Profile for MummyGill > Reviews

Faux Fur Lilac Mongolian Bean Bag
Faux Fur Lilac Mongolian Bean Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Girly Beanbag, 11 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Faux Fur Lilac Mongolian Bean Bag
My 7 year old daughter got this for her birthday after asking for a "chair for reading in". She is over the moon with it. It is just the right size for her and is lovely and soft and fluffy. The colour is nice too. Would recommend this beanbag.

Fay's Family Food: Delicious Recipes Where One Meal Feeds Everyone. Whatever Age!
by Fay Ripley

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the few cookbooks I use frequently., 13 Sept. 2011
I am a bit of a cookbook addict, and have around 30 cookbooks, most of which gather dust on the shelf. However, Fays Family Food is one of the handful of books that I use at least on a weekly basis. It is real family food that my children, husband and myself really enjoy.

Like Fay, I began to struggle slightly when it came to making a dinner that all 5 of us would enjoy (i have 3 children aged 6, 5 and 20 months). This cookbook has meals that we all enjoy and dont take all day to prepare. I like the fact that every recipe has a photograph of the end result, which certainly promotes me to making it, and also gives me an idea of what it should look like. Also, every recipe states how long it takes to prepare and to cook.

The only negative I can think of is that I would have liked more recipes that can be prepared during the day, when the children are at school or napping, such as casseroles, stews, vegetable bakes, etc. Maybe in Fay's next book?

Overall, this cookbook is well laid out with clear instructions and a little bit of humour. I would highly recommend this book.

Princesses: Sticker Dolly Dressing (Usborne Sticker Fashion)
Princesses: Sticker Dolly Dressing (Usborne Sticker Fashion)
by Fiona Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps kids busy, 13 Sept. 2011
I first bought Usborne sticker books for 2 of my own children (aged 6 and 5) when we were going on a holiday that involved alot of travelling. I didn't tell them i'd bought them, but half way through our journey they began to get a little bored. I then produced a sticker book for each of them. They were over the moon and it kept them busy and interested for the rest of the journey and on the return journey two weeks later.

I have since bought more of these books for my childrens friends, as part of their birthday gifts.

Overall, these sticker books are good value for money and perfect for taking on holiday to keep kids amused whilst travelling. Would highly recommend, and I will buy again.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 18 April 2011
Bought this pink hair spray for my daughters to wear to school on comic relief day because they were to have "crazy hair".

Was disappointed that it arrived to late, but after having read the tin, it stated not suitable for children or for blonde hair, so it wouldnt have been any good anyway.

Seems good for adults who dont have blonde hair!

Ravensburger Disney Rapunzel 3x49 Piece Puzzles
Ravensburger Disney Rapunzel 3x49 Piece Puzzles

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Fun, 18 April 2011
My two daughters ages 4 and 6 love these jigsaws, due to having gone to the cinema to see the film.

Good fun and value for money.

Crayola Colour & Style Pony
Crayola Colour & Style Pony
Offered by Fastech2020

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value and Artistic Fun, 18 April 2011
This review is from: Crayola Colour & Style Pony (Toy)
My daughter, age 6, loved this toy. She spend a few hours painting and decorating it and it now has pride of place on her bedroom shelves.

This toy is good value for money and would make a good present for an artistic little girl. The only negative I can think of is that once its painted that it, it is then just an ornament. However I would still recommmend this toy overall.

Melinda Messenger's Family Cookbook: Delicious Recipes for All the Family
Melinda Messenger's Family Cookbook: Delicious Recipes for All the Family
by Melinda Messenger

5.0 out of 5 stars A varied and interesting family cookbook, 27 Mar. 2011
I am a busy mum to 3 young children and have found this cookbook to be a straightforward, informative, down-to-earth book which has quickly become a firm favourite in my house. It has lots of delicious family recipes with clear instructions and helpful tips. Each recipe tells you how long it will take to prepare and how long it takes to cook, so I can use this to help me decide what to make depending on how much time I have. My children love looking through the baking chapter and choosing a cake or dessert for us to make together.

I would say that I have now made well over half of the recipes in this book and myself and my family have enjoyed all of them. There is a wide variety of recipes from simple omlettes to more unusual ideas such as beetroot chocolate cake (my kids loved both making and eating this one). My favourite chapter is the outdoor eating section, and the Campfire Chilli is delicious.

The only very small negative I have is that I like cookbooks to have a picture of every recipe, so I can see what the end result should look like. And I also find that I am much more inclined to make the recipes that do have a photograph of it. Having said that the book does have lots of lovely photographs throughout it.

Would love to see another cookbook similar to this style from Melinda, perhaps with more vegatarian recipes, more outdoor eating suggestions and maybe kids lunchbox ideas.

Overall I would highly recommend this cookbook for everyone in particular families with young children.