Profile for JC > Reviews

Content by JC

JC

Lumie Bodyclock STARTER 30 Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock with Sunrise and Sunset Features
Offered by George and Freddie
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 17 Feb 2014
Bought this for my partner as she works different shifts, some which require her to wake up at 4am to start to get ready. She'd mentioned this to me as a better way to wake up, so after I got it for her she was very excited.

After setting it up, I can tell you it really does make a difference, you stir from your sleep and it's a much more refreshing feeling than being shocked awake by a typical alarm. The light can get very bright, but it's not blinding and it's more of a glow than anything which is very pleasant.

Highly recommend.

Gymboss Interval Timer and Stopwatch - BLACK / YELLOW SOFTCOAT
Gymboss Interval Timer and Stopwatch - BLACK / YELLOW SOFTCOAT
Offered by Gymboss EU
Price: 14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Why did they change the setup :(, 17 Feb 2014
Had to buy this gymboss to replace my old model which died out on me a few weeks ago, and for all intents and purposes this does what it's supposed to.

I like the new finish, but I can't stand the new setup for the timers. You can only increase second by second or 10sec if you hold down the new + or - buttons.

I much prefer the old method of setting up the timer where you just increase each digit individually, much faster and much more convenient. Have fun setting up a 20 min timer on this thing, you'll be holding down that + button for a while....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2014 5:32 PM BST

Under Armour ColdGear Compression Evo Compression Men's Leggings - Black, XL
Under Armour ColdGear Compression Evo Compression Men's Leggings - Black, XL
Offered by The Golf Shop Online
Price: 23.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and do the job, 17 Feb 2014
I've never used full leggings before but have used compression shorts from other brands. I can say that these are definitely on par and for the most part better than my compression shorts, especially during the cold winter months. They are tight enough without being uncomfortable or restrictive and the quality is top quality as you would expect from UA.

Also at this price, where Nike and Adidas leggings can hit 40-60 these are an absolute steal.

Brainwavz Zirconia Headphone Stand - Suitable For All Headphone Sizes
Brainwavz Zirconia Headphone Stand - Suitable For All Headphone Sizes
Offered by MP4 Nation
Price: 19.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, 2 Aug 2013
I used these with my HD650's. Only gripe would be that I probably would have preferred one with no text, or maybe just some text on the base of the unit. Other than that, its a affordable stand, and does look great.

Keyboard cleaning brush
Keyboard cleaning brush
Offered by PoundMax
Price: 3.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for keyboard cleaning, 2 Aug 2013
I use this to clean the dust and dirt from my K70 keyboard. Works really well, the bristles are strong enough to get dirt out but won't ruin the brushed aluminum finish of the keyboard. Use one of these in conjunction with some compressed air and you will have your keyboard as clean as when you unboxed it.

MIONIX NAOS 5000 Gaming Mouse Laser 5040dpi Sensor NAOS-5000
MIONIX NAOS 5000 Gaming Mouse Laser 5040dpi Sensor NAOS-5000

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mouse I've ever used., 6 Dec 2011
First and foremost I'm a gamer. I need a good comfortable accurate mouse. Having used so many in my time, I can honestly say that this is by far the best of the lot. After my Deathadder gave up on me after 3 years of good service, I did a lot of searching for a good mouse. I saw that this had received nothing but good reviews, and they were right.

The mouse is incredibly comfortable, and the software intuitive and simple to use, while providing a plethora of options to get your mouse feeling the way YOU want it to feel. I doubt there is a negative aspect of the mouse since I've been using it. Coupled with a nice surface (I'm using the Mionix Alioth 400) and it's a dream to use. Highly recommended if you are in the market for a good solid mouse, which is comfortable, aesthetically pleasing and most importantly incredibly accurate and responsive.

Gymboss Interval Timer & Stopwatch GB2010 BLACK SOFTCOAT
Gymboss Interval Timer & Stopwatch GB2010 BLACK SOFTCOAT

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, great for anybody who does ANY type of training., 30 Sep 2011
Just started a new fitness lifstyle to get myself back into shape, and this was recommended by my trainer to help make sure I'm doing all the exercises in the program within a certain time margin.

Very simple, nice and compact does exactly what you need it to do. Great for interval training, adjustable notifications. Highly recommended.

Vax U90-P4-P Power 4 Pet Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Vacuum - but sounds like a jet engine., 4 Oct 2010
Bought this to replace our now dead Dyson which served us very well for a number of years. This vax is around the same size and has a good range of accessories. Great price, and was just what we were looking for. Has great suction and is easy to handle. Quite light in comparison to our previous dyson. Be warned though, this vacuum cleaner is LOUD. I mean really really loud, it's like a jet engine when it's on and you do have to speak quite loud when the thing is on. But if you do your cleaning during the day this shouldn't pose too much of a problem, but is definitely something to keep in mind before purchasing.

Has a number of modes to deal with different surfaces and the attachments are easy to access and very handy. A great vacuum cleaner, but definitely too loud for people to use during evening cleaning sessions. Unless you live in the sticks or have very very thick walls.

Memwah High speed USB multi card reader - (SD, SDHC, Micro SD, Micro SDHC, MS, MS PRO, MMC, MS Duo, MS PRO Duo, miniSD, RS-MMC, MS Micro) - for 1Gb 2Gb 4Gb 8Gb 16Gb 32Gb cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and compact, 26 July 2010
Great little piece of kit, supports all the cards I have, and is nice and compact so easy enough to carry around with me.