Profile for Mel > Reviews

Very good

Live At The Empire Pool Audio CD + Bonus DVD
Live At The Empire Pool Audio CD + Bonus DVD
Offered by skyvo-direct

2.0 out of 5 stars ... for my wife and me this dvd was a disappointment, I feel that the sound is very poor ..., 11 Aug. 2014
I know that filming and recording quality has improved over the last four decades but for my wife and me this dvd was a disappointment, I feel that the sound is very poor quality and the visuals are not much better. I have fond memories of seeing this programme on TV when originally broadcast in 1975 but then I was watching on a fairly basic TV. The memories and the experience of seeing it again do not equate. In addition to the poor quality, what is actually shown is disappointing as it does not feature all of the "King Arthur" record and very little of the ice skating is shown.
I was so disappointed that I informed amazon that I wished to return it for a full refund. There were no problems doing so.

Eagles Selected Works (1972-1999)
Eagles Selected Works (1972-1999)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value at the new price, 29 Nov. 2013
For anyone who didn't buy this collection when it was released in a very expensive package over a decade ago it is now a bargain! You may find "The fast Lane" cd rather heavy going but you can always programme your player for the tracks you want to hear. The concert cd may be new listening to you - whilst it is not the best Eagles concert, there are some very enjoyable moments. I haven't actually seen the newly packaged offering but if it contains the comprehensive booklet then I reckon it is worth £9.99 for the live cd and booklet with the benefit of 3 other cds containing some absolute classics.

Eric Clapton - Double Trouble
Eric Clapton - Double Trouble
Dvd ~ vocals), Yvonne Elliman (acoustic guitar, vocals),Marcy Levy (harmonica, vocals), Dick Simms (keyboards),George Terry (guitar), Carl Radle (bass guitar),Jamie Oldaker (drums), Sergio Pastora (percussion) Eric Clapton (guitars

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable.....but beware., 29 Jan. 2013
An enjoyable concert but it seems to have been put onto dvd directly from vhs, probably from a recording of OGWT. This in itself was not a problem but the dvd played on one of my dvd players, wouldn't load on another and stuck on a third. The dvd was stained and also had some small chips.
NUEVO from whom I bought it were excellent and immediately sent a pre-paid return packet and refunded me as soon as they received the dvd.

Web-tex Stow Bag Set - 3 Piece
Web-tex Stow Bag Set - 3 Piece

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellentl bags for holding waterproof jackets., 16 Mar. 2012
We wanted these bags to hold lightweight waterproof jackets. The two smaller bags are excellent for this. They will take up less room in our rucksacks than just folding our waterproofs. It also means that we have small bags for carrying our jackets rather than carrying a folded jacket when "travelling light". Having the size of the bags in the product information was most useful. (Why can't all sellers of similar products do this?

I'll probably use the third bag for my waterproof trousers.

(The items were delivered 3 days after ordering - standard free delivery)

Kitchen Craft Apple Corer & Wedger with Stainless Steel Blade
Kitchen Craft Apple Corer & Wedger with Stainless Steel Blade

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality - quickly broke, 14 Jan. 2012
Initially we thought this was very good but on the 7th use one side of the plastic completely broke from top to bottom. It was only being used for quite a small sized Pink Lady apple.