Profile for Mrs. N. J. Harris > Reviews

Content by Mrs. N. J. Harris

Mrs. N. J. Harris (Britain)

Page: 1 | 2
Galt Super Marble Run
Galt Super Marble Run
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online
Price: 18.88

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun toy, 3 May 2014
This review is from: Galt Super Marble Run (Toy)
My son loved this toy. It is the sort of toy that teaches children by learning from their mistakes. Sometimes it falls over because the child has not learnt to balance it yet, sometimes they need to re route the marbles because they have done it wrong. All of this makes it an educational toy and its as strong and sturdy as you would expect from Galt. Its a school quality toy.

I highly recommend it

Cat's Eye Marbles - 50 in a bag + spares (against damage)
Cat's Eye Marbles - 50 in a bag + spares (against damage)
Offered by K Direct
Price: 1.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 3 May 2014
The marbles are of a good quality and fitted perfectly into our Galt marble run. There was one very large marble that was fun too.
The marbles arrived all nicely packaged and much sooner than expected.

Sistema Twister Bottle 330ml, Aqua
Sistema Twister Bottle 330ml, Aqua
Offered by HOME DIRECT
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Non leaking!!!, 19 Feb 2014
These were a good price and fitted well into my sons lunch box. It does not leak which is always a bonus and a bit of a surprise in such a reasonably priced product!!

International Fake Moustache Set Collection - Funny Foreign Fancy Dress
International Fake Moustache Set Collection - Funny Foreign Fancy Dress
Offered by Top Value Prices
Price: 3.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny mustaches!!, 19 Feb 2014
My son loved these and we had a lot of fun daring each other to wear them out to family events like church on Sunday!! They are not meant to be long lasting. I wish they were!! Great fun!

Lorus Boy's Watch R2307FX9
Lorus Boy's Watch R2307FX9
Offered by Gadgetize
Price: 11.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab watch, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: Lorus Boy's Watch R2307FX9 (Watch)
There are so many children s watches that just fall apart because they are not up to the job. I think I have bought them all over the years!! This watch is sturdy and has the bonus of looking great too. I was really pleased with this product and so was my son.

Spearmark Tree Fu Tom Rectangle Lunch Bag
Spearmark Tree Fu Tom Rectangle Lunch Bag
Offered by Artisana UK
Price: 8.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little lunch bag, 19 Feb 2014
This lunch box made my little friend jump for joy at the thought of taking it to school!

It is sturdy and easily cleaned.

I would recommend this prouduct

The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
Price: 1.28

1.0 out of 5 stars The power of your unconcious mind?, 31 Dec 2011
The problem with this book occurs in the very first paragraph because it is not possible to 'think with your subconscious mind.'

The Author does not know the diffrence between our unconscious mind (the part of our minds which we have very little access to without therapy because there is a reason its hidden from us... there is dangerous stuff in there! Only the very skilled can safely take any of us into its realm.) and our subconscious mind (The part of our minds that helps us to automaticly ride a bike, walk or drive a car.) He has confused the two and if you do that you really do not know what you are talking about and so, for me, the book is worthless because he is so obviously does not know enough to speak about his subject.

If you want to read a serious book about your mind (concious, subconsious or unconcious) make sure the author is a trained psychotherapist and not a lay person stabbing around in the dark.

If you want to read a serious book about God pick up a Bible.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2012 3:29 AM GMT

The Other Boleyn Girl
The Other Boleyn Girl
by Philippa Gregory
Price: 6.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Was this book inspired by two daring Oxford professors? I think so!, 5 May 2011
This review is from: The Other Boleyn Girl (Paperback)
Phillippa Gregory has the courage to suggest that Anne could have been guilty and George Boleyn could have been a homosexual. This debate has long been fought by Professor Burnard and Professor Warnicke at Oxford University.

For readers who have not heard of this debate it could feel like Phillippa made the whole thing up. However, both ideas are thesis's from very prominant historians.I find both fasinating just because they dare to be different.

I love this book because of its historical 'mistakes!' I feel that without them there is a a duller story. Which is probally why Phillipa chose not to write about the real Mary Boleyn who slept around and whose real life second husband went rioting in London with Henry VIII's last victim Henry Howard Earl of Surrey.(son of the Duke of Norfolk.)

This book is a good work of fiction that is well researched and its a ripping good yarn. However if you want complete accuracy read a history book by someone like Eric Ives or Doctor David Starkey.(My hero!)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2013 2:44 PM GMT

Anne Boleyn: Fatal Attractions
Anne Boleyn: Fatal Attractions
by Gw Bernard
Price: 13.60

1.0 out of 5 stars Professor seems to have confused dates, 26 July 2010
Anne Boleyn, according to traditional sources (Starkey,Ives,Weir and Warnicke) was executed on 19th of May 1536.

Professor Bernard suggests that Anne died on 15th of May, which is the traditional date for her trial. He does not explain his reasons for this departure from Anne's accepted date of death nor does he reference his source.

On page 131 (hard back) Bernard suggests that the 19th of May was four days after Annes execution. And on page 3 he suggests that Anne and her brother were both convicted and executed on Monday 15th May 1536.

This is such a big mistake/ommision that I felt his research no matter how fascinating could not quite be trusted.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2010 3:01 PM BST

How to feed your whole family: A healthy, balanced diet with very little money
How to feed your whole family: A healthy, balanced diet with very little money
by Gill Holcombe
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a life changing book for me!, 12 July 2008
This book has not only shaved 60 off my shopping list each week but my very fussy children have eaten everything I have cooked which is nothing short of a miracle.

I feel saintly that the food is all healthy, fresh and no food is wasted so its green too!

I really loved the weekly menu planning because it simplify s my life and often one days left overs are used in tomorrow's menu. (Mr Brown would be proud as no food is wasted in our house!) We are on week three and for me its been a life changing experience.

Do not dig your own grave with your knife and fork buy this book, save cash, eat healthily and cut out the e numbers!

Nicky Harris UK