Profile for A. White > Reviews

Content by A. White

A. White "Eternal-41269" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Challenge Salmon and Whitefish Dog Biscuits, 300 g
Challenge Salmon and Whitefish Dog Biscuits, 300 g

4.0 out of 5 stars Crunchy fish biscuits - enjoyed by dog, packaging a slight downfall, 24 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Was drawn to these biscuits in the ingredients, as they have 55% fish and claim not to have anything other then fish and potato. We know someone with a dog who has quite bad food allergies who our dog socialises with and it's nice to know that I could take these round and feed all the dogs rather then leaving him out.

All of our dogs other treats are quite small so she didn't quite know what to do with these to begin with, but that isn't unusual for her when presenting her with new foods, particularly as she isn't used to fish and these have quite a strong odour (at least, as a non fish eating human they smell strong to me). Once she had figured out that it was food though she seemed to enjoy it and has taken others from me eagerly.

The packaging is a clear plastic bag and in this I feel that the products falls short a little. Would be better in my opinion to contain the biscuits in a box. They would be easier to store that way and the packaging could be recycled afterwards. As it is I am keeping the biscuits within the bag that amazon sent them to me in, so that non fall out and end up going stale in the back of the cupboard.

The biscuits are relatively large, so small dogs may struggle to eat them, as they are also quite crunchy. Described as being perfect for training, which is subjective, as personally I like a smaller training aid, even for our large breed dog. Still being enjoyed however, and nice to give her something different and natural.

Willow Organic Beauty Classic Box, Lime & Lavender
Willow Organic Beauty Classic Box, Lime & Lavender

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely box, nice soap, shame about other contents., 10 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This set consists of a hand and body wash, a lotion, bar soap and a small candle. It's contained in a sturdy black and grey cardboard box and came wrapped within bubble wrap. As soon as I removed this I was hit by the scent from within, which smelled fantastic and on closer inspection of the contents was coming from the soap.

I was really excited to use these products. The box was lovely and had a nice reveal of the products with the addition of a small piece of tissue paper as well of the lovely smell. Although, if I was being picky, the tissue paper around the soap had a tear in it and underneath the inner box that supports the products was also torn, which took away from the luxury feel a little.

Upon using the body wash and lotion however I was a tad disappointed. I'll be honest that I can't smell the lime at all and am just hit by the lavender. I adore the smell of lavender, but this is just too strong for me. Perhaps it's just that I am used to the natural scent of the plant rather then bottled versions, but I can't say that I am overly keen on it. It is not a bad scent at all, but just one that I would rather not come from me!

This may have been forgiven if I found the products to work well on my skin, but frankly they do not. You need a lot of the wash to get any decent sort of lather, and due to the design of the pump you need a fair few pumps to achieve this. The top also fell off the first time I tried to use it, which wasn't a great start to what I'd hoped would be a relaxing shower. After getting out I didn't find myself feeling particularly clean, despite using the wash along side an exfoliating sponge. Upon getting out, the lotion doesn't leave my skin feeling particularly soft and in general doesn't do anything for me.
I carried on using the products for a week and half without using other products and during this time I developed some spots on my back and shoulders, which is very unusual for me and since I hadn't altered anything else during this time, can only assume it was from using the body wash, either directly or because I didn't feel as clean as usual when using it. I went back to my usual routine and these have since gone.

I'm not usually a fan of bar soaps, as they tend to dry out my hands. With this one however, that has a different scent to the wash and lotion, this is not the case and is the redeeming item in this set. I think it smells quite nice and I am continuing to use the product on a daily basis.

The candle is contained within a frosted glass holder and has a pleasant smell about it. I've placed it on a tall chest of drawers next to my bed and can occasionally smell it when I pass it or upon entering the room, which I like. I don't usually light candles unless I have to, and keep them for decorative purposes. As I'm not a huge fan of the white colour of this one though, it may well get used at some point. Overall, not necessary, but a welcome addition to a gift set.

In general then, this is a nice gift set and I would have been happy to receive it as such. It is however let down by the 'main events' of the box. I can see from other reviews that they have enjoyed the scent, but clearly they do not work well for my skin either which is why I must only give it 3 stars. 2 stars for the box as a whole and an additional star for consisting of mostly organic products that aren't tested on animals.

Karin Herzog Vita-A-Kombi Oil Anti-Ageing Face Oil for Dry Skin 15 ml
Karin Herzog Vita-A-Kombi Oil Anti-Ageing Face Oil for Dry Skin 15 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Anti-Aging Oil - aborbs well, takes awhile to see results., 22 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My first impressions of the look of this product were not appealing. The sticker on the bottle simply claims that it is a facial oil with an ingredients list and doesn't do much to make it feel special. That may sound odd, but this is a premium brand with the high price tag to go with it and I would have liked something with a little more quality feel. I tried pealing off the sticker, but was left with the residue so put it back on. Bizarrely, the same information looks to be printed onto the bottle, so makes me wonder for the need of a sticker in the first place?

