Profile for Weaverman > Reviews

Content by Weaverman

Weaverman

Father of Lies
Father of Lies

5.0 out of 5 stars ... read this book in an earlier draft and thoroughly enjoyed it, terming it a "real page turner", 16 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Father of Lies (Kindle Edition)
I was lucky enough to read this book in an earlier draft and thoroughly enjoyed it, terming it a "real page turner". Now, having read the finished product I can endorse my earlier opinion 100%. Serena Cairns totally fulfils the promise of her earlier short stories with this gripping tale of something nasty lurking beneath the church (with both a small and a capital "c"). The characters ring true and in the true tradition of the masters and mistresses of macabre fiction the unlikely and the unbelievable is made believable. I'm a seasoned reader of fantastic fiction and I am happy to admit that this book really delivers the goods - and made me squirm! I hope a sequel is planned. Highly recommended.

Sings Kurt Weill & George Gershwin
Sings Kurt Weill & George Gershwin

5.0 out of 5 stars Why no Georgia?, 13 Feb. 2012
Georgia Brown was one of the great British singers and shamefully neglected by the industry today. A nice three CD set of Georgia's work is long overdue. I am lucky that I have four of her albums on vinyl - all without the sleeves as they are original Decca test pressings. Her Weill and Gershwin albums are probably her best work and badly need a re-issue.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2013 3:23 PM GMT

Andrew James 1500 Watt Multi Cooker With Glass Lid -2 YEAR WARRANTY - Large 42cm Diameter - Non- Stick Surface - Cool Touch Handles
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the Job, 5 Sept. 2011
When I saw the size (large) of the product I thought I'd made a mistake but not so. It has turned out to be my best friend in my cookerless kitchen and has been perfect for all routine frying jobs a.nd has successfully dealt with fish, paella and risotto. It is fast to heat up and once you are used to it easy to cool down when cooking is complete. Cleaning is extremely easy. Heat seems concentrated towards the edges with a cooler spot in the centre but I've found this can work to advantage if you are cooking breakfast for two or three others. Great value.