Profile for Toby C > Reviews

Schlitten Davos
Schlitten Davos
Price: 39.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Downhill mayhem, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: Schlitten Davos (Sports)
This was a purchase of epic and long awaited proportions.
Snow was falling and once again we were stuck with no means of propelling ourselves down the slopes in the local park. Instinctively we turned to the internet, ordered the coolest thing we could find with zero notice and a meagre bank account, and pressed buy.

The next couple of days were spent wondering if we would regret our choice. I have a bent nose from having a similar sledge smash into my face in 1999, and thought I might have developed an aversion to these types of things, but only time would tell.

A couple of days later and joy arrived in the post. Quick, efficient, and all ready to ride. Quick as a flash we were out there. This is a purchase that we won't forget in a hurry. One of the good ones. One that will last for a long time.

Placing our one-year old between by legs and my wife propped behind me, we set off. Tears from the baby, screams from the wife, and sheer bloody joy for me. Whoosh!

When we reached the bottom, we settled junior's nerves, checked the merchandise and set off for the top again. The next run was taken in Margot's stride. She loved it. My wife loved it. I loved it. No broken noses, no more tears. Just snow, speed and the thrill of making the most of the short spell of slippery mayhem that made the winter much better.

I recommend one of these beauties to anyone looking to buy a sledge. It is solid, light, fits two and a half people on comfortably, and most of all it goes like a rocket.