Profile for G. Mather > Reviews

Content by G. Mather

G. Mather "geemath" (Lancashire UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Fear: Essential Wisdom for Getting Through The Storm
Fear: Essential Wisdom for Getting Through The Storm
by Thich Nhat Hanh

4.0 out of 5 stars A Thich in time, 17 Jun 2014
I came rather late to Thich Nhat Hanh. I then came to admire him to the point where I have a picture of him on my office wall.
He is a Buddhist teacher of insight and humility, who writes simply in a style anyone can get along with. The simplicity masks his deep knowledge of Buddhism. He sits with the Buddha. You have to know him and his books - and they are many - to appreciate the depths of that.

Bhagavad-Gita Edition: Reprint
Bhagavad-Gita Edition: Reprint
by Prabhavananda Christopher Isherwood Aldous Huxley

5.0 out of 5 stars Time marches back, 17 Jun 2014
I have had lots of Bhagavad-Gita in my time, but none better than this edition for two reasons apart from the Gita itself. : it involves Christopher Isherwood and Aldous Huxley. And that's good enough for me.

The Zen Teaching of Huang Po on the Transmission of Mind
The Zen Teaching of Huang Po on the Transmission of Mind
by John Blofeld

5.0 out of 5 stars The compelling mysteries of man, 17 Jun 2014
Ah, Huang Po. Back to the 9th century: "All the Buddhas and all sentient beings are nothing but the One Mind beside which nothing exists." The combination of the sage and John Blofeld - no mean sage himself - is very compelling. I keep more than one copy of this book on my shelves in case of fire, theft, or civil turmoil. I might, with a bit of encouragement, leave them to the nation. Reluctantly, of course.

Lorus Gents Leather Strap Watch RH325AX9
Lorus Gents Leather Strap Watch RH325AX9
Offered by Badger Lane

5.0 out of 5 stars Timewatch, 17 Jun 2014
This watch is adorable for its facial design - apart from telling the time. As a dabbler in graphics, I can stare at it for hours. Well, minutes, away. And always with admiration. Reminds me of Swiss designers and German street signs.

Om Pendant in Circle Made in Nepal (Turquoise)
Om Pendant in Circle Made in Nepal (Turquoise)
Offered by Meditation World

4.0 out of 5 stars Heaven's above, 17 Jun 2014
OM is the voice of the universe. OM is also Tibetan Buddhist monks chanting. I like to be reminded of both and this pendant is a good means of achieving that.

Jomafe 20 cm Frying Pan, Red
Jomafe 20 cm Frying Pan, Red
Offered by Buckingham Online Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Frying tonight, 17 Jun 2014
Ceramic pans have become my favourites. This one is good and remarkable at the price. Shop versions much in excess of that price.

Geemarc CL8350BT Loud Mobile Phone with talking keypad and Bluetooth
Geemarc CL8350BT Loud Mobile Phone with talking keypad and Bluetooth
Offered by Hearing Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Testing to testy at click of a button, 17 Jun 2014
Looks good. Shouts well. My ringer testing woke my wife abruptly while she was supposed to be watching TV. She was not well pleased. I was pleased to have discovered this additional benefit..

2 X Stylus Pen For Apple Ipod Touch Ipad 1 Ipad 2 Ipad 3 Iphone 3Gs 3G 4G Nokia Samsung HTC Google Blackberry LG Sony Ericsson Smartphones
Offered by Mad Choice--Ships from HK station

4.0 out of 5 stars Banish your flabbies, 28 Sep 2012
Whoever invented iPads and that sort of thing had in mind dainty people with tiny hands and fingers to match. Hands must be even daintier where the Blackberry was given birth. It follows that you need a dainty surrogate finger to add to your eight fat and flabby ones. Then you can stab away with your stylus pen with not a care. You don't hit two keys at once as you do with your flabbies and you can sing all the way to the Send button. These little items are really tiny fingertips set in rods. And they work well enough for me to be happy to have them.

Logic3 i-Station Base Speaker Dock for iPad, iPhone and iPod with Remote
Logic3 i-Station Base Speaker Dock for iPad, iPhone and iPod with Remote
Offered by tablet_books

4.0 out of 5 stars parking area, 28 Sep 2012
The parking area for an iPad and similar implements is very handy. It looks well and has a good, sturdy feel to it. With it is a hand control; a rather flimsy affair. Not that its construction matters to me: it seems rather extraneous for my needs. I could not get the hand control to work on delivery and the suppliers very courteously sent me a new battery. I still could not get the thing to work. Probably because I am low-tech. So I rid my mind of the problem and bought a tumble dryer. No hand control for that and it works like a dream.

Pilot V7 Grip Needlepoint Liquid Ink Rollerball Pen Pack of 3 - Black
Pilot V7 Grip Needlepoint Liquid Ink Rollerball Pen Pack of 3 - Black
Offered by K Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars To the point rollerball, 28 Sep 2012
I had a fair idea what would arrive in the post, and I was not disappointed. These pens are superb writing instruments. Since there were three in the pack, I gave one - reluctantly - to my wife, and as an afterthought added that it was an early birthday present. Nothing like economy in these testing times.

Page: 1 | 2