I'm in my mid-20's and use a day moisturiser that I have had to continue using with the oil. I suffer with dry skin that is greasy in the T-zone. I was concerned that applying more oil to my face would make this worse. In this I was pleasantly surprised, as the oil absorbs really well into the skin and I've been rubbing the little excess oil into my hands in an attempt to get rid of the dry skin between my fingers. This hasn't been effective, but it is advertised as a facial oil, so this hasn't influenced my review.

The first week of using this I was really disappointed as after applying the oil at night I awoke to very dry skin and didn't see any improvements. So much so that I did stop using it for a couple days.

I however wanted to give the product a fair review, so started using it again.

I have now been using it for three weeks and am finally starting to see and feel a difference. I have even received compliments on my skin condition from two separate people on different days, who are unaware that I am using this product. I do find this surprising, as to me the effect of the oil doesn't seem to have changed me that much, yet clearly others have noticed and perhaps I'm just being far too critical of myself!

I am using about three drops of oil a night. A drop in my case not being a full pump. In this time I have used about a fifth of the bottle. A criticism I would have of the pump is that a full one tends to be too much on the fingers at once and it can be a little difficult to judge to begin with. The best way to apply the oil is a small amount on the fingers and then dab it onto the face before massaging in. If you massage to start with you will end up needing more and have an uneven coverage.

The oil makes your face feel especially nice after a shower and I have been applying after every shower, regardless of the time of day as well as night.
I do feel like the feel of my face has improved and I have seen some improvement to the dry skin that I have had around my nose for months. I read somewhere (possibly on the Karin Herzog website) that the oil is also good for lips, but I haven't had any luck here and am still suffering with chapped lips.

In terms of any anti-wrinkle effects I haven't seen any improvements there, and despite my age I do have wrinkles upon my brow, around the eyes and the bridge of my nose, possibly caused by years of dry skin, but nothing too excessive. I get the impression that this product is meant to be used in preparation for other products in there range though, but can not claim either way if it actually helps in that regard.

Overall I am a little unsure about this oil. I will continue to use it until it is all gone, but I am unsure on if I would purchase any more at this point. I feel reassured that I am doing a small something to nourish my skin before the onset of any major wrinkles, but haven't seen that drastic an affect as of yet to really justify the price tag. If by the end of the bottle I have continued to see improvements in my skin condition then I would certainly consider buying more, but at this point in time I am not so sure and would hesitate to recommend this oil unless you have already tried cheaper alternatives.

4head Headache & Migraine Relief Stick - 3.6g
4head Headache & Migraine Relief Stick - 3.6g
Offered by PriceBlitzer Vitamins

4.0 out of 5 stars 4head -Would buy again, 25 Sep 2014
I've been a migraine sufferer since I was a young child and it's something I have come to live with and monitor better as I have got older. None the less however, migraines are still a part of my every day life, whether it be the actual 'headache', or other migraine symptoms that leave me feeling groggy and sensitive.

Previously I was relying on pain relieving drugs, that was in the long run making me worse, but 4head has been a blessing in relieving symptoms and often stopping a migraine developing further so that I can carry on my day. I do find it especially effective at night however, when you can combine it with darkness and quiet and works in combination with drugs when I have an especially bad migraine to instantly relieve the pain whilst the drugs get to work.

I have been using this product for a few weeks now and still have some left. The packaging is small, with an even smaller amount of product inside it, but it's fairly deceptive, as you don't need a lot for it to work.

Negatives of why it looses a star rating is that it can make your eyes water sometimes, gets quite soft when warm and therefore I haven't been able to take it into work with me, which is a place that gets really hot. Now that we are approaching winter though, this may not be an issue. I find that you can not use 4head regularly though and still feel an effect from it and need to limit its use (I have therefore been using a different product at work, an oil based roll on which travels better, smells good and come in even smaller packaging).
4head is the better and most effective product though and is really easy to apply and I would definitely not be without one in my house.

GOODOGS TREAT Dogs Snack for Dogs, Small
GOODOGS TREAT Dogs Snack for Dogs, Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty training aid for dogs, 4 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Made with 35% fresh pork meat, these are pretty high quality for a snack.
Those wishing to feed grain free however, may want to avoid due to the inclusion of rice. I imagine this is what keeps the price relatively low and for that I'm grateful. I would consider these good value for money if not for the packaging being deceiving as not full to the top, yet the design with the lid is quite nice to see.

The pieces are very small, which makes them perfect as a training aid, even for larger dogs. They are small enough that they can be put inside treat balls without getting stuck (at least with the ball I have on the lower 'difficultly' setting).

Dog seems to really enjoy them and keeps coming back for more, despite being a little weary of other new foods. Would consider buying the larger size for when the dog is a bit older, but for now I'm a fan of these smaller pieces.

For those wishing to feed a higher percentage of meat content, Goodogs also do a range called Caprice, with 60% fresh pork.

