Profile for JDC > Reviews

Holy Night
by Maja Dusikova
Edition: Calendar

4.0 out of 5 stars Traditional and nostalgic, 11 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Holy Night (Calendar)
It seems to be very difficult to get a traditional advent calendar so I was delighted when I saw this (and that there was a choice of designs). I loved it because it brought back childhood memories for me and my kids loved it - dare I say more than the chocolate calendars. They were genuinely excited to seen what was behind each door - candles, angels - just like yester-year. I'll be buying more this year.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2014 4:56 PM GMT

Fisher Price Little People Disney Princess Palace
Fisher Price Little People Disney Princess Palace
Offered by Gameline GmbH.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not brilliant, 11 Jan. 2014
We got this when it was under £30. I would have been really disappointed if I had paid full price. It was really clumsy trying to put it together but now that everything's screwed together it is quite sturdy although the flags on top don't stay on. It doesn't do much - for some reason I though the dance floor was mechanical but it's manual and only rotates 180 degrees. The bed and dining table barely fit in the rooms. It just doesn't seem to flow well - a good idea but disappointing in reality. My daughter is nearly 2 so is within the age range but after a few minutes she's bored with it. I personally think a dolls house would create better imaginative play. Depends on how Disney crazy your little one is.

Jazooli Super Bright 9 LED Mini Torch Flashlight Light - Red
Jazooli Super Bright 9 LED Mini Torch Flashlight Light - Red
Offered by Jazooli

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little torch, 11 Jan. 2014
This is a really bright, but very small torch. Can't argue with the price. It was bought for my son who loves torches and he loves shining it around the house, but we haven't tried it outside yet so can't say how it would work then. Perfect for a bright light in a tight space and will easily fit in a pocket. Would recommend this item.

Brian Clegg - Ready Mixed Paint - Standard Colours 6x600ml Assorted Pack
Brian Clegg - Ready Mixed Paint - Standard Colours 6x600ml Assorted Pack
Offered by Creative and Arty Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars Great paint, 11 Jan. 2014
These are brilliant sized bottles which will last ages. The colours are vibrant and fun. They also wash off hands, clothes - everything in fact - really easily. I'm thinking of getting some more bottles but in different colours and I would definitely recommend them.

Children's Height Chart with over 40 Stickers
Children's Height Chart with over 40 Stickers
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 Jan. 2014
I already had one of these for my son and was so impressed that when my daughter came along I got one for her too. It's bright, there's loads of stickers for giving dates and heights and plenty animals stickers when heights are reached. My kids love them and I can't fault it at all. Excellent product, excellent price.

Brainstorm Toys Nature Torch Wildlife
Brainstorm Toys Nature Torch Wildlife
Offered by A*BargainProducts

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I had expected, 11 Jan. 2014
I know that this item is relatively inexpensive but I was disappointed. The 'dome' that goes over the torch is cheap plastic that can break easily, and the projected images aren't very clear. The description makes it sound brilliant but I wouldn't recommend this item.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 11 Jan. 2014
I bought these as a little stocking filler. They are sturdy and quite clear to look through. I only bought them as a fun item so has no great expectations but there still being used and are still in one piece. Provided you only want them as a toy I would recommend them.

3x Heavy Duty Teflon Non Stick Oven Liners 40cm x 50cm PERFECT FOR FAN ASSISTED OVENS
Offered by L.M Electrical

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 23 Sept. 2013
I was looking for something to put on the bottom of the oven to make cleaning easier. I saw this item so decided to give it a try and it is perfect.

The liners are easy to wipe clean and don't blow around in the fan assisted oven the way foil does. As I have three I also have one in the grill tray.

The price for three wasn't that much more than for one and when they are wiped clean they are as new, so I can still use them for cooking should I need to. I would definately recommend these liners.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Bali lamp - great purchase, 23 Sept. 2013
We wanted something a little bit different and loved the look of this lamp. It is very pretty but much smaller than it looks in the picture. We have had to put it on a small table to bring it up to a reasonable height as we wanted a floor lamp but this was to small. Some of the edges are a little sharp too, but overall we are happy with the lamp.

Babyrascals Large Bath Toy Bag (Baby Product) 50cm x 30cm approx
Babyrascals Large Bath Toy Bag (Baby Product) 50cm x 30cm approx
Offered by Danmark - Babyrascals Official Outlet

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 5 Aug. 2013
I really wanted something to tidy up my children's toys in the bathroom. This was a very reasonable price and holds a surprising amount of toys. I've never had a problem with the amount or weight of the toys and the net is sturdy enough for what I need. I would recommend this product.