Profile for Caroline Hirst > Reviews

Content by Caroline Hirst

Caroline Hirst (Manchester, UK)

Material Pleasures (Belair - A World of Display)
Material Pleasures (Belair - A World of Display)
by Lillian Coppock

4.0 out of 5 stars A book full of ideas for textile teaching., 25 Oct 2010
This book has some interesting ideas for introducing textiles in the classroom. I thought the section on weaving was very useful with good photographs showing examples of work produced. A good starting point for those interested in using fabrics within their teaching. More suitable for younger groups, but the ideas could be adapted for older groups.

Fossil ES1117 Stainless Steel Ladies Analogue Champaign Dial Leather & Stainless Steel Strap Watch

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality watch reasonably priced, 28 Jun 2008
I paid 26 for this watch...since I bought it it has got reduced to 16.25 but I'm still pretty pleased with it. It has a clear face and isn't too much of a fussy design. I already had a fossil watch so I already knew how good they are and how the quality is good. Overall I'm glad I bought it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2008 10:43 PM BST

The Embroidery Stitch Bible: Over 200 Stitches Photographed with Easy-to-follow Charts (Stitchcraft)
Price: 12.79

5.0 out of 5 stars A Clear and Concise Guide to Stitch, 9 Jan 2005
A really excellent resource for anyone interested in stitch. It conatins clear diagrams as well as photographs along the step by step process. It breaks down complex stitches into a series of stages and gives useful advice. The Bible has a thorough coverage of different stitches subdivided into different sections, and the spiral bound spine makes it easy to keep open to refer to when you are stitching. I have found it vital for my university textiles course and have found even the more complex stitches simple to complete. A fabulous source of information.