ARRAY(0x9e8deef4)

Offered by Gamesters Orb
Price: 13.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Princess perfect!, 5 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My 6 year old is a big fan of Disney Princesses and loves playing this game. Not only is it a fun game but you can play dress up too! The rules are simple, it doesn't take much setting up and it's one that holds my daughters concentration throughout. The only downside is that it's not really suitable for those who aren't up to speed on their Disney films & Disney Princess knowledge! I find the RRP of 19.00 a little high but would definitely recommend purchasing at around the 10.00 mark.

Me To You Tiny Tatty Teddy Memories Box (Beige)
Me To You Tiny Tatty Teddy Memories Box (Beige)
Offered by Teddybearland Ltd
Price: 18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Tatty at all!, 21 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a beautiful looking memory box with plenty of lovely detail, I expected nothing less from Me To You/Tatty Teddy. It's totally unisex too (neutral colours etc) so would make an ideal gift idea for those not knowing whether to buy for a boy or girl!

The memory box is very large, a lot bigger than I expected, which was a nice surprise. It's very deep so there's plenty of room to keep larger objects inside (cards, first outfit, blanket etc). There's a small frame attached to the front of the box too, which you can slide a photo inside. The lid is attached to the box and can be fully opened (like a book). Inside of the lid is a reasonably sized secure storage box/envelope.

The box contains some small envelopes which have 'This envelope contains...' and 'Date...' written on. These are the perfect way and perfect size for storing small things away safety, such as first tooth or curl. There are also 3 small but sturdy drawers built inside the box, these are also very useful for storing away small bits and pieces safety. The box also contains a small photo album that holds up to 10 photographs. The photo album is a nice idea but it's a shame it doesn't hold a few more photographs. Also, the borders are really large and you end up losing half of the photographs! The last thing to mention is the 'My First Memory Book' which a small and sweet book, which is suitable for jotting down first events such as first steps, first food tasting, first tooth etc.

I would recommend this lovely memory box - it's beautifully decorated and very large, there's plenty of storage space inside and nice extras. However I do think it's a little overpriced and the photo album isn't as good as it could be.

I'm happy to recommend.

Me To You Tiny Tatty Teddy Cloth Book
Me To You Tiny Tatty Teddy Cloth Book
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Soft, unisex, washable and CUTE!, 23 Sep 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I recently received the Me To You Tatty Teddy Cloth Book. The first thing to say is it's absolutely beautiful. Like most Me To You products, this book is beautifully decorated with lovely pictures and lots of nice detail. The pages were a lot thicker than I expected, each page appears to have a layer of padding stitched inside them. This makes the book incredibly soft, as well as making the pages thick and easy for little fingers to grip on to and turn. The book seems durable and good quality. There are no small parts or potential hazards that can be removed from the book. It can also be washed.

Each page features Teddy Teddy (among other pictures) and counts up to five. Each page features the numerical number as well as the written number.

The book comes in a beautifully decorated box and would make a good present for a new baby. It's completely unisex (neutral colours etc) and would be suitable for any little boy or girl. Downsides? Well the RRP of 8.00 is a little high and the book doesn't have any different textures, which would have been nice as babies love different textures (crinkly etc). However it's still a nice book and I'm happy to recommend.

Whatever Next!
Whatever Next!
by Jill Murphy
Price: 5.03

5.0 out of 5 stars A bear on the moon? Whatever Next!, 5 Jun 2013
This review is from: Whatever Next! (Paperback)
Whatever Next is a childrens story written and illustrated by Jill Murphy. Jill Murphy is also well known for creating the popular childrens book Peace At Last. She also created The Worst Witch series of books and The Large Family picture books. Whatever Next was first published in 1983.

The book is A4 size and paperback. The front cover (and pages) are quite thin unfortunately, so make sure young children are supervised! On the front cover is a large and rather fun picture of Baby Bear sitting in a box (with a colander on his head), zooming out of a chimney, whilst a cat looks on! The illustrations inside the book are lovely and enjoyable to look at. Each page has a full colourful picture and there are even black and grey pictures on the text pages (these give you more of an idea of what Baby Bear is getting up to). I never read this book as a child but I used to love Peace At Last. The pictures in this book are very similar to Peace At Last, which makes me feel even more positive towards it.

