Profile for A. Parks > Reviews

The Savages
by Matt Whyman
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Ben Elton for YA, very clever and funny!, 9 July 2013
This review is from: The Savages (Paperback)
I first picked up The Savages because I wanted to see if my son might enjoy reading it. I quickly discovered it's what's known as a cross over book. Ideal for young adults and erm... not so young ones too.

It's clever and thoughtful and it made me laugh out loud. Great, likeable characters, even though they are all cannibals!

I really hope there's a continuation.

The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox
The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox
by Maggie O'Farrell
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Written, 3 Mar 2013
I personally think this is one of Maggie O'Farrell's best (and I like all her work!). It is beautifully written, there's an extremely interesting plot and it's enlightening about not so very long-gone history - which was heartbreaking.

70's Designer Style Unisex Silver Mirror Aviator Sunglasses & Free Bag - UV400 Protection - One Size Fits All - Full Mirrored Lenses
Offered by Mestall (Ship from HongKong)
Price: 1.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value, 3 Mar 2013
My son loves these. I always expect sunglasses to get broken or go astray dso never want to spend a fortune, therefore these ones were perfect. If the 70s vibe is the look you are after, these are perfect.

Funzee Adult Onesie - This is a Baby grow or Romper for adults. One piece pyjamas or Sleep suit. Wild Style is Leopard Spot print. Sizes Petite to XXL, (Petite)
Offered by funzee
Price: 27.95

3.0 out of 5 stars It's fine, 3 Mar 2013
This was a Christmas purchase. My 12 year old wanted an animal print onesie and this fitted the bill. It's fine; a good example of you get what you pay for (it wasn't expensive!). I'd have liked more info on the sizes as actual measurements would have been really useful.

Konig & Meyer Orchestral Music Stand - Chrome
Konig & Meyer Orchestral Music Stand - Chrome
Offered by Musikshop Speyer
Price: 76.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Very stylish, 3 Mar 2013
This is a very stylish music stand (one of the only modern looking ones I could find). I'd have given it 5 stars if it had a clip to hold the music books or sheets in place, as they do tend to fall off the stand unless you're careful. It was on the pricy side. I guess I paid more because I was keen on the minimalist style and the choice was limited that said it's a quality product. I'm happy with it.

Smart Fine Pinstripe Trilby Hat BNWT Available in 3 colours and 4 Sizes (59cm, Dark Grey)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought for my son, he loves it, 3 Mar 2013
This is a very stylish version of a trilby hat. Good shape and quality. Teenage son very happy with it.

KG Brisbon 2 Womens Heels 3210151979 Bordeaux 6 UK, 39 EU
KG Brisbon 2 Womens Heels 3210151979 Bordeaux 6 UK, 39 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars They Are beautiful!, 3 Mar 2013
These shoes are probably higher than I should wear but I love them all the same! Great service. Excellent price.

The Spy Game
The Spy Game
by Georgina Harding
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Interestin, moving, 3 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Spy Game (Paperback)
This was an extremely tense novel, that has me absorbed from beginning to end. Puts me in mind of To Kill A Mockingbird in so much as it's a child's view of an adult world.

Thirst
Thirst
Price: 3.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Page Turner!, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: Thirst (Kindle Edition)
This is not the genre I usually read because I often find the plots predictable in thrillers, not so with Larkin's! Her prose, plots and characterisation are so compelling, fresh and exciting! This is a really entertaining read that I strongly recommend. Tense and action packed. A wonderful thriller!

Sprayway Cobalt Challenger 450 Sleeping Bag Green
Sprayway Cobalt Challenger 450 Sleeping Bag Green

1.0 out of 5 stars If I could give this 0 stars I would!, 19 Jun 2012
First of all I did not receive the product advertised. The sleeping bag I received was blue, not green (it looked old fashioned and indistinguishable), secondly - and more importantly - the product I received was 3/4 seasons not 4 seasons, therefore inadequate for the job and what was advertised was a complete misrepresentation. In a physical shop the product would not be exchanged at the till, unbeknown to the customer which is what in effect happened here.

I immediately contacted the seller as I thought it might have been a genuine mix up. They eventually sent a badly written note saying they'd send a replacement. They didn't. I contacted them again asking for an address to return the product to and they said they wouldn't refund a used product. It hadn't been used. It still hasn't, it's in its packaging and is still tagged. We had, in fact, had to buy another sleeping bag as time was of the essence but the durability of the bag was paramount to my son's safety on his trek.

I will never buy a product off Peak Outdoors again as I found their service appalling. I do hope I'm alone in this treatment but I felt duty bound to warn others that I found this supplier untrustworthy. I have used Amazon market place for years for many, many different products and never before had a problem with anything. Shocking Peak Outdoors!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 20, 2012 9:32 AM BST