Profile for R. Potts > Reviews

Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars No theme music?, 24 Jun 2014
For some reason the theme music doesn't play for most of the episodes. But the show itself is great. Appropriately hybrid in genre, often witty, gripping...brilliant performances.

Bolt
Bolt
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost too good to share with children, 14 May 2014
This review is from: Bolt (Amazon Instant Video)
I bought this film for my 4-year-old, after we saw part of it on TV. But he was more interested in The Iron Giant, of which we had similarly seen only a portion: so in the end I watched Bolt myself, on my own. It is a wonderful, clever, funny and moving entertainment, and I was completely gripped. The jokes, including throwaway lines and visual gags, are excellent, and the whole concept ingenious and smartly executed.

9ct White Gold Lapis Lazuli Drop Earrings
9ct White Gold Lapis Lazuli Drop Earrings
Offered by Peninsula Jewellery
Price: 31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely earrings, 11 Mar 2011
My wife loved these, which were exactly as described and pictured; but what I really valued was the speed with which they were sent, since they were for a specific occasion. They actually arrived earlier than the earliest estimated delivery date! And were beautifully packaged. I really can't fault Peninsula Jewellery, and would confidently recommend them.

The Greens Cookbook
The Greens Cookbook
by Deborah Madison

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful flavours, 15 Feb 2008
This review is from: The Greens Cookbook (Hardcover)
Until I met my wife, I was not really into vegetarian food, and was basically carnivorous. Over the years, I have learned both to cook and to enjoy a lot more vegetarian food, which in any case seems to have improved immeasurably in Britain over the past ten years or so.
This book is superb. Despite some reviews in the US saying that the recipes were too complicated or time-consuming, I really don't think they are (it only takes a few minutes to grind some spices; is that really so hard?); besides, I like to spend a bit of time in the kitchen if I'm making something special.
They use ingredients which are now widely available in larger cities, with a Mexican twist in a lot of cases; the black bean recipes thrilled my wife (who, Miami-bred, has rarely found "proper" black bean dishes over here, and has high standards): black bean chilli, black bean soup, black bean chilaquiles - the last is layers of tortilla with a red, roasted-garlic sauce, black bean chill, sour cream, mozarella and cheddar, cooked in the oven - I was amazed how well it all came together.
The winter vegetable stew, with cumin, chilli, cardomom and coconut milk, turned out to be breathtaking; lovely flavours, just the right afterglow of heat from each mouthful. Following these recipes really does lead to perfect flavouring. This has rapidly become a favourite cook book.