My daughter (5) regularly asks for this book at bedtimes and has done so for a few years. It's just the right length and it's a nice, enjoyable, easy going story for settling down to. My daughter is usually captivated until the end and doesn't lose interest. I like the fact that the book makes use of imaginative play and encourages children to use their own imagination like Baby Bear. As my daughter has now begun reading, she is also interested in helping me read the book - there is no repetition or rhyming, but there are a lot of small words for reading beginners to sound out (Eg. Can, go, to, the, mat, by, for, off, up). I think this book would be enjoyed best between 2-6 years.

A Dragon on the Doorstep
A Dragon on the Doorstep
by Stella Blackstone
Price: 5.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Hide and seek with jungle animals... and a dragon!, 5 Jun 2013
A Dragon On The Doorstep has been part of my daughters book collection since she was about 2 years old. I remember she didn't enjoy me reading it to her for the first couple of months (I think she found the creatures a bit scary) but despite her initial reservations, she grew to really enjoy this book and regularly asked for me to read to her!

The book is quite a large size and is a paperback (but with a wipe-clean cover). The front cover has a bright and bold illustration of 2 children sitting on top of a spotty dragon. The illustrations inside the book are brilliant. They are bright, bold and colourful. Each page is a treat for little ones to look at. The illustrations are spread over two pages and have a lot going on. I usually have to pause after reading each piece of text, just so my daughter can take all of the pictures in.

The story is fun. It's full of shocks and surprises (like finding a bear in the bedroom and a lion in the laundry!) and has a touch of humour too (like locking a dragon in the cupboard and shutting a lion in the garage!). The humour aspect ensures that the creatures in the book aren't made out to be scary. The book is almost like a game of hide and seek too. Each page features all of the creatures that have already been found and also features part of the creature that is revealed on the next page. My daughter enjoys spotting all of the hiding creatures and guessing who the next creature will be. All of the text is large (which is handy for both children and adults) and all of the text rhymes too. Rhyming text is great as it makes the book flow nicely and children also really enjoy stories that rhyme. Apparently this book is also a song, but I must admit that I've never heard of it. I think this book would most appeal to children 2-5 years old.

Hamish the Highland Cow
Hamish the Highland Cow
by Natalie Russell
Price: 5.29

5.0 out of 5 stars From dirty stinking cow to 'coolest cow in the highlands'!, 5 Jun 2013
Hamish The Highland Cow has been part of my daughters book collection for a year or so. The book is a large size and has 32 pages which is I think is enough to hold a solid story, but not too long. It is a paperback book, with a wipe-clean cover. The illustrations are really lovely. They're fun, bright, colourful and bold. I like how the illustrations look really authentically hand drawn, it gives them a lot of character. Most of the illustrations are spread over two pages. My daughter seems to particularly enjoy seeing all the toffees and creepy crawlies in Hamish's coat and seeing all of Hamish's adventures when he visits the hairdressers.

The story is not only fun, but it has a good message. My daughter has never really had any issues with going to the hairdressers but I can imagine this would be a very beneficial book for children who refuse to make a trip to the hairdressers! It makes the hairdressers seem like a very fun place to be! It also shows that being clean, tidy and trying new things can really pay off - not only did Hamish think he looked very nice after his trip to the hairdressers (and he also enjoyed his time at the hairdressers) but his friends were so proud that they surprised him with a lovely gift. Very encouraging stuff indeed! The story always captures my daughters attention and she never gets bored of hearing it. The text is quite large which is handy for both children and adults. The text isn't rhyming or repetitive, but there are a lot of smaller words which are perfect for reading beginners. I think this book would most appeal to children 2-6 years old.

