Profile for Ms J H Cook > Reviews

Content by Ms J H Cook

Ms J H Cook (london United Kingdom)

The Day Aberystwyth Stood Still (Louie Knight Mystery 6)
The Day Aberystwyth Stood Still (Louie Knight Mystery 6)
by Malcolm Pryce

5.0 out of 5 stars Malcolm Pryce, 10 Sep 2011
Malcolm Pryce is a genius. I have read all of his books. They're funny, poetic, profound and they satisfy the desires of mystery lovers. They are every kind of story rolled into one complex and hilarious plot. I recommend every book in the series. TDASS is funny, surreal and fresh. There isn't any other writing like it.

Alexander the Great
Alexander the Great
by Robin Lane Fox
Price: 12.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Alexander The Great - Highly Recommended, 15 Aug 2004
This review is from: Alexander the Great (Paperback)
I have not studied Classics and I had never read a biography of Alexander before but I could not put this book down. It was detailed and inspiring and I will be buying copies for friends. It is more than a biography, it is a tale of true adventure, war, bravery and leadership. I felt the author helped me, the reader, live in the times of Alexander. At the same time he reminded me that I was reading a historical chronical that was based on pieces of information that had been passed down or preserved. He distinguished between educated assumptions and facts, so I trusted him as an historian. The adventure and times as depicted in the book are thrilling and I recommend it highly.