Profile for Steady > Reviews

Content by Steady

Steady

The Pagan Lord (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 7)
The Pagan Lord (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 7)
Price: 3.49

3.0 out of 5 stars losing momentum, 2 Oct 2013
A great series and great characters, but it feels like its running out of momentum. The story drags painfully in places, yet as ever the battles and other confrontations are superb. At points however, the insult trading sounds florid and contrived. Not the standard I'm used to from this master storyteller.

Digital Photography For Absolute Beginners. Quick Guide to Getting Started With Digital Photography
Price: 0.77

2.0 out of 5 stars brief and superficial, 9 Aug 2013
A quick and easy read, but so much so that it felt like it could have been written in a rush on a wet Sunday afternoon, with little structure or cohesiveness. Having already bought a decent digital camera (not a DSLR) and wanting help to move beyond simple 'point and click' snapshots, I found large parts of this very small book irrelevant. The introduction covers why you may want to take photos, then it explains the different types of cameras very briefly, but only gave examples of a few DSLR cameras that may be suitable for novices. Sections on shutter speed and use of a tripod were fine, though I felt none the wiser on 'panning' which felt poorly explained. It lacked coverage of aperture, ISO and other aspects I really did want to know about, but went on for a fair proportion of this brief book on photo editing software pros and cons.

I think it took me 15 minutes to read the book and I found perhaps three or four minutes of that useful to my needs. Not a great buy for me.

GARMIN City Navigator Europe NT on SD/Micro SD Full coverage
GARMIN City Navigator Europe NT on SD/Micro SD Full coverage
Offered by Best Digital Market
Price: 44.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother with Garmin, 19 May 2011
Waste of time and money, especially for Mac users. I would never touch another Garmin product, their product design and support have put me off for life.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2013 1:01 PM BST

Abus City Chain-X-Plus 1060 - Black, 85cm
Abus City Chain-X-Plus 1060 - Black, 85cm
Price: 93.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 19 May 2011
This review is from: Abus City Chain (Sports)
I really can't rave about the value of this enough for the price I paid (under []). It weighs a lot, but that's what I want for leaving a valuable bike in a city centre with confidence. It fits well in my saddlebag and doesn't mark the bike. Spot on!