Emjoi Micro-Pedi Portable Pedicure Device
Emjoi Micro-Pedi Portable Pedicure Device
Price: 29.23

4.0 out of 5 stars An effortless & effective way of dry skin busting!, 5 Jun 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been suffering with dry and damaged heels for a few years now. I'm not really sure why but I put it down to wearing lots of backless shoes and rarely wearing socks. My feet don't hurt but they do look rather unsightly from underneath and behind! I have tried many products to solve the problem but haven't found anything that seems to really work (not in the long run and without lots of time and effort anyway), so I was really pleased when the Emjoi Micro-Pedi came up on the Amazon Vine.

It came packaged inside a cardboard box and had instructions inside. The device requires 2 x AA batteries, which disappointingly weren't included. I would have expected batteries to be included for the price (although I have been using the device regularly for a few weeks now and the batteries haven't needed replacing, which is good). I hadn't heard of the brand 'Emjoi' before so I didn't really expect this product was going to be up to much. The Micro-Pedi is said to be a 'safe, portable, professional pedicure system that can be used on all areas of your feet and heels to easily remove rough, calloused, hard, dry and cracked skin safely, gently and instantly from the comfort of your own home'.

The Micro-Pedi is about 10 inches long in total and has a plastic handle which is comfortable to grip. Above the handle is a blue coloured roller (which looks like it's covered with sandpaper). There's no need to set up the Micro-Pedi, it's ready to use right away. There is an 'on/off' switch on the handle. It's really simple to use. The Micro-Pedi makes a quite a loud buzzing noise when in use but it's no louder than an electric toothbrush.

You are advised to wash and dry feet thoroughly before use. You should then turn the Micro-Pedi on and gently rotate the roller over the hard skin, back and fourth or side to side. I tend to do a combination of back and fourth and side to side. The instructions state that you should only leave the device on the hard skin for 2-3 seconds at a time (or longer until you achieve the softness you desire). However I find that I use the device for up to about a minute on each foot. I really think timing is an individual thing depending on how much hard skin you have, so don't pay too much attention to the instructions. I concentrate on my heels, although I also use the device on the underside of my big toes which I've recently noticed have started to get a little rough. You don't need to push down hard (the device actually stops if you do) and only need to gently glide it over the skin. It's really effortless to use and a thousand times quicker and easier than filing the skin by hand (with a foot file, Ped Egg etc). You should use the Micro-Pedi over the bath or over a towel, because a large amount of dust-like dry skin comes off when using the device. It's very effective, you can physically see how much dry skin the Micro-Pedi has removed. I wasn't overly impressed the first time I used the Micro-Pedi because my feet weren't soft and smooth like the advert showed! I now realise that you need to give your feet some extra care, as well as using the Micro-Pedi. The Micro-Pedi gets you off to a good start but it's up to you to do the rest. I now moisturise my feet daily (morning and evening if possible) and after I use my Micro-Pedi. I have also started wearing socks more often and wearing slippers when indoors (oppose to bear foot). After about 3 weeks of use, my feet have really improved. They feel and look so much softer and smoother than before.

The instructions state that you should use the device at least once a week (or as often as you need to). I find that I use my Micro-Pedi about 3 times a week. You don't need to plug it in to anything, so it's totally portable too. I plan to take it on my holidays to keep my feet in tip top condition! The device is easy to clean, it comes with a small brush which is useful to remove dry skin from the roller. You can also rinse the roller in water (but not the whole device as it's not waterproof).

Unfortunately the rollers do wear out and need replacing. The Micro-Pedi doesn't come with any refills, which I think is disappointing, especially given the price of the device. There are 2 types of rollers to choose from - pink and blue. The pink rollers are softer and designed for sensitive skin but the the blue rollers are more coarse and designed for rough/tough skin. I haven't tried the pink rollers but it sound as though the blue rollers are definitely more suited to me. I would definitely recommend the blue rollers to anybody who really suffers with dry heels - it doesn't hurt at all and really gets the job done nicely. A pack of 2 rollers (either colour) generally cost between 11.00 - 13.00.

I think the Emjoi Micro-Pedi definitely worth purchasing. Just remember it's not a miracle cure, but you will see a 100% improvement if you regularly use the Micro-Pedi and give your feet the TLC they deserve! I will definitely continue to use the Micro-Pedi. It's the most effortless and effective dry skin treatment that I have used on my feet and I'm happy to recommend to others.

