Profile for Marion Jorgensen > Reviews

Content by Marion Jorgensen

Marion Jorgensen (Little Chalfont, Bucks United Kingdom)

Sacred Contracts: Awakening Your Divine Potential
Sacred Contracts: Awakening Your Divine Potential
by Caroline Myss

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for anyone growing personally and spiritually., 13 Mar 2002
While I and my friends have been reading Sacred Contracts, the most frequent statement I have heard is "This resonates with me". It is as if Caroline has pulled all the threads together and made a beautiful coat.
Using archetype patterns to explain how your personality is affected by the energy patterns we are locked in to, is so inspiring. Understanding that these patterns are energy patterns and that if I identify with that archetype pattern then that is all I think I can be, was a revelation.
If I use this pattern to grow and change as a person, my insight into that pattern can be used as a line drawn in the sand to decide whether I want to react/behave in a certain way or not, thereby taking responsibilities for my choices. When we have ultimately fulfilled all our Sacred Contracts and mastered the archetypes' shadow aspects we can become whoever we want to be.
I recently used the archetypes with a couple of my clients, as they said they had lost their identify (due to the paths they have been following). We put together a wheel of their 12 archetypes and they very much enjoyed exploring themselves and discovering who they really are. They have started to learn to take responsibility for their choices.
Thanks to Caroline Myss for this wonderful, inspirational book. I shall use it for myself and others when drawn to do so.