Profile for B B > Reviews

Content by B B

B B

Door Draught Excluder - UK's Number 1 Draught Excluder - Fits doors up to 30" wide & needs no fixings
Offered by SK Depots

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful draught excluder, 23 Feb. 2015
Easy to fit.

6 litre Black Kitchen Food waste caddy
6 litre Black Kitchen Food waste caddy
Offered by caddiesandliners

5.0 out of 5 stars Good bin, 23 Feb. 2015
Came promptly. Good size. Pleased with it.

Darius and Chums and the Missing Sapphire
Darius and Chums and the Missing Sapphire
by Jeremy Damian

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, 8 Feb. 2015
B B
As a retired primary school teacher, I enjoy reading children's novels, especially those from new writers, and I'm so glad I read this one. After the first three chapters, when the author introduces the characters and sets the scene, the story picks up momentum and moves at a real pace. I found myself racing through it and just couldn't put it down.

I particularly enjoyed the camaraderie between the three main doggy chums, with Max and Bonkers winding each other up and Darius being the cool head between them. The book reminded me of stories I used to read as a child, yet would still appeal to children today. If I had to sum the book up, I'd describe it as a Famous Five Adventure (except with 3 dogs as the central characters), set in a mysterious Welsh valley - but with some scarey stuff!

It's a delightful read but probably not for the very young; although children over 7 will think it's a hoot. I really enjoyed it myself; so much so, that I am going to read it all over again, but this time at a more leisurely pace.

Hope there's going to be a sequel. If there is, I, for one, can't wait!

PMS 23-Cup Cake Stand
PMS 23-Cup Cake Stand
Offered by worldofbargain888

3.0 out of 5 stars Cake stand, 5 May 2013
Bought this to display cupcakes my sister made for my daughter's engagement party. It looked stunning as a display but stand was a bit wobbly. Easy to put together and take apart. Pity only 23 spaces as cakes usually made in batches of 12.

Egg Drop
Egg Drop
by Mini Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars Egg Drop, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Egg Drop (Paperback)
Bought book as follow up to course I attended. My class loved the illustrations and content of story gave pupils lots to discuss.

Pack of 3 Good Quality Clear Plastic Plate Display Stand, 6" - 10" Plates
Pack of 3 Good Quality Clear Plastic Plate Display Stand, 6" - 10" Plates
Offered by Excellencestores

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 5 May 2013
Very sturdy ideal for what I wanted them for. Clear plastic also means they are not too visible in my display cabinet.