Ikra Flexotrim AHS-6024 LI 24V Lithium Ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer
Ikra Flexotrim AHS-6024 LI 24V Lithium Ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb hedge trimmer, 28 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was quite nervous when the Ikra Flexotrim Hedge Trimmer arrived at my door step. It was packaged inside a huge brown box and I felt as though it was going to be too big and heavy duty for me to handle. I left it sitting in the box for about a week before finally opening it. The brown box had in fact put about a foot on top of the actual size of the hedge trimmer box! When I opened the hedge trimmer box, it wasn't half as scary as I had anticipated. It's 113cm long (including the handle) and really lightweight. It looks really nice too, much less of a chainsaw like I was expecting and more like a giant meat slicer! It comes with an instruction leaflet, plug-in charger and blade cover (a good safety feature to have). The instruction leaflet seems quite long because it's written in lots of different languages but when you read through the English section, it's all very simple to understand and the trimmer is really easy to use. The hedge trimmer requires no setting up and was ready for me to use right away.

There's no need to fill up the trimmer with petrol (which is time consuming, pricey and smelly) or drag a cable around the garden. It's so convenient to use - just pick it up and start trimming! I've noticed that the battery lasts for a long time before it needs recharging too. I have used the hedge trimmer LOTS and have only charged it twice, for a couple of hours, through choice. The trimmer is not as loud as I expected either, which is a relief. It's quite loud but not half as loud as some petrol trimmers and lawnmowers. There's no need to wear ear protection, although I would advise eye protection as little bits and pieces are prone to flying off - I opt for sunglasses! There is a small shield on the trimmer which I find deflects most garden debris, so no need for gloves and long sleeves.

The trimmer is very efficient and cuts through everything I need it to with ease. It cuts through my hedges and bushes at super speed. The blades are very strong, I have accidentally cut through some thick branches and the trimmer just went right through them. The trimmer is effortless to use and really easy to handle. The blade is quite long which allows me to reach high up and I also find that I can reach awkward places (that normally put me in difficult positions) thanks to the adjustable handle, which is really quick and easy to adjust. I don't really use the eco-mode, only if I'm trimming a very small area, but I still think it's still a smart mode to have.

I definitely recommend this hedge trimmer and have nothing negative to say about it. It's powerful and effective but lightweight and easy to handle.

Trunki PaddlePak Water-Resistant Backpack - Flo (Pink)
Trunki PaddlePak Water-Resistant Backpack - Flo (Pink)
Price: 14.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Funki Trunki!, 21 Jan 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My 5 year old has been using the Trunki Paddlepak Backpack weekly for a couple of months for swimming lessons. It's a great looking bag (pink colour and unique design) and my daughter loves it. It's just the right size for her and she's happy enough to wear it on her back (the straps can also be adjusted as she grows). The bag isn't huge but there is sufficient space for everything she needs to put in to it - costume, towel, googles etc. It opens up wide at the top to easily put things in and take things out too. The bag is made from a waterproof material which doesn't allow any dampness to leak through. I also like the fact the bag rolls down and clips shut for extra security (this also seals the bag shut so no air gets inside and makes swimming stuff smell damp). We use the small pocket to store jewellery, hairbands and money away safety. The bag seems very robust and durable - it's showing no sign of wear and tear, plus it wipes clean which is always handy! I have no complaints at all.

Cinderella Book & CD (Disney Storybook & CD)
Cinderella Book & CD (Disney Storybook & CD)
by Disney
Price: 4.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Princess perfect, 7 Dec 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My 5 year old is a huge Disney Princess fan and already has The Little Mermaid Book & CD, which she loves. The Cinderella Book & CD is now just as loved, she mostly uses it in the car with the CD in the CD player whilst she reads the book in the back seat! The narrator speaks very clearly and there is a chime every time you need to turn the page, it's very easy to follow. My daughter is currently learning to read and I feel like the Book & CD concept is a great way to encourage reading and learning new words. The illustrations are excellent and just as they appear in the film. I think the Cinderella Book & CD is very good value for money and would recommend to all little princesses!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8