgear DGN2000 Wireless-N 300 Router with Built-in ADSL2/2+ Modem
Netgear DGN2000 Wireless-N 300 Router with Built-in ADSL2/2+ Modem
Offered by NETWORK LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible product - DO NOT BUY!!!, 31 Mar 2012
I have finally gotten rid of this rubbish piece of kit. I remember a friend of mine used to swear by using an ethernet cable rather than wireless, but actually looking back it's because he always had netgear products. This one, like others I've had in the past runs hot, drops internet and wireless connections and requires regular reboots. I have tried upgrading the firmware numerous times, but none have managed to fix the issue with this router. I have recently bought an Asus N56U and Draytek 120 modem combination which is sizzlingly quick and so far hasn't skipped a beat. Due to the pain I've gone through with the netgear I felt compelled to warn others about just how bad the DGN2000 is, and, that wireless doesn't have to be slow or unreliable