VERO MODA Women's Waterfall Collar 1/2 Sleeve T-Shirt  - White - Weiß (Snow White) - 12
VERO MODA Women's Waterfall Collar 1/2 Sleeve T-Shirt - White - Weiß (Snow White) - 12

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice top, but very thin., 18 Aug 2014
Ordered a size 14 and fits well for me. I am fairly tall, slim with a small bust.

The design and shape of the top is nice and I am a big fan of the stud details along the top.

The material however is much thinner then expected, hence loosing a star.

I am considering buying the top in a different colour, for the right price. I am really happy with my purchase, but do not think it is worth the full RRP.

Lily's Kitchen Chicken Dinner for Puppies, 400 g, Pack of 6
Lily's Kitchen Chicken Dinner for Puppies, 400 g, Pack of 6
Offered by Mr Pets

4.0 out of 5 stars Lily's Kitchen puppy food. Great idea, unsure of long term effects., 18 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
From reading reviews and comments around Lily's Kitchen food, I sort of expected a product that once opened would look higher quality and more 'chunky'. I guess considering that this is for puppies however the texture is really easy for small dogs to eat.
I have a large breed dog who is already approaching the size of medium sized adult dogs, so it would be nice to see something with a little more substance to it, but this is going to vary on your breed. It seems likely that I will try the adult dog food at some point (perhaps a selection box?) and hope that when I do this is more chunky, but this is purely a personal preference. That being said however the food does look more appealing then other wet foods I have seen in the past.

As I have only had the 6 cans I can not comment on the long term effects of feeding this food, but I certainly feel better about the ingredients list compared to other popular brands and my puppy acted just as you would expect a puppy to during this time with no ill effects.

I would consider buying other puppy food from Lily's Kitchen in compliment to the dry food she is now being fed. This is due to looking at Lily's website and feeling confident that this brand cares more about the quality of their products, the life of the animals used to make their foods and the vast majority of it being organic.

I'm A Leaf On The Wind Watch How I Soar - Womens T-Shirt-Sky Blue-XXL
I'm A Leaf On The Wind Watch How I Soar - Womens T-Shirt-Sky Blue-XXL
Offered by Dressdown

3.0 out of 5 stars As recommended on the product listing due to the supposed snug ..., 2 Aug 2014
As recommended on the product listing due to the supposed snug fit I ordered a size up. This however wasn't required an the t-shirt that came ended up being far too large, so large that I ended up using it as a nightshirt. I'm perfectly happy with baggy, but in this case it was too big to wear in public without looking silly, especially as I also don't feel that the shirt has much shape to it for a woman's fit.

The material was really soft when first received and comfortable to wear, but after a couple washes not to much. It has however washed relatively well and the design is still clear.

Unless you have a really large bust, I would recommend ordering your usual size.

Swarovski Elements Crystal Four Leaf Clover Pendant Necklace 19" - CN9034R
Swarovski Elements Crystal Four Leaf Clover Pendant Necklace 19" - CN9034R
Offered by WORLDTREE

2.0 out of 5 stars Not swarovski, 22 May 2014
There was mixed reviews on here, and although I was dubious for the price, I decided to buy this item anyway.

I sort of wish that I hadn't bothered. The metal is dull, the stones of a poor fitting and not the shown colour, as well as some distinct design differences from the photograph, leading me to believe that I received a imitation product. I didn't expect real swarovski for the price, but a nice enough pendant, which isn't what I received.

I managed to contact the seller and receive a refund, but I would say avoid unless your absolutely sure that you are receiving the advertised necklace as shown in the photograph.

My necklace came with a little cloth bag, which is a redeeming feature that at least I can protect some other jewellery piece. It has a number printed on it though, which is odd, so even that isn't very attractive.

Cirrus Earplugs Premium Soft Foam
Cirrus Earplugs Premium Soft Foam
Offered by Rubber Soul Healthcare

1.0 out of 5 stars Cirrus Earplugs, 14 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I use earplugs on and off, sometimes every night depending on circumstances. I've tried reusable products and not got on with them, so have been buying e-a-r branded earplugs (the cylinder yellow ones) in bulk over the last few years as these are what I have found the best for me, if still not a little uncomfortable sometimes when used regularly.

I was looking forward to trying out a different shaped earplug, but I haven't liked the cirrus ones at all.

Compared to the e-a-r brand these are larger and made of a softer material with a bell shape. I found the size to be too large (and I don't have small ears) and the bell shape to be uncomfortable, or painful, to the annoying 'heartbeat effect' and haven't been able to last more then 30 minutes with them in at any one time. I gave them several goes to try and get used to them and figure out if it was just me not being used to the shape, but each time I gave up and found sleep more restful without them.

Worryingly the earplugs were also really painful to take out, almost as if it has created a airtight seal and I could still feel the effect minutes later.

The earplugs come packaged in a single plastic bag inside the cardboard box. Within this there is a little plastic carry case box, which does not close very well and I doubt would last up to serious use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10