Profile for JHC > Reviews

Dvd ~ Brandon Lee
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 4.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Laser Mission [DVD] (DVD)
This is one of the most amazing films I have ever seen, the main thing I didnt like abut it was that there was no lazer

Microsoft Windows 8 Standard 64 bit OEM, WN7-00403, English Version
Microsoft Windows 8 Standard 64 bit OEM, WN7-00403, English Version
Offered by Kikatek
Price: 81.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Messy and confusing, 1 Jan 2014
I was always of Windows XP, which I found slick and usable (at least by Microsoft standards), but Windows 8 is such a mess. The interface is confusing, the operating system barely functional. I had problems with configuring sound from the outset, even though Windows 8 came pre-installed on my laptop. It's constantly finding new and interesting ways to break itself. On the plus side, this has added an element of excitement into my otherwise boring existence. The only time I feel anything any more is when I'm banging on my keyboard and swearing at Microsoft.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2014 9:58 PM GMT

R.O.T.O.R.
R.O.T.O.R.
VHS

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 1 July 2013
This review is from: R.O.T.O.R. (VHS Tape)
This is easily the best film I've ever seen, and I have seen a lot of films in my life.

HP P1102W LaserJet Pro Wireless mono (Black & White) Laser Printer (AirPrint)
HP P1102W LaserJet Pro Wireless mono (Black & White) Laser Printer (AirPrint)
Offered by MiniPrice Express
Price: 87.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine printer, but problems with wireless, 19 July 2012
Got it working out of the box within 10 minutes by USB - very fast, clean printing, great quality, surprisingly quiet. Very happy with that side of things.

Then I spent an hour trying to get the wireless working without success (Mac OS X 10.7), despite looking for tutorials online and following them to the letter. It looks like quite a few people have a problem with the wireless. I'm no techie, and when I buy a product I expect it to work without this sort of hassle. Luckily I can manage with USB only so I didn't waste any more time on it, but it gets a star knocked off for being a pain.

Sony CMTFX350 Micro Hi-Fi with iPod Dock
Sony CMTFX350 Micro Hi-Fi with iPod Dock

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 Feb 2012
For the price range this is an excellent hi-fi, with responsive controls and great sound. Very happy with it, money well spent.

Street Cleaning Simulator (PC DVD)
Street Cleaning Simulator (PC DVD)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE
Price: 4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars not very accurate, 14 Oct 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
As a profesional street cleaner myself I don't regard this "Simulator" as a very accurate "simulation", in this game it is possible to do things that a Professional Srteet Cleaner would never get away with, for example you can DRIVE OVER people, you can't do that in real life. I did it once in real life but I was sevrely told of for it, it never went to court though becaue the woman died and there was no witnesses so I kept my job. My point is in this game I was running over people left and right with lots of people looking, they just disappeard, there wasn't even any bodies and I didn't get in trouble for it. Not really a "Simulator" then is it.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2014 7:22 AM BST

Bonekickers [DVD]
Bonekickers [DVD]
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 5.15

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, 12 Oct 2011
This review is from: Bonekickers [DVD] (DVD)
I love fantastical archaeological adventures like Indiana Jones, but Bonekickers is the worst thing to happen to the human race since the expulsion from Paradise.

Offa's Dyke Path
Offa's Dyke Path
by Keith Carter

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, except for maps, 26 July 2011
This review is from: Offa's Dyke Path (Paperback)
I used this book when hiking the path in 2010. It has plenty of useful information on the route and accommodation, which is always very welcome.

My main reservation was the sketch maps, which some people like, but I find them somewhat idiosyncratic and occasionally inaccurate. On one occasion I had to arrange a pick-up on a minor road using a quarry as a reference point, but found that the quarry was wildly misplaced on the Trailblazer map, not even on the right side of the road, which caused confusion and frustration on a hot and tiring day. Basically the maps are tricky to use by themselves, which for me makes them rather redundant - I much prefer the official National Trail guides in this respect, which offer a good guide to the route while negating the need to carry a pile of separate OS maps.

If you're in a party and can share the weight of OS maps in conjunction with this guide book, however, I would say that the commentary and information it provides are outstanding.

Hadrian's Wall Path (National Trail Guides)
Hadrian's Wall Path (National Trail Guides)
by Anthony Burton

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 26 July 2011
I just got back from a six-day hike using this book as my only guide. It is well-written, informative and accurate, which are the most important things. In the past I've done the Offa's Dyke Path using a Trailblazer guide, but I had issues with the sketch maps used by Trailblazer, finding them to be in places inaccurate or incomplete - the use of OS maps in this official National Trail Guide was the main reason I bought it.

One minor drawback of the book is the very limited information on accommodation and other amenities en route, though this is something I prefer to research myself beforehand anyway. Another drawback is the size - I found it to be an inch or so too tall to fit inside the large side pocket of my hiking trousers, which is awkward when it rains. In this respect the smaller format of the Trailblazer guides is better.

Overall, despite these drawbacks, I can highly recommend it.

LG 47LD450 47-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Freeview
LG 47LD450 47-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 26 July 2011
This was an upgrade in TV size for me, and I chose to buy it after reading a lot of positive industry and user reviews online. I've been using it for a couple of months now, and am very pleased with it. I only use it for Xbox and DVDs, not TV, so I can't comment on its TV functions, but I find the HD picture and sound quality to be outstanding for this price. Setup out of the box was quick and simple, the remote control and menu interface are intuitive and responsive.

My only niggle is that the in-built speakers give occasional resonance with deep bass (Darth Vader's voice, for example!), but otherwise volume and clarity is fine, and I suppose many people will be using external speaker systems. This isn't enough of an issue for me to give it fewer than 5 stars, anyway.

Very highly recommended for those looking for a good sized TV without breaking the bank.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 16, 2011 4:48 PM BST